• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

More layoffs. Telltale this time: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-11-07-telltale-games-restructures-cuts-90-staff

Some signs point to them using Unity now too.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

SG59 - 07 November 2017 02:46 PM

More layoffs. Telltale this time: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-11-07-telltale-games-restructures-cuts-90-staff

Not really surprised. They have gotten really stagnant, and their formula is starting to wear thin.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 07 November 2017 04:07 PM

Not really surprised. They have gotten really stagnant, and their formula is starting to wear thin.

Yes, too many games released and without many improvements. Hope it doesn’t affect Wolf Among Us S2.
They grew to 400 employees, that’s a lot, wonder how many they were around Bone, Sam and Max S1.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457495

Blands3 makes sense dont know where the Bioshock speculation is coming from
However Levine is making his game, that could be new game under Bioshock brand

Edit

Xeno2 direct blowout

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

wilco - 07 November 2017 04:18 PM
SoccerDude28 - 07 November 2017 04:07 PM

Yes, too many games released and without many improvements. Hope it doesn’t affect Wolf Among Us S2.
They grew to 400 employees, that’s a lot, wonder how many they were around Bone, Sam and Max S1.

I kinda thought they’d evolve into something like Life is Strange in gameplay after a while, but it seems they’re quite happy with the more story driven theme.

One of the CEO’s is apparently part of Unity too, so I’m guessing they’ll just keep making story games like TWD using Unity.

For what they want, Unity should be fine really.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

In a recent press release, the studio announced that the World War II-themed shooter made more than $500 million in just three days. That puts it just shy of the Black Ops III release, which managed $550 million in its opening weekend. Regardless of the series not breaking its own record, it’s an incredibly positive result for Activision, as the company also announced that the game is the best-selling digital full game download on the PS4 in its first day

They covered whole Bungie 10 yrs deal in 3 days with CoDww2 Smile

I played some Nazi walkers coop with friends its fun
Campaign looks to be better than Wolf2 too
I hope they drop futuristic shit for a while

Meanwhile PUBG crosses 20 million

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 November 2017 08:01 PM

Edit

Xeno2 direct blowout

It’s good it made this year I have to wonder why not release in a less crowded space like the beginning of next year, not like Switch has a lack of games for this holiday. Seems sent to die.

SG59 - 08 November 2017 01:12 PM

I kinda thought they’d evolve into something like Life is Strange in gameplay after a while, but it seems they’re quite happy with the more story driven theme.

One of the CEO’s is apparently part of Unity too, so I’m guessing they’ll just keep making story games like TWD using Unity.

For what they want, Unity should be fine really.

Maybe they will evolve now with the less good sales of the last games. Not so sure about Unity, not really stable with porting to everything like Telltale usually does although I think the last version was better.

nomadsoul - 08 November 2017 02:32 PM

Main reason seems to be it took off in China.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

In a recent press release, the studio announced that the World War II-themed shooter made more than $500 million in just three days. That puts it just shy of the Black Ops III release, which managed $550 million in its opening weekend. Regardless of the series not breaking its own record, it’s an incredibly positive result for Activision, as the company also announced that the game is the best-selling digital full game download on the PS4 in its first day

They covered whole Bungie 10 yrs deal in 3 days with CoDww2 Smile

I played some Nazi walkers coop with friends its fun
Campaign looks to be better than Wolf2 too

Not from what I saw in the reviews. It is getting some panning on Steam. But then again, PC gamers are always shafted by AAA.

As much as I hate it, Gaas is here to stay Pan  COD, PUBG, and I was shocked that Rainbow Six Siege, the disaster of a launch is Ubi’s top earner now. Not to mention overwatch, hearthstone, LOL, and the list just keeps going.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This destroys all of Blizzcon17, i hope it turns out be real gameplay, this is what i expect from next Diablo

SoccerDude28 - 08 November 2017 04:16 PM

Not from what I saw in the reviews. It is getting some panning on Steam. But then again, PC gamers are always shafted by AAA.

Plus Console is where CoD audience is at, or where AB will make more money

As much as I hate it, Gaas is here to stay Pan  COD, PUBG, and I was shocked that Rainbow Six Siege, the disaster of a launch is Ubi’s top earner now. Not to mention overwatch, hearthstone, LOL, and the list just keeps going

R6 is best ubi game in recent memory but yeah its MT are questionable
I think major publishers are all MT now, now problem is after Runic shutdown, Housemarque abandoning arcade and pubg success, Indie games might also skew towards this trend

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Sonic Forces seems to just be average going by reviews. I really don’t understand why they struggle so much with this series.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SG59 - 09 November 2017 04:02 AM

Sonic Forces seems to just be average going by reviews. I really don’t understand why they struggle so much with this series.

They should just make Sonic Mania games…
Competent Sega only on Yakuza

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 09 November 2017 04:30 AM
SG59 - 09 November 2017 04:02 AM

They should just make Sonic Mania games…
Competent Sega only on Yakuza

Just got mania , its great so far
3D sonic games have been meh for the most part but they score a million copies
So sega just keep them releasing without any effort

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

The thing is, we have had good 3D Sonic games. Generations was pretty cool - even better if you go without using boost. Dated now, but at the time Adventure 2 was pretty solid. Sonic Lost World was different, but still decent too.

I kinda think they need to go back to how Sonic Adventure (Sonic and Shadow levels only) played and refine it. The core mechanics and level ideas was fine, but it just needed work in other areas really. The amount of characters never bothered me, but it’s how they use them that does.

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Managed to play the new Mario game today. Seems fine, but it very much fits the familiar Nintendo mold of a game about nothing. The hat mechanic is interesting, but it doesn’t seem like it’s used in anything beyond getting from A to B. It all feels very controlled in a organised fun manner.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

We are done guys, lets move on

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/11/09/ceo-confirms-red-dead-redemption-2-microtransactions/

Edit

RIP indeed Respawn, bid goes for less than Codww2 3 days profit
Add Respawn in queue after Visceral

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457641

Also new leaks suggest Cyberpunk is coming in 2020 earliest, real production has just started this year

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top