• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 07 October 2017 08:46 AM

Maybe wilco can shed some light on that Laughing

i think its first time they are introducing random gear and weapon loot like Diablo or Nioh
Previous Creeds didnt have weapon and armor leveling like RPGs crucial for gameplay like any other RPG iirc

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 October 2017 09:51 AM
SoccerDude28 - 07 October 2017 08:46 AM

Maybe wilco can shed some light on that Laughing

i think its first time they are introducing random gear and weapon loot like Diablo or Nioh
Previous Creeds didnt have weapon and armor leveling like RPGs crucial for gameplay like any other RPG iirc

That’s it, the series has micro transactions for some time but not loot boxes, the player could buy some stuff the evolve the character and get weapons, perks, armor faster however the game never suffered because of it since it was not intrusive or balanced around it. You could easily never touch it and the game were easy alteready even without them.

This game will have a lot more gear and random drops, let’s see how it is balanced. The boxes seem to be bought with in-game currency, maybe real money will be added later. As long as the game is balanced (unlike Shadow of War or Battlefront 2) they don’t seem to be intrusive.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

I find the mentality for this weird. I can see why publishers want more money as these big games aren’t cheap to develop, but surely they’re aware this approach just hinders the game?

Seems to me cutting back would be a better option for the team and allows the game to be played without these ads unbalancing the game. The tech might be there, but clearly the return in investment isn’t - a problem we’ve seen since the early 00s.

Micro transactions or loot boxes, they can change the names to what they want, it all means the same thing in the end; more money for a little extra content. Though, I would add loot boxes could see some of them landing into trouble with goverments as it’s a form of gambling.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SG59 - 08 October 2017 03:58 AM

Micro transactions or loot boxes, they can change the names to what they want, it all means the same thing in the end; more money for a little extra content. Though, I would add loot boxes could see some of them landing into trouble with goverments as it’s a form of gambling.

Issue is far more concerning when young gamers who cannot make informed decisions can fall for this trap
It means exhausting their Parents Credit card also developing a taste of it
As you said the underlying emotion is that of gambling and now cheat codes and random rewards are being sold as real world items

I am not totally against micro transactions as its worth can be relative
But these recent examples are setting a bad precedent and gonna spoil future games, because any company that will see it as bonus will jump in and try to copy

What i found more worse it that Mordor2 did nothing to improve bad combat and animations
But lots of brain power went into linking loot mechanic into core of game

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

For me loot boxes are fine as long that they do not affect gameplay negatively or unbalance a game. Like the boxes in Overwatch are all cosmetic, and they don’t have any impact on gameplay. If the amount of grinding increases, or the balance is thrown off because of them, than the dev is really abusing them and messing up their game. I have lost all interest in Shadow of War and I really hope Ass Creed doesn’t follow their footsteps because I was really looking forward to getting back into the franchise.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Having issues with SFv too, Fightmoney is hard to earn, and they have super steep prices on stages, 70k FM
Daily grind activities like online matches and stuff give you 5k
So you do the math

This pisses me off when grind reward itself is too low

This is why i was able to enjoy Inj2 grind even though it was giving me armors of characters i had no interest in
You can assign AIs to fight for you

I can use transactions in Souls games too, just pay to get some weapons already available through exploration or killing bosses but it will create havoc in community

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

How does preload works?
Read some stuff that pissed me, Xb1 and PC had Evilwithin2 preload 6 days earlier
And PS4 ver 2 days b4 release
But now that i have pre ordered digitally its showing 2 days times??

Here is the piece

Preloads for the Xbox One and PC have already gone up last Friday, on October 6th. PlayStation 4 owners won’t have to wait much longer for their preloads, which will start on Wednesday, October 11th.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 10 October 2017 08:41 PM

How does preload works?
Read some stuff that pissed me, Xb1 and PC had Evilwithin2 preload 6 days earlier

Here is the piece

Preloads for the Xbox One and PC have already gone up last Friday, on October 6th. PlayStation 4 owners won’t have to wait much longer for their preloads, which will start on Wednesday, October 11th.

I remember one time before pre ordering grim fandango on PS4 and at one point, there was some PSN problems that prevented me playing the game. Ever since, I never pre order games from them. Between this and disk corruptions on PS4/Vita, Sony really needs to get their shit together with their OS software.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 October 2017 08:41 PM

How does preload works?

Here is the piece

I’ve pre-ordered a few times. Look for Evil Within 2 in the game library there is a place to set it up to download as soon as available or if already available to start the pre-load. If not, the game store page.
I think the 2 days is how long to be available. Should me at midnight, that’s when it usually unlocks to play.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 October 2017 08:15 AM

Look for Evil Within 2 in the game library there is a place to set it up to download as soon as available or if already available to start the pre-load

Thanks it worked
Library was still showing 1 and 10 hrs left, i clicked it , it showed me that XMB game drop down page and download option
Preloading is a puzzle Meh

Edit

Launch trailer

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Swery had a meltdown on twitter then finally announced to revive the funding with KS in fall

So says Mr Stewart

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Evilwithin2 is Arkane+SHill+Re4+Tlou
Survival horror wet dream
5hrs in and still at chap 3

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 12 October 2017 09:25 PM

Swery had a meltdown on twitter then finally announced to revive the funding with KS in fall

So says Mr Stewart

Seems like he has publishing partners and a physical version with LimitedRun Games. Goal is going to be smaller. Hopefully doable this time.

Only at chapter 2 on EW2 but can totally see tha RE+SilentHill. That first monster scare…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

IGN has bought Humble Bundle

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/13/16473542/ign-buys-humble-bundle

IGN says

“Editorial integrity is something we take very seriously at IGN, and I am confident that we will strike the right balance when it comes to our coverage of Humble Bundle and the games they sell. Our readers and customers have always come first — and that won’t change.”

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 14 October 2017 04:02 AM

IGN has bought Humble Bundle

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/13/16473542/ign-buys-humble-bundle

IGN says

“Editorial integrity is something we take very seriously at IGN, and I am confident that we will strike the right balance when it comes to our coverage of Humble Bundle and the games they sell. Our readers and customers have always come first — and that won’t change.”

Weird pairing, really hope they don’t mess with the store much

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top