• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

TimovieMan - 08 March 2013 10:48 AM

Did you enter it multiple times???

I did it now because you asked. Thanks! Smile

I’m still shaking with laughter because of Noah’s transformationGrin

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Sefir - 07 March 2013 12:42 PM
wilco - 07 March 2013 11:53 AM

Just got to the satellite, had no idea what I was doing with the ship controls but the thing took off. That was probably the point Smile

Perhaps, but there are many more interesting quotes and options. For example, I always try to hit Callahan’s with a missile. Tongue

I accidentally hit Callahans multiple times! I still don’t know how the controls work, but I made it to the satellite. I just can’t get through the decontamination field because of my extra arm holes.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

skeeter_93 - 09 March 2013 09:17 PM

I just can’t get through the decontamination field because of my extra arm holes.

The solution lies within the control room. Have you checked all the hotspots there?

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I thought I’d been through everything there, but I’ll go through again… Eager to move on through the chapter!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

skeeter_93 - 10 March 2013 05:49 AM

I thought I’d been through everything there, but I’ll go through again… Eager to move on through the chapter!

If you need any more details, just shoot. Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished the chapter. The duplicating gloves puzzle was evil.
The Incredible Noah transformation was a definite highlight of the chapter. Along with the Easter Egg room.
How many different games were there? I recognized Death Gate, Shannara, Mission Critical, but I’m not familiar with the other Legend games (what is Globbo?). Some really nice jokes in there.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 10 March 2013 05:41 PM

Finished the chapter. The duplicating gloves puzzle was evil.

Heh, I more or less “accidentally” solved that one. “Hey, that thing does something! Let’s try everything I have with it, just to see what happens!” Grin

Basic adventure gaming, imo. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ok, I’ve fallen behind (so what else is new?) but I’m in the middle of Josie’s story (just lifted the tree), so I feel I could catch up with you guys in the next week.

I’d want to read all of your comments about this part of the game, but as for now, here’re some impressions - the (quality) humor didn’t end with Pyotr’s story - I forgot to take screenshots/quotes while in New York Frown (I’d have to replay that part), so here’re some of the best quotes from the Brazil part:

- when you try to read the hieroglyphs: “See, when your parents told you how important it was to take a second language, you laughed at them. Who’s laughing now?”

- when using the bamboo pole on people: “Nobody seems interested in the bamboo pole. Appearently public opinion of poles has plummeted.”

Also, anyone tried that “Play mist” option? Tongue:

This part might be more limited than Transylvania in terms of movement, but it doesn’t lack in the exploration department at all, with once-again locations rich in detail and hot-spots. Also, the scenery and always-welcomed mysterious pre-Columbian civilizations setting more than makes up for perhaps less locations than in the previous story. This view of the temple is one of the more beautiful scenes in the game so far:

And to confirm that “Callahan’s” is not all puns, here’s a nice, almost romantic description of the sky I’ve caught:

“Looking straight up, the sky is bright blue. But looking towards the horizon, the wet, swirling mist turns the sky opaque white.”

As for puzzles, I needed a hint for the parachute and perhaps in one-two more instances, but everything else “clicked” right in terms of the difficulty. It’s one of those games where you can often ask yourself: “Ok, what would be the idea to solve this in real life?”, and you’ll be pretty close to a puzzle solution. Oh, and it goes without saying that I’ve increased chocolate intake in all forms - chocolate tables, hot chocolate drinks… Tongue Now, I don’t want to finish Josie’s story. Frown

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2013-01-31

PM

<Draws deep breath> “GLOBBO! is a semi sentient quasi organic polymorphic playroom assassination device” - it is a boardgame published by Steve Jackson Games. It is the first game I ever computerized, and what I used to teach myself to program C++ in order to apply to Legend Entertainment for a job. I guess it worked. Smile

Here’s a link to the BoardGameGeek Website - pictures of the computerization (as well as my wife wearing a GLOBBO! shirt) can be seen here: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2195/globbo

Joined 2013-01-31

PM

And someone PLEASE go on and on about how funny the Guzman dialog is. And how hilarious the voice acting for it is. I’ve been impatiently waiting for that. This is by far my favorite part of the game, in part because it is the story I had the greatest hand in programming directly (since I was fixing things that were broken since this was so early in the development), but mostly because I think it is hilarious. So many memorable quotes from this part of the game that I’d like to list here, but I’m afraid to since I would probably misquote them since it has been a long time since I’ve played the game.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Guzman was such a tattletale.  I was happy to wack his fingers with my trusty bamboo pole. Grin

I did the same as Timo.  I tried everything with the whatchamacallit…hmmm…or was it the thingamajig?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2013-01-31

PM

Lady Kestrel - 10 March 2013 09:39 PM

Guzman was such a tattletale.  I was happy to wack his fingers with my trusty bamboo pole. Grin

I did the same as Timo.  I tried everything with the whatchamacallit…hmmm…or was it the thingamajig?

I always preferred the pushpin. Seemed more evil. “Hey, you’ve got strong fingers!”

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 10 March 2013 09:39 PM

Jim Montanus - 10 March 2013 10:27 PM

I always preferred the pushpin. Seemed more evil. “Hey, you’ve got strong fingers!”

I’m a straightforward guy. I like the pure simplicity of things. The wrench was my favourite option. “You do wear a parachute, do you?” “Yes!” *BANG*
Though the naval jelly was even more evil than the pushpin. His fingers slowly slipping away…

Sefir - 03 March 2013 10:04 AM

Guzman gives you his dissaproval of the possibility of a poll titled “Vote the perfect way to successfully throw someone off a plane. Gel or wrentch on the fingers? You choose!!”

Looks like the poll is on the way already… Tongue

Jim Montanus - 10 March 2013 10:27 PM

Of course you did. It was the most logical thing to do.

diego - 10 March 2013 08:47 PM

Ok, I’ve fallen behind (so what else is new?) but I’m in the middle of Josie’s story (just lifted the tree), so I feel I could catch up with you guys in the next week.

After TSB in CCS too?? You have still a week to finish Josie’s AND Squish’s stories to catch us. I do warn you, things are getting harder (without affecting the humour’s quality of course). No pressure here, but I will be dissapointed if you don’t catch up with the rest of us folks soon. Half the fun is playing this game together and read each player’s comments and point of view.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Guzman was both funny and creepy… I both loved and disliked him. I used the wrench, didn’t even know I could use other stuff.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

skeeter_93 - 11 March 2013 06:54 AM

Guzman was both funny and creepy…

^ This.

He’s the guy you love to hate. I absolutely adored the “bad English” threats and insults. I half expected him to say “now I will kill you until you die” at one point… Tongue

And I used the gel after I’d used the pushpin a few times. That’s where my mind went BEFORE I even considered a wrench or bamboo pole. Guess I’m just evil… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top