• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

The issues in that game seem weird. Some of them are basic stuff that really shouldn’t be happening anymore. Shame really.

I know MS are pushing for the best multiplats, but beyond the upgrades they’ve really failed to push XBX for a content point of view. It literally seems like they’re saying “hey, have you got these games? Well, they can look better if you spend another bucket of money!”

I mean, why? Just why?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

If you want a good old school 3D platformer, check out A Hat in Time.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/16/a-hat-in-time-review

I kickstarted it, and I’m glad that it turned out pretty good.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also glad I backed A Hat in TIme, have not played it but seems to be very good, turned out better than Yooka-Laylee.
Sonic Forces early impressions are terrible, better to enjoy Mania for Sonic goodness. Bubsy also terrible.

I’m playing Mario Odyssey and it’s a joy, what a great game.

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Sonic Forces was dead on arrival. The media decided that long ago despite knowing very little and everyone else has just jumped on the band wagon. From what I’ve seen the story seems naff as usual, but the gameplay seems solid enough. I don’t understand why they felt the need to put classic Sonic or the 2.5D sections in it mind.

Yooka-Laylee seems to be getting hate because it’s exactly what they said it would be; a N64 style platformer. Maybe people have now realised those N64 games weren’t as good as people thought?

A Hat in Time seems very much like an N64 game in design, so I’m a bit unsure on how it’s being looked at as better.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SG59 - 04 November 2017 03:54 PM

Yooka-Laylee seems to be getting hate because it’s exactly what they said it would be; a N64 style platformer. Maybe people have now realised those N64 games weren’t as good as people thought?

A Hat in Time seems very much like an N64 game in design, so I’m a bit unsure on how it’s being looked at as better.

They both set out to do the same thing but from reviews a Hat in Time succeeds more because of better level design, gameplay and camera.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SG59 - 04 November 2017 03:54 PM

but the gameplay seems solid enough. I don’t understand why they felt the need to put classic Sonic or the 2.5D sections in it mind.

I tried the demo on japanese psn, instantly regretted
Gameplay is floaty and sonic mania shows why new 3D ones have a problem

I mean, why? Just why?

Another concern my friends are having, almost 100 gb downlaods some even closing in on 150gb
This shit is ridiculous, 2020 is good for 4k sizes
I am good with 1080 now
In future we need to get even bigger HDs current ones wont cut it

wilco - 04 November 2017 03:16 PM

Sonic Forces early impressions are terrible, better to enjoy Mania for Sonic goodness. Bubsy also terrible

Right answer is Crash

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Looked into Sonic Forces a bit more now…what a shame.

After Generations, I thought they had cracked Sonic’s level design but it seems they’ve gone backwards again. Generations was great as they had loads of replay value in trying to get better scores through discovering different paths for better times and collecting red rings, but Forces for the most part seems to lack any of this. Next to no different paths (from what I’ve seen), silly talking throughout the short stages and with the story being typical nonsense, no wonder people have lost faith in Sonic games.

The avatar character seems to just replicate what Sonic’s friend could do too, so that seems a bit pointless and I really don’t get why they make such a mess of the story. Just keep it simple.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I saw this review on Steam for Wolf 2:

Let’s be serious. Every time we consumers do not punish something poorly done we are encouraging that it happens to us again. I am no techie and when I buy a product I expect it to be finished and polished unless it is early access, in which case I know the risks I am taking (and probably would never pay 60 $ for an early access game).

I love you guys in Bethesda and Machinegames and I own and have really enjoyed a lot of the games you developed or published. But this time, someone has done a crappy job, and I don’t see why I should pay for it.

The game is so terribly optimized that you put a patch out yesterday that caused thousands of players (me amongst them) to not be able to start the game ever again due to “Could not write crash dump” error messages. Then, trying to find the solution has become a game in real life (maybe this is the real WII TNC game! Brilliant!): install this, uninstall that, cry here, shout there… and nothing works.

I have a heck of a computer and a great bunch of games and never experienced any hardware issues, not to mention the impossilibity to launch my expensive, newly-acquired game.

Therefore, buying this game right now is an act of irresponsibility encouraging the developers to put to sale more crappy job before it’s finished. Let’s not buy, let’s refund and only when they get it properly done, we’ll buy again.

I’m surprised seeing this as the prior games were super optimized for the PC. nomad, did you run into any technical issues on the PS4 version of the game?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 November 2017 01:22 PM

I saw this review on Steam for Wolf 2
I’m surprised seeing this as the prior games were super optimized for the PC. nomad, did you run into any technical issues on the PS4 version of the game?

Not a single one on ps4, but check my review before getting it
I suggest get it on sale , around 40$
PC ver indeed has issues, lots of people i know are having random crashes
Also game feels like cut in half and they are basically making 2 games, ending is abrupt and when things start to get escalate game ends without boss fight

Some youtube videos also pointed out loopholes and unrealistic stuff in story, some very stupid stuff that is not inline with wolf1

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Capcom getting sense back and doing it right

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

woah thats way more faster than SFV

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has shipped 900,000 units across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC since, Capcom’s latest financial results reveal

Also Capcom said MvCi has budget of SFV dlc, that was super low
Thats why they recycled
Damn you Marvel

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Did knot know its launch date was strategically placed on X launch

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 06 November 2017 09:30 AM

woah thats way more faster than SFV

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has shipped 900,000 units across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC since, Capcom’s latest financial results reveal

Also Capcom said MvCi has budget of SFV dlc, that was super low
Thats why they recycled
Damn you Marvel

And Ultra Street Fighter 2 sold a lot on the Switch, imagine if they actually made an effort…

Changing to fighting games that are good, Injustice 2 is coming to PC, there’s an open beta going on until 10 Nov

http://store.steampowered.com/app/707830/Injustice_2_Online_Beta/

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/microsoft-boosts-video-game-investment-as-focus-shifts-to-software

Yeah they are pretty much Sega Dreamcast / Games as service mode now
Though some games like Mcraft will make it to ps4
TimedExclusives from MS like dr4 are gonna be more frequent in future i guess

Edit

GameIinformer reveal is not superman/Rsteady

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Good luck to any studio out there that decides to be brought by MS. I’m sure it’ll end well…

Didn’t know this till the other day, but 4K textures for the XBX need to be downloaded and the file size isn’t pretty. Seems like the industry is pushing for 4K despite the tech not really being there yet.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top