• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

Total Posts: 4256

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Jim Montanus - 11 February 2013 12:47 AM

I would love to redo the game with 24/32 bit color to restore the game art back to its orginal quality.

That would be magnificent, but I’m afraid it would also be to no avail (saleswise): I believe people today seldom play adventure games and those who do prefer the shallow and easy games, specially the (dead serious) ones in which you have to save the whole humanity (who in his right mind would want to save the (whole) humanity as it is, I ask you). Most people of nowadays (I reckon) just don’t appreciate games in which you have to save a single person (is Vampire a person?) and laugh your a$$ off while doing that.

Sefir - 11 February 2013 02:24 AM
zobraks - 10 February 2013 05:55 PM

I made 542 (yes, five-hundred-forty-two!) screenshots (must say DOSBox is great for taking screenshots)

Don’t forget to sent them to Jack!! Smile

Who’s Jack?

Calm down a bit…there are another 5 chapters to go…

Don’t worry, I won’t rush on, I have a lot of things to do before the next chapter starts. I intend to replay the Pyotr’s story at leisure and really try everything with everything this time. This game is FUN (haven’t had so much fun since I last played Sam & Max Hit the Road).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2990

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 11 February 2013 03:51 AM
zobraks - 10 February 2013 05:55 PM

I made 542 (yes, five-hundred-forty-two!) screenshots (must say DOSBox is great for taking screenshots)

Don’t forget to sent them to Jack!! Smile

Who’s Jack?

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/747/

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Who’s Jack?

...al?

This game is FUN (haven’t had so much fun since I last played Sam & Max Hit the Road).

What did I tell you. Aren’t you glad we forced you to play it.  Sarcastic

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I remember that the first time I played the game, I tried some kind of interaction between two items (I don’t remember which items, though I am almost certain it was in Pyotr’s castle) just for the laughs, and I received this kind of message from the narrator. (possible pun spoiler)
“Why would someone possibly try like this? Are you in some kind of childhood trauma? Did you know that Legend’s experienced psychologists notes all your game actions and analyzes it into a psychological profile in a file named SYCOBABL.TXT in the game folder?” or something like that (it’s been more than 10 years…). I didn’t meet it this time, though I tried everything. Did anyone else find it?

I got this message Smile
It was when in Pyotr’s castle I tried to get into a closet that is there in a corner
So funny Grin

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Who’s Jack?

Sefir - 11 February 2013 04:08 AM

*some link*

Fien - 11 February 2013 04:09 AM

...al?

I believe it’s Jekyll, not Jack-al.

Fien - 11 February 2013 04:09 AM

This game is FUN (haven’t had so much fun since I last played Sam & Max Hit the Road).

Aren’t you glad we forced you to play it.  Sarcastic

I always turn out to be glad when people force me to do playthroughs. Should work on more of those, I suppose.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

wilco - 11 February 2013 04:29 AM

I got this message Smile
It was when in Pyotr’s castle I tried to get into a closet that is there in a corner
So funny Grin

Why don’t you go find that file among the game files, and tell us what Legend’s experienced psychologist has to say about you, Wilco? You too, Sefir! Well, everybody actually.  Naughty  Cool

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 11 February 2013 04:38 AM

Why don’t you go find that file among the game files, and tell us what Legend’s experienced psychologist has to say about you, Wilco? You too, Sefir! Well, everybody actually.  Naughty  Cool

I knew all that before (specially that I’m really, really, really, really gullible).
P.S. I kept taking my medication, as suggested. See how gullible I am?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It didn’t even cross my mind to go check the files Pan
Does it mean I’m not really, really gullible or just not very perceptive, anyway the report is wrong, except for the computer part Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 10 February 2013 06:12 PM

“Callahan’s” is really a “Pulp Fiction” of the genre, but you need to sit during the restaurant shooting to know it Laughing

It took me a while to understand what you’re talking about, but now that I slept over your post and got it (yeah, I’m slow) I must say I don’t quite agree with you. I agree that CCS is as much FUN and a work of geniuses as PF, but, unlike Word puzzle in CSS, Diner scene in PF (with a hilarious pair of Pumpkin & Honey Bunny; I often amuse my family by imitating Honey Bunny, “Any of you fucking pricks move, and I’ll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!” - in my most shrieking voice ) is a sheer delight (to me, of course).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I remember that the first time I played the game, I tried some kind of interaction between two items (I don’t remember which items, though I am almost certain it was in Pyotr’s castle) just for the laughs, and I received this kind of message from the narrator. (possible pun spoiler)
“Why would someone possibly try like this? Are you in some kind of childhood trauma? Did you know that Legend’s experienced psychologists notes all your game actions and analyzes it into a psychological profile in a file named SYCOBABL.TXT in the game folder?” or something like that (it’s been more than 10 years…). I didn’t meet it this time, though I tried everything. Did anyone else find it?

I got it! I wasn’t going to check the file, but after everything going on in the game I did, and it was really there! So funny…

I like this one, it’s so me - You are operating a computer without a complete understanding of what you’re doing.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

skeeter_93 - 11 February 2013 05:53 AM

it’s so me - You are operating a computer without a complete understanding of what you’re doing.

Says the girl who flawlessly executed the CSS DOSBox install routine. What am I supposed to say?
That I’m a lazy bastard? Ok, Ok, you got it.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

LOL, I got the Sycobabl.txt line, too, so I immediately checked if the file was actually there or not.

Great laughs are had all round in this game. I’m loving every minute of it. And I’m spending a LOT of minutes in it, looking and clicking at everything, often multiple times. Grin

On the other hand, I’m not making that much progress because of it, I still haven’t got into Casimir’s yet…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

My sycobabl file has the same timestamp as all the other files (the date of installing the game). And then it says I’m gullible. Pff!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 11 February 2013 05:46 AM

I must say I don’t quite agree with you.

I know, it should have been “restaurant shooting” - I seem to have problem of using the quotation mark at the right time lately Shifty Eyed meaning - you really need to sit through the opening couple of minutes and “survive” the quiz to get the things going. For you, the “restaurant shooting” might be more fun than the quiz (it really is one of my fav movie scenes as well), but for some others it might be the opposite. Perhaps someone abandoned PF thinking the whole movie is about crazy violent characters using profane language (oh, wait, but it is Mini Frown)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

zobraks - 11 February 2013 06:00 AM
skeeter_93 - 11 February 2013 05:53 AM

it’s so me - You are operating a computer without a complete understanding of what you’re doing.

Says the girl who flawlessly executed the CSS DOSBox install routine. What am I supposed to say?
That I’m a lazy bastard? Ok, Ok, you got it.

Flawlessly? Hardly… It took me quite a bit of messing about. Can’t wait for the next chapter - I am hoping to find a different Callhans saloon in each place!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top