• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckydiego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ndog had their Weinstein too

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447928

Glad Amy left the company

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Zeku looks rad af

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Hopefully the PC and Digital sales are holding up as.. Evil Within 2 has sold less than a quarter of the first game in it’s first weekend.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/10/uk_sales_charts_the_evil_within_2_suffers_shocking_launch

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 16 October 2017 04:30 PM

Hopefully the PC and Digital sales are holding up as.. Evil Within 2 has sold less than a quarter of the first game in it’s first weekend.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/10/uk_sales_charts_the_evil_within_2_suffers_shocking_launch

Considering i too ended up getting digital i would wait for NPD and Beth PR
I am sure it will perform better than Dis2 and Prey commercially and also sure its budget is lower than both Arkane games
As far as steamspy PC sales they are low, so all hope is on consoles

I am not sure if its bad Beth marketing hurting Dis,prey, Ew2
or lowered interest in genres
Cannot be for horror games as Outlast types still sell and ew1 easy is easy enough for casuals

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

EA shuts down Visceral and cancels their Star Wars game…

https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-visceral-games-1819623990?IR=T

Probably going game as service now…
What a disappointment! Amy Hennig probably out… Frown

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well shit

EA has shut down Visceral Games, the studio behind games like Battlefield Hardline and Dead Space, the publisher said today. The Star Wars game in development at Visceral will be revamped and move to a different studio.

Well shit it sounds like GaS

closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace. It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot the design.

Well wtf

Our Visceral studio will be ramping down and closing, and we’re in the midst of shifting as many of the team as possible to other projects and teams at EA.
Lastly, while we had originally expected this game to launch late in our fiscal year 2019, we’re now looking at a new timeframe that we will announce in the future.

No but what about Amy?

EA spokesperson tells me: “We are in discussions with Amy [Hennig] about her next move.”

Meanwhile Creative director of deadspace1 who was on next TR left CD

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well FECK so I guess Star Wars Destiny is coming instead.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

This tweet was pretty funny.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

It’s a shame, but people shouldn’t be surprised. Just take a look at the triple A market now and you’ll see the cracks getting bigger and bigger every few years. DLC, free 2 pay, Microtransactions, loot crates, special pre-order versions and so on.

As the technology gets better, more people, more time and more money is needed to produce games at a higher standard. This loop is getting harder and harder as the money just isn’t there.

If people don’t like smaller titles, I’m afraid that’s where the bulk of the industry is shifting to now. Sure, we’ll get EA Sports games and the odd big game like we do now, but that’s about it I think.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SG59 - 17 October 2017 06:20 PM

It’s a shame, but people shouldn’t be surprised. Just take a look at the triple A market now and you’ll see the cracks getting bigger and bigger every few years. DLC, free 2 pay, Microtransactions, loot crates, special pre-order versions and so on.

As the technology gets better, more people, more time and more money is needed to produce games at a higher standard. This loop is getting harder and harder as the money just isn’t there.

If people don’t like smaller titles, I’m afraid that’s where the bulk of the industry is shifting to now. Sure, we’ll get EA Sports games and the odd big game like we do now, but that’s about it I think

Thats one of the reasons why i put Beth in high regard, their portfolio is full of genres targeted for niche and singleplayer only long campaigns
Sony is there but take long time for one major AAA
And thats it

EA was already famous for serial killing, Bioware is crumbling and shadow of former self
after Andromeda debacle
Gaider and other lead writer have left and Dragonage is even in danger
Respawn already not happy but i see similar GaS driven shit in future titles which is already there in Tf2 to some extent

Ubi sell same game mechanics with different skin each year

Which leaves much to be desired for old school gamers like us

Atleast japanese gaming made a comeback

@wilco

Yes it would have been hard for her work to get scrapped twice and handed over to some other leads, wasting so much of her time and labor
Its also fascinating how they pulled back Amy games reveal by first saying no SP in BF1 because Amy game has it then not showing this year because Bf2 needs promotion and then Bam

Not to mention how bad Bf2 beta was
maybe She will conjure watever Jade is cooking at Motive but man we cannot have decent SW sp game now, 1313 and now this
Pan

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

EA spokesperson tells me: “We are in discussions with Amy [Hennig] about her next move.”

Poor Amy, she doesn’t seem to get a break. The game industry is truly a sh***y place to work.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

She is also a bit old to have this much of work being wasted , was so passionate about SW game and if EA needed to “Focus test” games to redesign them then why the hell you hire auteurs or directors/designers
Kojima made a wise choice choosing Sony

EA is getting heat from all over the net

Even Gamespot’s Hatfield is pissed

Everyone wanted a good SW SP game

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Dead Space 2 cost 60 million, but sold 4 million: http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1449434

I can’t see how exactly it cost that much to make even with marketing, but even so this shows how broken the top tier of gaming is.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

In the end EA just completely became like Activision, just took them some more time to kill all the teams and franchises. Too bad they had to drag the Star Wars license with it.
Disney should have done what they are doing with the Marvel licenses and let different studios work on the IP.

No idea where Amy might go next, not seeing anyone doing that kind of single plaer cinematic games, except Sony/Naughty Dog and well…
Join Ken Levine and do a game with Platinum funded by… somebody Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

More juice on SW story

SG59 - 18 October 2017 01:11 PM

Dead Space 2 cost 60 million, but sold 4 million: http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1449434

I can’t see how exactly it cost that much to make even with marketing, but even so this shows how broken the top tier of gaming is.

Financial decisions and bad HR are 2 main reasons why this happen alot in industry
And blame goes to the sales of game

Horizon rel in 2017 much bigger in scope was around 40 million
And Hellblade/Nier showed this year what tight budgeting can do with focus where its needed

Give Horizon to some studio in Americas and it will exceed 100 million

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top