Adventure Gamers started as a humble fan site in 1998 but grew into one of the premier online magazines of its kind and the largest English-language website devoted to the adventure genre. We specialize in covering computer and video games that focus on puzzle solving within a narrative framework, from the oldest text and graphic adventures (such as Zork, King’s Quest, and Monkey Island) up through today’s upcoming releases (such as Return to Monkey Island, The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow, The Expanse: A Telltale Series, and The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil In Me).
We offer in-depth reviews and coverage of the latest adventure games, as well as nostalgic retrospectives on the best games from different decades. If you're looking for a complete list of the best adventure games to play in 2023, we update our overview continiously.
What are popular adventure game companies?
There are a number of different adventure game companies that are popular among gamers. Some of the more well-known companies include Telltale Games, Double Fine Productions, Daedalic Entertainment, Don't Nod and Terribly Toybox. Each of these companies has produced some of the most well-known adventure games in history. It can be hard to know where to start when it comes to finding the right adventure game for you, but these companies are a great place to start.
- Telltale Games is known for their episodic adventure games, which typically involve players making choices that will affect the outcome of the game. They have a large library of titles, which can be found on PC, iOS and Android devices. Such as The Walking Dead, Tales of Monkey Island, Minecraft and Sam & Max.
- Don't nod has produced some of the most unique adventure games in history. They are well known for their Life is Strange series, which is a episodic adventure game that revolves around the life of a teenage girl. The game is praised for its unique story and characters, and has won several awards.
- Double Fine Productions is known for their clever and funny adventure games. They have a wide range of titles, such as Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and Broken Age. Double Fine is known for their high quality graphics and humor, which sets their games apart from others in the genre.
- Daedalic Entertainment is another well-known company that produces adventure games. They have a wide range of titles, from Deponia to Pillars of the Earth. Daedalic often produces unique games that are not found elsewhere, which makes them a favorite of many gamers.
- Terribly Toybox, the studio by Ron Gilbert, is known for their modern take on classic adventure games. It started with Thimbleweed Park, a game that reimagined classic point and click adventure games. Gilbert is known for his humor and unique storytelling, which set the tone for the studio's other titles. They are currently working on Return to Monkey Island, a new adventure game that is set in the Monkey Island universe.
If you're looking for a truly unique adventure game experience, these are the companies to look for. They have produced some of the most entertaining and well-written games on the market.
What are promising new adventure games?
There are a lot of promising new adventure games being developed these days, and it's hard to know which ones to trust. Thankfully, we've compiled a list of some of the most promising new adventure games on the market, so you can make an informed decision.
Based on our hype-o-meter, we recommend you keep an eye on Return to Monkey Island, The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow, The Expanse: A Telltale Series, The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil In Me, Old Skies, STASIS: BONE TOTEM, Firmament, Simon the Sorcerer: Origins, Return of the Amazon Queen, Star Trek: Resurgence, we cover them all!
Keep up to date on the latest developments on these upcoming adventure games by checking back daily.
What are popular adventure games right now?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the Adventure Game genre can be incredibly diverse. However, some popular adventure games getting a lot of attention this week on our website include Pentiment, Colossal Cave, Lost Lands: Sand Captivity, GRUNND, Beach Cafe: Caribbean Sand, Beyond Shadowgate, The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow, True Fear: Forsaken Souls – Part 3, Your Story.
What are (point and click) adventure games?
Point and click adventure games are characterized by the player solving puzzles and interacting with characters in order to progress through the story. These games often have a strong focus on narrative, and can be some of the most immersive and engaging stories ever told in gaming.
What is the Adventure Games Database
It's our searchable database of adventure games, both old and new. You can browse by game title, developer, or even genre. There are also helpful tools, like a search bar and filters, to make finding the right adventure game easy. If you’re looking to discovered new titles, or just brush up on your old favourites, the Adventure Games Database is the place to be.
With a database of over 5,000 Adventure Games, you can either search through the database or use our unique Discover feature to find hidden gems you might like.
Use the search box below to consult our extensive database, you'll be able to locate reviews, adventure game companies, game information, full walkthroughs and more on the video games you're looking for.