• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLady KestrelSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 26 October 2017 12:39 AM

Was about to hit Wolf2 preorder and preload and this popped up, now divided
Wtf should i do?

Meanwhile FF12 remaster sells millions, well deserved

Are you not sure because you do not like collecting stuff in games? Most of these are optional I am guessing.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 26 October 2017 02:46 AM

Are you not sure because you do not like collecting stuff in games? Most of these are optional I am guessing.

Not sure because 6hr gameplay length
Now Wolf1 was 15 hrs and Oldblood around 6
Hopefully some other reviewers can cover that soon before launch because i dont want to miss pre order extra missions bonus

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Easyallies 3.5
ACG sale
Gamespot 7

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/assassins-creed-origins

Will wait for sale then
Was checking streams and they really dropped the ball on story and characters

Edit

So 15 hr confirmed for Wolf2, preordering now

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus

MC already killin it

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 26 October 2017 08:25 AM

Easyallies 3.5
ACG sale
Gamespot 7

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/assassins-creed-origins

Will wait for sale then
Was checking streams and they really dropped the ball on story and characters

Almost got me worried but also has lots of good reviews for it besides those.

Wolf2 not disappointing is great. Mario will probably also get very good reviews after seeing the Edge perfect score.
What a Friday for game releases!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 26 October 2017 08:54 AM

Almost got me worried but also has lots of good reviews for it besides those

Nothing will stop you anyway Tongue

Mario will probably also get very good reviews after seeing the Edge perfect score.

Good reviews is an understatement Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 26 October 2017 09:32 AM

That’s true Smile, but at least it doesn’t seem like a technical mess like Unity

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 26 October 2017 04:32 AM
SoccerDude28 - 26 October 2017 02:46 AM

Not sure because 6hr gameplay length
Now Wolf1 was 15 hrs and Oldblood around 6
Hopefully some other reviewers can cover that soon before launch because i dont want to miss pre order extra missions bonus

Oh I thought you were referring to the collectibles. I didn’t see the 6 hr gameplay since the image cut off on the ipad. Yeah that definitely falls into the Oldblood range, but the player might just be speed running through the game. I would wait for the review. Is there something worth it in the pre-order version?

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Regarding Mario reviews…

It’s a Nintendo game. Did anyone really think they’d get less then “amazing” from a media that mostly grew up playing Nintendo games?

Remember how Twilight Princess got great scores? Skyward Sword, MK8 despite being heavily flawed, all those copy and paste New Super Mario games, Splatoon even with it’s lack of content on release, BOTW despite only doing things other RPG’s have been doing since 08?

The only Nintendo game to really flop was Starfox Zero and that’s because of the silly controls and after throwing the IP around studios like a dog toy.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 26 October 2017 12:14 PM

That’s true Smile, but at least it doesn’t seem like a technical mess like Unity

Awesome yet another must play in the ever growing back catalogue of games.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 26 October 2017 12:29 PM

I would wait for the review. Is there something worth it in the pre-order version?

Confirmed from reviews its around 15 to 17hr range on normal and some open ended sections
So i caved in, plus my last AAA purchase of this year at full price, more like supporting singleplayer mature AAA games

Preorder has extra mission with 3 different Protagonists called Episode 0
No idea what that entails

I would wait for the review

You can check ACG review, he says its a Buy but i would suggest avoiding any media because of spoilers, game has some shocking stuff you want to avoid for your experience

SG59 - 26 October 2017 12:44 PM

Remember how Twilight Princess got great scores? Skyward Sword, MK8 despite being heavily flawed, all those copy and paste New Super Mario games, BOTW despite only doing things other RPG’s have been doing since 08?

Glad to have another poster who thinks like me on this matter Smile
You forgot Pokemon and Kirby Wink

The only Nintendo game to really flop was Starfox Zero and that’s because of the silly controls and after throwing the IP around studios like a dog toy.

Maybe because Starfox had weak nostalgia bait or followers than say other characters

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Pokèmon and Kirby has hit that too for sure.

I’m not saying they’re bad games at all, but they’re nothing worth going as mad as the industry does. Most of the time they feel very much like a paint by numbers in design.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

SG59 - 26 October 2017 03:28 PM

I’m not saying they’re bad games at all, but they’re nothing worth going as mad as the industry does. Most of the time they feel very much like a paint by numbers in design.

Ironically as much as they are paint by numbers these are games that remind us again why we got into videogames in the first place. No convoluted story, a wide cast of characters necessary to keep track of, complex game mechanics etc. Just pure fun gameplay.
Amidst the wide array of the same @*#& over and over again nowadays this game can actually feel fresh.

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Origami - 26 October 2017 04:21 PM
SG59 - 26 October 2017 03:28 PM

Ironically as much as they are paint by numbers these are games that remind us again why we got into videogames in the first place. No convoluted story, a wide cast of characters necessary to keep track of, complex game mechanics etc. Just pure fun gameplay.
Amidst the wide array of the same @*#& over and over again nowadays this game can actually feel fresh.

If you ignore the triple A games, you’ll find far more creative stuff going on in all forms. Story, creative, challenging and so on. I didn’t really get into games for purely gameplay, so that’s not enough for me. I need a reason to push forward and get lost in a games world.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SG59 - 26 October 2017 05:12 PM

I need a reason to push forward and get lost in a games world

Beautifully said

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

SG59 - 26 October 2017 05:12 PM

I need a reason to push forward and get lost in a games world.

If you want to get lost in a games world story heavy games are not the way to go. Since they always tell you where or what to do next. Breath of the Wild is a fine example of getting lost in a world, finding your way through exploration and experimentation.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top