• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! Here is the list of candidates from the last CPT

Discworld: Timovieman, Kurufinwe, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie (optional), Oscar, wilco
Fahrenheit: (Kurufinwe leader), TimovieMan, wilco
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), Kurufinwe, Iznogood, wilco
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: (Iznogood leader), Sefir, wilco
Mission Critical: TimovieMan, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TerminusEst
RAMA: (Zifnab leader), Iznogood, Sefir, Oscar
Inherit the Earth: Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, wilco, rtrooney, TerminusEst, RayB, zifnab
Memoria: (Iznogood leader), diego, Sefir

I would like to add Freddy Pharkus Frontier Pharmacist to the list.

I guess it’s time to start voting.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I’d be up for some FPFP, it’s been years! Good old Freddy. Can’t see it beating Discworld or ITE though.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

How long this voting will last rtrooney? When I proposed the voting in a previous post of mine (which was going to start next week, but I see the thirst for a new playthrough here Smile ), I was thinking for a 2-week voting.

Please, add the following proposals that were made thus far in the playthrough voting list:

Dreamfall
Spycraft
Full Throttle
Dragonsphere
Sanitarium
The 7th Guest
The Cat Lady

And people, please mention if you want to lead in one of the game proposals. (I proposed myself for the Cat Lady and UAKM.)
Oh! And since there are more proposals now, I want to mention that I will vote only Tex Murphy UAKM, The Pandora Directive, Memoria, Dreamfall, Spycraft, Dragonsphere, Sanitarium, The 7th guest and The Cat Lady.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2008-10-17

PM

cool, i’ll play the next one too.. I’m voting for Tex Murphy UAKM, dreamfall, sanitarium, fahrenheit

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And I’ll refrain from voting at all, since I can’t be sure I’ll actually have enough game-time to play in any of the playthroughs. Gaming has come to a stand-still for me… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

I dropped out of Callahan’s playthrough due to bad time management (from my side) but I’ll try to join a next one if it’s:
Pandora Directive
Inherit the Earth
Fahrenheit
Cat Lady

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 15 November 2013 02:09 AM

How long this voting will last rtrooney? When I proposed the voting in a previous post of mine (which was going to start next week, but I see the thirst for a new playthrough here Smile ), I was thinking for a 2-week voting.

Somewhere my apology for jumping the gun did not get posted. Or, at least I can’t find it.

I’m neither qualified, not do I desire to handle the voting.

I do know that I will only play ITE or FPFP. None of the other games appeal to me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 15 November 2013 06:31 AM

And I’ll refrain from voting at all, since I can’t be sure I’ll actually have enough game-time to play in any of the playthroughs. Gaming has come to a stand-still for me… Meh

Solution: Play shorter games! Smile

You can finish Inherit The Earth in 2 or 3 sessions, it’s a short and fairly easy game. Dreamfall and Full Throttle are also quite short from memory.

Or you could nominate a small flash-based game like Samorost. Something like that would be a nice change.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 16 November 2013 11:03 PM

Solution: Play shorter games! Smile

I haven’t even been able to start Ted’s chapter in IHNMAIMS yet, so the length of the games is irrelevant. My gaming time has dropped to zero. Shorter games won’t solve that. Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

I missed the last playthrough as I got busy with Uni, on holidays at the moment, so hopefully have time for this one…

I’m happy to play any of these games… but honestly should probably vote for a game I haven’t played… Inherit the Earth still seems weird to me…

So I’m putting my name down for Sanitarium & Spyrcraft… oh, and Dreamfall.

Edit: Wouldn’t this be far easier if we started new threads with polls, then we could just vote on the game to play?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Toefur - 17 November 2013 09:40 AM

Edit: Wouldn’t this be far easier if we started new threads with polls, then we could just vote on the game to play?

You can only vote for a single game in a poll, and adding a game after the voting has started is going to be problematic…

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

I just wanted to add: I just youtubed a little Mission Critical… where did this game come from? I’ve never heard of it before… I generally love FMV and Sci Fi… but damn… this game looks tedious…

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s a Legend game…

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I missed the last playthrough as I got busy with Uni, on holidays at the moment, so hopefully have time for this one…

I’m happy to play any of these games… but honestly should probably vote for a game I haven’t played… Inherit the Earth still seems weird to me…

I thought so too! - it didn’t really appeal to me in anyway but it’s very cheap on GoG & I have played through the intro chapter, read the background story so have decided it could be interesting!

I think polls are good for ‘mass’ votes on certain things but for a handful of players + to decide on what game to come together to play it’s just too impersonal, also quite a few players vote for more than one game.

I’ll at this point most definitely vote for Inherit the Earth, Discworld and The Cat Lady!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Inherit the Earth, A tex murphy game, Cat Lady are my votes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top