• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

skeeter_93 - 28 February 2013 04:33 AM
TimovieMan - 26 February 2013 04:02 PM

There was one Pyotr reference that I found (knocking on the boxes in the plane).

Heh, found that one too…

There is also another. Have you tried to use the pencil on the pretchel?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 28 February 2013 04:35 AM

Crud.
I no longer have a savegame to try this. My earliest save in Josie’s story was when I no longer had the pretzel, and my latest save in Pyotr’s story was when I was still trying to get ingredients for the anticursulant… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

skeeter_93 - 28 February 2013 04:33 AM
TimovieMan - 26 February 2013 04:02 PM

There was one Pyotr reference that I found (knocking on the boxes in the plane).

Heh, found that one too…

Hmmm…I didn’t try that. I’m going to play through the whole game again and just check out the “fun stuff to try” and other suggestions from this thread. So keep those suggestions coming!

For this playthrough, I just kind of want to explore on my own.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 28 February 2013 11:47 AM

Crud.
I no longer have a savegame to try this. My earliest save in Josie’s story was when I no longer had the pretzel, and my latest save in Pyotr’s story was when I was still trying to get ingredients for the anticursulant… Meh

Tsk,tsk,tsk…You should always keep a save in Callahan’s, just before each story starts, so that you can replay it anytime you want! (of course, Josie’s is available right at the beginning after the first contest. Wink )

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 01 March 2013 10:59 AM

Tsk,tsk,tsk…You should always keep a save in Callahan’s, just before each story starts, so that you can replay it anytime you want! (of course, Josie’s is available right at the beginning after the first contest. Wink )

Alright, you win, I rushed from a restart to that point, just for the reference… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2005-01-20

PM

That is EXTRAORDINARY dedication!

I can’t adequately expressed how gratifying it is to see this game played and *enjoyed* again. Let’s just say that it’s coming at precisely the right time. :-)

Josh

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Josho - 01 March 2013 11:34 AM

I can’t adequately expressed how gratifying it is to see this game played and *enjoyed* again. Let’s just say that it’s coming at precisely the right time. :-)

Josh

What can I say, it’s a great game! Thumbs Up
If things continue like they are, this’ll end up in my all-time top 10 for sure! It’s that stupundous! Crazy

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 01 March 2013 12:03 PM

It’s a great game! Thumbs Up
If things continue like they are, this’ll end up in my all-time top 10 for sure! It’s that stupundous! Crazy

They won’t. They will get even better. And CCS is ranked 7th in my All time Favorites Adventure Games list.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Josh

I agree…I am dumbfounded that I never played this before!

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Got to agree with everyone, this game is one of the funniest I’ve ever played!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Well, here we are, back and well from our small trip to the temple of Quatlechocoholic in Brazil. We learned a lot of things along the way, such as the fact that pretzels in NY need more salt, how to make the perfect chocolate and that Josh had some really troublesome Roald Dahl issues!! I can see that most of us managed to finish the story in time and enjoy their chocolate. Next on the list is Squish, the alien. What are you waiting for? Go help him (by talking to him and accepting his mission of course)! You won’t be alone of course, no. Someone else in Callahan’s will come with you too. IMHO, Squish’s story is perhaps the most difficult one and also provides us with possibly the game’s funniest moment. You will see. Just a small piece of advice. Before you leave, give anyone in Callahan’s a try of your brand new precious chocolate bar to hear their comments. You have until 17/3 to finish Squish’s story.

Until then, Guzman gives you his dissaproval of the possibility of a poll titled “Vote the perfect way to successfully throw someone off a plane. Gel or wrentch on the fingers? You choose!!”

Josie’s strory All Time Classic quote/moment

(When you try to give application to Sigmund Kiscolon)
Narrator: You show him the applications, and if he wanted to look any more annoyed, he’d need a Klingon forehead.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Josh

First, if you check the archives and the favorite games lists, I think CCS will be found in my top ten since… well, since forever.

As to Josh’s comment regarding this coming at the right time…I can only assume that it must be nice to lay back and watch your game being played in front of your eyes. A spot of relief from bringing three games to market.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played the game for nearly 6 hours today.  I finished Josie’s story and realized that there wasn’t a scrap of chocolate in the house, so to distract myself, I started Squish’s tale.  It ruined my appetite for chocolate and dinner, so I played it straight through and just now finished.  What a hoot!  There was one quote especially from [spoiler]Star Trek: The Next Generation[/spoiler] that made me laugh out loud, but I won’t post it until others have discovered it.  Also, I love the unexpected but very clever ending to this one.  Thumbs Up

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

That was fast. Please, try to play in slower pace to enjoy the playthrough even more… (or replay the chapter again, trying to find out all the hotspots.)

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

For those who haven’t noticed, there is a nice interview with Josh on the home page.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top