• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

WTH is up with those Toonstruck ads? So weird

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Those ads are great, Fien!  Thumbs Up  I love how many of them have nothing in common with the game Grin

Master of Dimensions one is cool, like a cheesy 80s sword & sorcery movie Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 14 February 2013 05:19 PM

I love how many of them have nothing in common with the game Grin

Then you love the Broken Sword ad.  Tongue

http://www.przygodoskop.pl/rzutokiem/11-11-18.htm

My Polish is a little rusty, so maybe it’s not a real teaser? If it is, you’ve got to admire the marketing department.

EDIT: It says “Surprising British teaser”.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

CoyoteAG - 14 February 2013 12:12 PM

So I just saw this thread last night and ordered the game on Amazon. It should be here by Monday. I haven’t read through this thread because I didn’t want to see any spoilers but I was curious if I’m too far behind to catch up and join in. I should be able to get some solid playing time in on Monday when it arrives.

Welcome to the playthrough. Don’t hesitate to have a look inside, since we all used spoiler tags when nesessary and the playthrough provides useful information (like in-game advice, technical guidelines for the installation and background stories from the creators). After all, you have to know the rules of this playthrough, the appointed timelines/chapter, existing patches, etc if you want to participate. We have almost finished our first story -Pyotr’s. Talk with Callahan after the contest to play it.

wilco - 14 February 2013 12:22 PM

Monday is the day to start the 2nd chapter (I think/hope it is Smile, correct if I’m wrong Sefir), so far we only played the first part - Pyotr’s story so I think you should catch up fast.

It is actually Sunday. And I have decided not to change the slow pace of the playthrough, so yes, it is easy for anyone left behind to catch up.

diego - 14 February 2013 05:19 PM

I love how many of them have nothing in common with the game Grin

I don’t. Misinforming clients about selling products (I am still trying to understand Riven’s)? This could be even considered illegal in some countries you know…
(of course if this is not a selling site, everything changes. But my Polish is a little rusty too..)

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 14 February 2013 10:33 PM

My Polish is a little rusty

Sefir - 15 February 2013 01:50 AM

my Polish is a little rusty too

If you can manage to say “Chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie”* in less than 1 minute your Polish is fine.
* meaning “a bug buzzes in the reeds”

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 15 February 2013 04:23 AM

If you can manage to say “Chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie”* in less than 1 minute your Polish is fine.

Are you sure that Polish people can manage to say that??? Gasp

You sure you don’t have a problem with the vowels on your keyboard??? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 15 February 2013 06:30 AM
zobraks - 15 February 2013 04:23 AM

Are you sure that Polish people can manage to say that??? Gasp

Of course. It sounds something like “Hshonshch bzhmee f tshchinye”.
Piece of cake.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Sefir - 15 February 2013 01:50 AM
CoyoteAG - 14 February 2013 12:12 PM

So I just saw this thread last night and ordered the game on Amazon. It should be here by Monday. I haven’t read through this thread because I didn’t want to see any spoilers but I was curious if I’m too far behind to catch up and join in. I should be able to get some solid playing time in on Monday when it arrives.

Welcome to the playthrough. Don’t hesitate to have a look inside, since we all used spoiler tags when nesessary and the playthrough provides useful information (like in-game advice, technical guidelines for the installation and background stories from the creators). After all, you have to know the rules of this playthrough, the appointed timelines/chapter, existing patches, etc if you want to participate. We have almost finished our first story -Pyotr’s. Talk with Callahan after the contest to play it.

Thanks for letting me know this so I can read through the thread and make sure that I know the rules. The version of the game that I bought is supposed to be set up for installation on Windows 7 (I guess it includes a DOSBox installer). I’m not sure if it has the patch already but I’ll make sure I get it. I’m very excited to play along!

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Sefir? You around? We are waiting for the all clear to start with the second storyline! It was Sunday, right? Come on! I am itching to play CCS. Grin

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok people!! It’s time to move on!! We had our time in Transylvania. And what a fine time we had!!! Our small adventure was a success and Pyotr is safely back with us at Callahan’s. Though his heart is far from healed, he is back to his usual gloomy levels. All these thanks to you!! You met many strange beings and places along the way and new experience was earned. Not to mention a brand new tattoo. And most importantly, all the word contests are now behind us!! Tongue But the night is still far from over. The next story is about Josie, the Time Cop. Also known as “The Chocolate story”. Yep, you guessed right. Speak with Josie to start it. Piece of advice. Play this chapter with a chocolate bar on your side. Chocolate is a true friend and its time you will learn its true value (if you didn’t already that is). We are expecting a story concept from Josh (as promised) and some images from Jim (as also promised) as a player’s reward for our success with Pyotr. The playthrough’s sluggish pace will not change. You have until 3/3 to finish the chocolate story.

Until then, the old gypsy woman curses your hand with non-stoppable clicking to everything you meet.

Pyotr’s strory All Time Classic quote/moment:
Jake: There isn’t any way I can get you to open at all, is there?
Door: That’s right.
Jake: I was beginning to suspect as much. Thanks anyway.
Door: ‘Salright.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

This is so good! Heart Eyes Pyotr’s chapter was funny but Josie’s is HILARIOUS! I’m an old cynic when it comes to comedy and it’s hard to even make me smile genuinely but I’ve caught myself laughing out loud several times already. Just now, Guzman, the pilot, had me in stitches. Grin

Maybe modern life provides a much richer vein for humor than the narrow world of horror conventions and cliches? Whatever the reason, I am loving it! Thumbs Up Heart

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

I’ve not yet finished Pyotr’s chapter, but I’m still with you.
It’s too much fun to click on everything so that I make hardly any progress in the game. Smile

Hope I can catch up on you this week.

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Well, I know we are moving on but I got my game early (on Saturday) and was able to spend time on Sunday playing catchup and I just wanted to share some thoughts on the riddles and Pyotr’s story before we move on.

For the first riddle, I actually solved #9 first which confused the crap out of me because The Partridge Family was a TV show so I was thinking that TV shows was the theme. It took me a while but I finally worked out #7 was Led Zeppelin so I figured out what I was doing wrong. Then most of the rest flowed pretty quickly. I really only got stuck on #10. I figured out that the second clue was ores so I just started using synonyms for thud with an “ers” ending. The game actually accepted “Pounders”  as an answer (is that a band?) I didn’t realize it was supposed to be The Doors until I came here!

I had a great time playing in Transylvania. The puns are fantastic and groan inducing the way that good puns should be. I laughed out loud when the old gypsy woman said “It was nothing like I thought it would be” about the book Slaughterhouse 5. She cracked me up.

I think the puzzles were really clever (loved the one about how to get the local currency) but I was always able to figure them out which is nice. The only time I got really stuck was when I had to fix the jukebox in Casimir’s. For whatever reason I was unable to connect this task with the dumb waiter even though I had put random things in the dumb waiter previously. Just me having a brain fart I guess. I admit that I consulted a walk through for this but only because I wanted to move along to catch up. Now that I am on pace with you all again, I won’t use one. I also feel like I rushed through Pyotr’s quest a bit to try to finish. I plan to go back to take my time and find things I missed, like going back through things with Pyotr.

I also got the wax lips bug that others mentioned but I recognized it immediately as a bug and loaded up a recent save to get around it so that was fine.

As for the second riddle, I got #2 Lon Chaney Jr. pretty quickly so I knew the theme and was able to do a google search to figure out the rest. I never realized that I could get clues around the bar. I know not everyone likes these but I am sad to hear this was the last riddle quiz. I quite enjoy them! I know that Doc has more at Callahan’s so I will check those out.

Looking forward to a more relaxed play through of the rest of the quests with you all! On to Josie!

HandsFree - 10 February 2013 06:30 AM

I’m afraid I’m missing out on a lot of puns. Unless there’s a kaboom-tjing I probably don’t even realize it’s a pun.
One that was announced clearly:
Phil. O. thigdury, The Acne of Da Fleet. Can anyone explain?

I don’t think anyone responded to this so I will jump in. There is a saying Thrill of victory, agony of defeat   It took me a couple of times saying it to make that connection!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

CoyoteAG - 18 February 2013 11:47 AM

For the first riddle, I actually solved #9 first which confused the crap out of me because The Partridge Family was a TV show so I was thinking that TV shows was the theme. It took me a while but I finally worked out #7 was Led Zeppelin so I figured out what I was doing wrong. Then most of the rest flowed pretty quickly. I really only got stuck on #10. I figured out that the second clue was ores so I just started using synonyms for thud with an “ers” ending. The game actually accepted “Pounders”  as an answer (is that a band?) I didn’t realize it was supposed to be The Doors until I came here!

That’s exactly what happened to me, there I was trying to connect tv shows to everything for a long time.

Can’t wait to get back into the game probably later this week.

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

wilco - 18 February 2013 12:11 PM

That’s exactly what happened to me, there I was trying to connect tv shows to everything for a long time.

Ha—glad I wasn’t the only one!

So I have started Josie’s quest. I just started roaming around in the jungle in Brazil. It seems like there is a lot to do there so I decided to take a break and pick it back up later in the week.

I am really trying to take my time with this one and click on everything. A couple of thoughts so far…

1. This story is really funny. I found my favorite pun so far at the street vendor. Clicking on one of the signs eventually gets you to the exchange about going off on a “sign co-sign tangent”. As a math geek, this one really tickled me. I also had great fun just clicking on all the variations of things you can buy.

2. I found it very eerie when you ask the street vendor about the mug with the Statue of Liberty and he says that they had one with the Twin Towers but they kept falling over.

3. I’m having a lot of fun with Josie. She is a great pun partner.

Looking forward to playing more later!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top