• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Karlok - 30 December 2022 09:58 AM
Jdawg445 - 24 December 2022 01:04 PM

I might play hobs barrow with yall with the commentary on. The More i thought about the game the more liked it.

Are you interested in leading the CPT? Your main task would be to divide the game in bite-sized chunks and tell us where to stop.

Not really as you’ve noticed I’ve dropped in and out over the last couple weeks because I’m extremely busy with holidays and work. I’m not so sure this one actually needs a leader. I would say just stop after each chapter and discuss the previous chapter but I don’t know

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

Sorry, I did not realise that there is no leader!
I would have to play parts of the game before anyone else to be able to lead. I am afraid that that will not be possible…

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

I thought about it. I could lead it when we divide the game in the four chapter of the game. That might be a bit fast for some, but it would be the most logical division.
That would mean that the first point where you stop is the end of the first chaoter, when yu go to sleep.

Shall we play until that point, and pick up next wednesday?

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for volunteering, Sylv!  When you’re ready, you can set up a new thread with the title AG Community Playthrough #76 - The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow.  Since a couple of people won’t be able to join the playthrough until the 2nd week in January, there’s no hurry.  The players usually need time to install and try out the introduction anyway, just to make sure everything works.

It sounds like the chapters are a good way to divide up the playing, and you can estimate how long it’ll take to complete each one.  When you see how everyone is progressing, you can adjust the time accordingly.  If you have any questions, just ask any of us.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

rtrooney - 27 December 2022 07:27 PM

I’ve not played any of the games, so I read the AG review and took a quick pass through the screenshots. It seems awfully dark. And while there was no direct comparison, the review sounded like it was reviewing Ravenhurst without the hidden object scenes.

I’ve never really played Ravenhurst so can’t comment, but you are spot on in that it is really dark. It’s fair to say that the developer made some game design choices which can be frustrating initially, but what it is lacking in “user friendliness” is made up for in story, puzzles (IMO at least) but above all in atmosphere, which makes it a very memorable experience.

It isn’t for everyone, but if you’re open to straying from the light or comedy genres and being absorbed in a strange and creepy atmosphere, weirdly slightly depressing but very compelling at the same time, then this is a game well worth your time.

You can also currently pick it up for a couple of £/$/EUR in winter sales. Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 31 December 2022 03:41 AM

Thanks for volunteering, Sylv!  When you’re ready, you can set up a new thread with the title AG Community Playthrough #76 - The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow.  Since a couple of people won’t be able to join the playthrough until the 2nd week in January, there’s no hurry.  The players usually need time to install and try out the introduction anyway, just to make sure everything works.

It sounds like the chapters are a good way to divide up the playing, and you can estimate how long it’ll take to complete each one.  When you see how everyone is progressing, you can adjust the time accordingly.  If you have any questions, just ask any of us.

Thanks!
I did this before reading your post. The title of the thread is now not as it should be. Maybe you can change the title?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top