• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

Total Posts: 5600

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I talked to Doc a bit at the bar and tried one of his extra riddles, but the clue doesn’t stay up long enough for me to write it all down.  I guess I’ll have to take a screenshot of it.

In the meantime, I started Josie’s episode but didn’t get further than the first screen.  I hope to play more tomorrow.  I love the banter and friendly teasing between Josie, Jake and Doc before it starts.  I keep thinking that these are people I’d really like to get to know.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 25 February 2013 12:56 AM

I talked to Doc a bit at the bar and tried one of his extra riddles, but the clue doesn’t stay up long enough for me to write it all down.  I guess I’ll have to take a screenshot of it.

I wrote them out a while back (including the answers in spoiler-tags) - see here.

Just got to the temple in my playthrough, and I just love the temple entrance puzzle! In fact, I love that type of puzzle so much that I’ll be doing all three difficulty levels. Tongue
I didn’t think ‘hard’ was actually hard, though, but then again, I’ve solved this type of puzzle lots of times before…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 25 February 2013 06:21 AM

I wrote them out a while back (including the answers in spoiler-tags) - see here.

Thanks, Timo!  I had skipped over that post to avoid the temptation to peek.

Edit:  Heh.  I figured out the first one easily because I always got a kick out of that name, and I managed to get all but the last one.  I had the wrong bird but even when I peeked, it wasn’t a name I recognized.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

In fact, I love that type of puzzle so much that I’ll be doing all three difficulty levels. Tongue

Grin So I am not the only one who did that.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 25 February 2013 10:07 AM

Edit:  Heh.  I figured out the first one easily because I always got a kick out of that name, and I managed to get all but the last one.  I had the wrong bird but even when I peeked, it wasn’t a name I recognized.

You don’t know this song then? Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Timo,
I do remember hearing that on AM radio, probably back sometime in the 80s.  It obviously wasn’t memorable for me.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

TerminusEst - 25 February 2013 11:04 AM

In fact, I love that type of puzzle so much that I’ll be doing all three difficulty levels. Tongue

So there are at least three of us. Smile

Bought some more chocolate so that I could finish Josie’s chapter yesterday.
I think it was a bit easier (and of course tastier) than Pyotr’s.
As already mentioned by someone before it also took me a while to find the parachute.

Total Posts: 2992

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

drunk - 26 February 2013 03:43 AM
TerminusEst - 25 February 2013 11:04 AM

So there are at least three of us. Smile

I didn’t. I tried the hard level first and find it much too easy to try the others too.

As already mentioned by someone before it also took me a while to find the parachute.

Yes, that was the tricky part for me too the first time I played it.

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I am loving this game… stuck outside the temple at the moment.

In the meantime, I started Josie’s episode but didn’t get further than the first screen.  I hope to play more tomorrow.  I love the banter and friendly teasing between Josie, Jake and Doc before it starts.  I keep thinking that these are people I’d really like to get to know.

Same happened to me with the clues… And I agree, the characters seem like people I’d like to meet. Makes me sad there’s no Callahans round here.

Ooh thanks! I’ll have a look.

Bought some more chocolate so that I could finish Josie’s chapter yesterday.
I think it was a bit easier (and of course tastier) than Pyotr’s.

I bought some chocolate as well yesterday… and it was definately for Josies chapter… noooo other reason why I bought that chocolate bunny…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m at the airport and died twice talking to the wrong people.  I’m so happy the game is so forgiving of mistakes without having to reload a save.

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Sefir - 26 February 2013 03:53 AM

Yes, that was the tricky part for me too the first time I played it.

I didn’t have issues on that front even though I did miss it on my first pass through that screen but isn’t it great that CCS is a game that generously rewards hunting for hotspots? Grin But I got mildly stuck at a later point a few days ago and I haven’t had the inspiration to go back to the game since then. I know I have to wash the cacao pods but trying the obvious things with the well didn’t work immediately so I called it a day. Don’t spoil me just yet though! I plan to figure it out tonight. Tongue

Lady Kestrel - 26 February 2013 12:28 PM

I’m at the airport and died twice talking to the wrong people.  I’m so happy the game is so forgiving of mistakes without having to reload a save.

The line between a mistake/death and a very fancy description à la Josh Mandel is quite blurry, isn’t it? Wink

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TerminusEst - 26 February 2013 01:35 PM

The line between a mistake/death and a very fancy description à la Josh Mandel is quite blurry, isn’t it? Wink

It made me laugh, both with relief and because it was funny. Grin

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Just finished Josie’s story. Made better time than in Pyotr’s.

There was one Pyotr reference that I found (knocking on the boxes in the plane).

And the entire part in the temple made me crave chocolate…

AND I’M ON A DIET!!! DAMN YOU, JOSH MANDEL!!! Pan Pan Pan

Grin

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I am done too. I also went through the “Fun Things to Try” and they were way better than the ones for Pyotr’s chapter. In conclusion, I can’t say I found Josie’s chapter easier than Pyotr’s.

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

TimovieMan - 26 February 2013 04:02 PM

There was one Pyotr reference that I found (knocking on the boxes in the plane).

Heh, found that one too…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top