• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SG59 - 01 November 2017 02:32 PM

With Xbox One X on the way, I wonder what Sony will do next. It seems way too early for another console. I’m kind of tired of these mini upgrades too. Might stick to PC if they continue.

My hot take is PS5 in Fall 2019/Spring 2020 and no new upgrade until then. Don’t need to fear XBX since it can’t succeed without any exclusives and the upgrades over the Pro have not been much in most cases. Power doesn’t really matter without the games to back and Sony line-up for 2018 is already excellent.
Switch will continue to sell like hotcakes but Sony can’t do much to compete with that unless they also release a hybrid.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I think GG next game and Tlou2, Dstranding definitive versions will be at launch of PS5 as well as Bethesda RPGs they are brewing, that will be enough to move units at launch
Ps4 is around 70 million, by 2018 end it will cross 100 ps2 mark easily

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

wilco - 01 November 2017 05:30 PM
SG59 - 01 November 2017 02:32 PM

With Xbox One X on the way, I wonder what Sony will do next. It seems way too early for another console. I’m kind of tired of these mini upgrades too. Might stick to PC if they continue.

My hot take is PS5 in Fall 2019/Spring 2020 and no new upgrade until then. Don’t need to fear XBX since it can’t succeed without any exclusives and the upgrades over the Pro have not been much in most cases. Power doesn’t really matter without the games to back and Sony line-up for 2018 is already excellent.
Switch will continue to sell like hotcakes but Sony can’t do much to compete with that unless they also release a hybrid.

I do find it odd that MS are pushing XBX without much content other then upgrades to already made games. They seem very content on just releasing Forza, a shooter and the odd other title every few years. The lack of studios underneath them is starting to hurt I think and I suspect it won’t be long till they close Rare down too - I can see Sony closing Media Molecule too mind.

MM seem to be working on a game that will never be finished, why Rare have a decent size team, but with very little output - That is due to MS being MS I hear mind.

Still, even if you don’t like it, at least Sony are putting out a decent amount of titles from the big games to even small titles. They all add up and create something with more weight to the Playstation name.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 31 October 2017 07:50 PM
SG59 - 31 October 2017 05:14 PM

Concrete Genie looked good

Yes this game was like TimSchafers dream game he never made
Neat idea and looks beautiful

SoTC has my interest too, but I need to see how it runs.

Check this Extended demo gameplay

Looks and runs phenomenally , remake this game forever Smile
Also game has 60fps support on Pro
Its also on the showfloor

Funny its 3 months away , my best game ever getting a remake like this
However i dont have any issue with the remake except Wanderer hair and face, i hope they get cutscenes right too where there are closeups on face

One aspect of Shadow of The Colossus that was rough besides the framerate was the controls especially when you are boarding the titans and they start shaking. Do you know if they made any gameplay changes to tighten up the controls, besides the gorgeous facelift?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

SG59 - 02 November 2017 03:14 AM

I do find it odd that MS are pushing XBX without much content other then upgrades to already made games. They seem very content on just releasing Forza, a shooter and the odd other title every few years. The lack of studios underneath them is starting to hurt I think and I suspect it won’t be long till they close Rare down too - I can see Sony closing Media Molecule too mind.

MS are trying to catch up to Sony somehow, and since like you mentioned they have few first party teams left making games for their consoles, they are trying to do it with the hardware. It is a hard sell though to publishers to support this thing.
Games are way too expensive to make these days, and for third parties to make a game optimized for the platform with the smaller install base makes no sense.

One thing that I love about the XBOX but that I think has really hurt them is the play everywhere mentality. It is great for gamers to buy a game for XBOX and be able to play it on the PC, but on the flip side, that makes the console less useful especially with someone who games on a PC as well. Why do I need to buy an XBOX anymore if all its games are available in higher fidelity on my beefy PC?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

New enemy, Scorcher breakdown

SoccerDude28 - 02 November 2017 08:44 AM

One aspect of Shadow of The Colossus that was rough besides the framerate was the controls especially when you are boarding the titans and they start shaking. Do you know if they made any gameplay changes to tighten up the controls, besides the gorgeous facelift?

No idea until i get my hands on it, only showfloor footage to go by

It feels far more streamlined but you can only do so much to collision system because you have to keep the jumps human, he cant act like parkour machine like asscreed or Uncharted or cartoon platformer mario, that will flame gamers

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I want them themes so sexyyyy, yes i will pay for this

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

^

Nice. Will probably get it if it’s available on EU PS store.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Excerpt from Xbox one X reviews shows PGW did its work

Sony really has some impressive exclusives on the way, and it’s hard for Microsoft to counter this despite its great job on the hardware. Microsoft promised the best hardware, and it delivered — but that’s nothing without games

The lack of Xbox One X enhanced games at launch mirrors the lack of compelling games on the Xbox One as a whole.
But there are so few games on the Xbox One I actually want to play. Sony’s recent press conference in Paris had its problems, but the ambition and quality of the games it showcased was never in doubt. The Last of Us 2, Spider-Man, God of War, Detroit: Become Human — these are games that sell systems. As good as Forza 7 is, the Xbox One doesn’t yet have a single exclusive killer app, let alone enough to fill a press conference.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-11-03-call-of-duty-ww2-has-a-mission-to-watch-people-open-loot-boxes

Me as a kid: I wonder how amazing games will be in the future.

Now: we went wrong, horribly wrong I tell you!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 03 November 2017 09:56 AM

Excerpt from Xbox one X reviews shows PGW did its work

Sony really has some impressive exclusives on the way, and it’s hard for Microsoft to counter this despite its great job on the hardware. Microsoft promised the best hardware, and it delivered — but that’s nothing without games

The lack of Xbox One X enhanced games at launch mirrors the lack of compelling games on the Xbox One as a whole.
But there are so few games on the Xbox One I actually want to play. Sony’s recent press conference in Paris had its problems, but the ambition and quality of the games it showcased was never in doubt. The Last of Us 2, Spider-Man, God of War, Detroit: Become Human — these are games that sell systems. As good as Forza 7 is, the Xbox One doesn’t yet have a single exclusive killer app, let alone enough to fill a press conference.

You are saying Super Lucky’s Tale is not a system seller?!?!? Smile
$500!!!

SG59 - 03 November 2017 12:30 PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-11-03-call-of-duty-ww2-has-a-mission-to-watch-people-open-loot-boxes

Me as a kid: I wonder how amazing games will be in the future.

Now: we went wrong, horribly wrong I tell you!

Lol, humanity has failed.
Twitch streamers will react to watching people open loot boxes inside Cod…

Rumor Rocksteady is working in a Superman game that will be announced on next Game Informer.
Probably very hard to make a Superman game good but I’m interested

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Blizzcon started

Overwatch new map - Blizzard World

New hero - Moira

World of Warcraft Classic servers

And new Wow expansion - Battle for Azeroth

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

That was patented controversial loot stuff by Activision
Talking about AB, blizzcon is on air, Moira announced for OWatch

Superman game indeed is tough to make, it will be over powered shit like Saints row

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Retailer leaked gow date is May
Better than march date then announcing delay to march
Put Detroit in march/april slot

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 03 November 2017 02:09 PM

You are saying Super Lucky’s Tale is not a system seller?!?!? Smile
$500