• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 16 November 2017 11:29 AM

There are 3 expansions per year so that’s a crazy $750. Blizzard hypocrites should not preach to others about microtransactions.

They are technically right if its F2P, which Hearthstone was
And now their lineup is even more f2p
Same for Letitdie which i liked and i know some of my friends paid 200$ for various stuff
Thats your typical F2p stuff
Overwatch worth 60$ and rel characters for free still

In Sw2 you are lured by SW bait to pay 60$ upfront for even trying the game
Then you have f2p shit hidden under AAA shooter

Imagine buying a 60$ game where some kid pays more and slays everyone in multi , breaking the game
Now imagine if its free

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 16 November 2017 11:54 AM
SoccerDude28 - 16 November 2017 11:29 AM

There are 3 expansions per year so that’s a crazy $750. Blizzard hypocrites should not preach to others about microtransactions.

They are technically right if its F2P, which Hearthstone was
And now their lineup is even more f2p

Overwatch maybe because they are all cosmetic to my knowledge(Not 100% sure, haven’t played much of it), but in Hearthstone, you have to pay to get all the cards, and without having enough cards, you are at a very big disadvantage and will probably lose to players who have them. So yes, technically it is F2P, but without paying, you just can’t open enough packs to get all the cards. You have to use inferior decks and most probably lose most of the time.

Not only that, but they used to have some adventure expansions sprinkled between the main expansions with a fixed cost of about 25 bucks that will give you all the cards in the expansion. Now, they got rid of the adventure expansions, and all cards in expansions have to be opened with buying packs, and buying packs like I mentioned will cost you about $250s an expansion to get all the cards. In comparison, Battle Front 2 feels cheap right? Not saying that I like BF2’s micro transactions, but if I am Blizzard, I would keep my mouth shut because: IF your house is made of glass, don’t throw stones on others.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 16 November 2017 01:27 PM

In comparison, Battle Front 2 feels cheap right? Not saying that I like BF2’s micro transactions, but if I am Blizzard, I would keep my mouth shut because: IF your house is made of glass, don’t throw stones on others

Yes they are both shady but one is lesser evil if he is not giving you a f2p mechanic game wrapped up as AAA shooter at full 60$
Anybody who would detect shady shit in free game can cop out if he detest it
Bf2 is something that lures in uninformed people with full game price tag and lock main characters behind f2p shit
There is a reason why warframe to mobile games are f2p because they all have some monetizing hook exceeding 100$ sometimes upto 1000$

Dont like it giveup, but it gives you a choice to inform you with gameplay what you are in for before pulling hook, Bf2 doesnt, if it wasnt for backlash EA subterfuge would have been successful

Even in Diablo3 days it got flak for auction house
But it didnt break my single player experience
Now in D3 if i had to grind 10 hrs for one special move(or buy it) i would have quit the game

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

And of course, here is something everyone knew all along (except the publishers)

A report by the EU Commission, titled ‘Estimating displacement rates of copyrighted material in the EU’, states that a link between piracy and sales could not be found.

The report touches upon all types of media, including video games, and gathered data from six countries: UK, Germany, France, Spain, Poland, and Sweden. The results show that in 2014 51% of adults and 72% of minors have illegally downloaded or streamed copy with Poland and Spain having significantly higher piracy rates than the other 4 countries.

Despite those numbers, the authors have not been able to find a ‘robust’ link between piracy and sales of copyrighted materials.

“That does not necessarily mean that piracy has no effect but only that the statistical analysis does not prove with sufficient reliability that there is an effect.”

https://news.g2a.com/news/eu-commission-report-finds-no-link-piracy-sales/

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/pre-launch-update?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_na_ic_soco_twt_swbfii-prelaunchblog-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=42029&ts=1510882462418

We hear you loud and clear, so we’re turning off all in-game purchases. We will now spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning. This means that the option to purchase crystals in the game is now offline, and all progression will be earned through gameplay. The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we’ve made changes to the game. We’ll share more details as we work through this.

—- It just gets more and more of a clusterf*** launch for Battlefront 2

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

We helped to remove Xbone draconian laws
We helped to remove kinect from xb1
We helped to stop kinect production
We helped to remove micro transaction from bf2

Power of vocal people
Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Goldenjoypad awards winner Zelda, with P5 and Horizon as runnerup
That hints at VGAs, only PUBG voters can defeat nintendo fanboys now

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The EA thing is good, even if the microtransactions come back later at least there’s an uproar enough to make them step back and other publishers might not try it so easily.
Hope EA also got a slap from Disney from screwing up the franchise.

nomadsoul - 17 November 2017 12:23 PM

Fan votes only count 10%, the rest is up to the jury, most probably didn’t even play PUBG

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 17 November 2017 12:23 PM

I am playing Zelda right now, and it is truly an amazing game, one of the best I have ever played. Haven’t played the other candidates to compare though, but I can see why they would give it to Zelda.

Is anyone still remotely interested in BF2 here, after all this fiasco (and the fact that it is EA)?

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I was only vaguely interested in BF2 for its single player content, but that sounds like it’s mediocre anyway.

In any case, I wouldn’t have touched the microtransactions, even if I did dabble in the multiplayer. Haven’t gone near them in other games, and I’m not about to start now.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I was very interested in playing it since I put so many hours in the first one and had it pre-ordered on Origin. The lacklustre beta, first rumblings of loot boxes and EA killing Visceral made me cancel it.
Now I have no interest in it, the reviews saying the single player campaign is bad also doesn’t help.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

My GoTY 2017 picks are

Best Sound = Hellblade
Best Music = Nier A
Best Story/Narrative =  ECHO
Best Indie top 3 = ECHO, Hellblade and ?
Best AGs = Observer,Edith Finch and Detention
Most disappointing = Gravity rush 2 and Wolfenstein2
Best RPG NioH
Best Action adventure Evilwithin2
Best fighting SFV season1&2
Best Platformer Middle of Sonic mania and yet to play Crash so cannot say Smile
Top 5 of 2017 Horizon, P5, Evilwithin2, ECHO and Prey

This year is at the level of 1998 and 2001

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced for PS4,Xbone,Switch

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-20-valkyria-chronicles-4-announced-for-nintendo-switch

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 November 2017 08:30 AM

Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced for PS4,Xbone,Switch

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-20-valkyria-chronicles-4-announced-for-nintendo-switch

That trailer Gasp, finally giving wat fans wanted, nailing all aspects, very promising
Sonicmania and now this, Sega now give us Vanquish2 and Bayo3 Vanquish ps4 remaster first

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

However, first week sales are more than 50% down compared with last year’s shooter. The boxed sales figures are also down 61% compared with 2015’s Star Wars Battlefront.

As a result, Battlefront II only made No.2 (in units, it did make No.1 in terms of revenue). It failed to knock Call of Duty: WWII off its perch, which is still performing very well and is about to hit a major sales milestone after just three weeks. Indeed, it took last year’s Infinite Warfare 7 weeks to achieved what WWII has done in just three.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-11-20-uk-boxed-charts-disappointing-debut-for-star-wars-battlefront-ii

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top