• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

Wonderful interview! It’s always so interesting to read how you guys got into this business.

Started with Squish yesterday. Searching the suit was very funny.  Grin
I can only play this game bit by bit, otherwise I would die from laughing. Puns are soooo great!

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Love that picture! I finally finished Josie’s chapter, got stuck a couple of times in there. I loved Guzman, but he gave me the creeps big time!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The interview with Josh is an interesting read. Nice to see that a lot of the devs from the “golden age” still bump into one another at various different companies…

When reading about Josh’s early Sierra days, I had expected at least a remark about the “Do you want fries with that?” trite phrase from Larry 2, though. I mean, that’s the main thing I knew Josh’s name from back in the day, and it’s the reason why I found out about (and played) Freddy Pharkas in the first place… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Got a little bit behind at the end but finished the Josie storyline yesterday. It was fun but I’m more of a coffe person Smile and I was disappointed with not hearing any portuguese Tongue
Nice picross-style at the temple entrance, I like doing those. Got a bit stuck in the part where we had to smash the cocoa beans.

Now I’m having a problem, I was going to start the Squishy story but I kept talking to him and he got no options in the dialog to help. Tried every option and nothing triggered the beginning. Also Mike keeps telling me to help Pyotr and Josie. Is this a bug or I have to do something first? Should I reload a previous game?

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 07 March 2013 05:49 AM

Now I’m having a problem, I was going to start the Squishy story but I kept talking to him and he got no options in the dialog to help. Tried every option and nothing triggered the beginning.

That’s strange. Could it possibly be because you probably didn’t offer him your help right away but refused instead? (Shame on you!!) Perhaps you need to reload here. And accept to help him straight away in the dialog.

wilco - 07 March 2013 05:49 AM

Also Mike keeps telling me to help Pyotr and Josie. Is this a bug or I have to do something first? Should I reload a previous game?

It’s a bug, but don’t worry. It’s normal. Just ignore those dialog options.

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Forgot to say the temple entrance puzzle is my all time favourite kind of puzzle. I have books of them! Needless to say I did it 3 times. I was so stuck there for a while, because I thought I had to put an item on the pedestal. Somehow I missed the approach option.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 07 March 2013 06:00 AM

That’s strange. Could it possibly be because you probably didn’t offer him your help right away but refused instead? (Shame on you!!) Perhaps you need to reload here. And accept to help him straight away in the dialog.

Thanks. Reloading a previous game did the trick. No idea what happened, maybe I did refuse the help Frown

Just got to the satellite, had no idea what I was doing with the ship controls but the thing took off. That was probably the point Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 07 March 2013 11:53 AM

Just got to the satellite, had no idea what I was doing with the ship controls but the thing took off. That was probably the point Smile

Perhaps, but there are many more interesting quotes and options. For example, I always try to hit Callahan’s with a missile. Tongue

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Just finished Squish’s mission. Finished the entire thing in one 4-hour sitting - which is by far the fastest yet. Of course, after the initial control room, there were less descriptions in each room, so that may have helped a little. Smile
Didn’t fully grasp what I was doing all the time, though. Alien controls are… well, alien. Grin

Cool cutscenes near the end. Thumbs Up
Was paying so much attention that I forgot to take screenshots of them (and I saved far too little during this mission to be able to replay). Meh
And Noah’s testosterone overdose nearly gave me the giggles… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I am done with Squish’s mission as well. It was short and sweet, and I liked it as such. It’s funny how diverse the different chapters are - this one had an almost Myst-like feel to it what with the different alien gadgets and doodads to figure out.

A few things:

Did anyone else stumble upon the Easter Egg room on the satellite? I was pleasantly surprised (it was pleasant after I got over my shock that I’ve encountered a freak bug, at least) when I saw a Death Gate screenshot appear all of a sudden. Smile There are some from Mission Critical and Shannara as well.

There were also a couple of more hints about what happened with Jake’s family that shed a lot of light on it. Also: hey, there are new people in the bar!

I will call it an evening now but I will go through the chapter again tomorrow doing all the “fun things” from the strategy guide. Weee!

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

TerminusEst - 07 March 2013 11:00 PM

... - this one had an almost Myst-like feel to it what with the different alien gadgets and doodads to figure out.

I’m glad that you say this, because my first thought was: “Damn! This chapter is like Myst.”

I’ve not yet finished the chapter, but so far it’s the most difficult one for me. To figure out how to get to the different rooms, which room first, how to use the control etc.

Did anyone else stumble upon the Easter Egg room on the satellite?

Yes, I found the Death Gate room. So weird.  Grin

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I am very surprised that most people finished this story that fast. For me it was always the most difficult one, from the maintenance robot, to understanding the controls.

drunk - 08 March 2013 02:22 AM

I’ve not yet finished the chapter, but so far it’s the most difficult one for me.

Finally, a fellow, normal, human being.

Did anyone else stumble upon the Easter Egg room on the satellite?

Some of the story’s best moments are in that room….

TimovieMan - 07 March 2013 05:51 PM

And Noah’s testosterone overdose nearly gave me the giggles… Tongue

I personally consider Noah’s trasformation perhaps the funniest moment in AG history….

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Okay.  I’m going to go back to find that room.  Is it under Jake’s feet when he comes out of the decontamination hall?  I meant to look there, but forgot.

My favorite line comes when Jake is trying to communicate with the robot and imitating Capt. Picard:
“Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.”

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Did anyone else stumble upon the Easter Egg room on the satellite? I was pleasantly surprised (it was pleasant after I got over my shock that I’ve encountered a freak bug, at least) when I saw a Death Gate screenshot appear all of a sudden. Smile There are some from Mission Critical and Shannara as well.

I will call it an evening now but I will go through the chapter again tomorrow doing all the “fun things” from the strategy guide. Weee!

It sounds like you already did some of the “fun things” from the strategy guide… Wink
I too have visited the “game room”. Grin
My initial reaction was “Wait… what???” followed by “must take screenshots”... Tongue

drunk - 08 March 2013 02:22 AM

Yes, I found the Death Gate room. So weird.  Grin

Did you enter it multiple times???

Sefir - 08 March 2013 02:36 AM

Some of the story’s best moments are in that room….

Too bad I missed most of the references…
Not that I don’t know that they’re screens from other Legend games, but if the Death Gate / Shannara / Mission Critical / etc. references are specifically aimed at those who played those games, then those are the references that went over my head.
I liked the Idle Hans pun, though… Tongue

Lady Kestrel - 08 March 2013 10:02 AM

Okay.  I’m going to go back to find that room.  Is it under Jake’s feet when he comes out of the decontamination hall?  I meant to look there, but forgot.

Close, it’s the one above his head.
I nearly missed it, though. Sneaky use of zero-G. Grin

I hope everybody looked at that pile of books in the cockpit?

My favourite was:
“Tolkien? Never heard of the guy!” by Robert Eddings and David Jordan Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top