• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

Kurufinwe - 05 September 2013 06:59 AM

Well, there you go.

http://www.gog.com/news/release_i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream

(I guess I may end up joining the playthrough.)

wow what a weird coincidence after all.

Well I guess I’ll but my vote for IHNMAIMS down again since I can actually get it now.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Kurufinwe - 05 September 2013 06:59 AM

Well, there you go.

http://www.gog.com/news/release_i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream

What a great coincidence Smile
I guess the ones that retracted their vote, will now retract their retraction.

I (almost) feel sorry for the ones, that have payed an overprice to get the game for this playthrough Cry

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Very cool coincidence!

You can add my vote Smile

Let’s play another rare adventure next, maybe it’ll show up on gog! Tongue

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 05 September 2013 07:34 AM

I (almost) feel sorry for the ones, that have payed an overprice to get the game for this playthrough Cry

Don’t. A boxed edition is like a collector’s item compared to a digital GOG version.

A weird and welcome coincidence indeed…

“I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don’t trust coincidences.”
Garak, Star Trek:DS9

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 05 September 2013 07:39 AM

Let’s play another rare adventure next, maybe it’ll show up on gog! Tongue

LOL - You are right, it is because of us it’s on GOG now.
Still wondering about what went wrong with Obsidian though, perhaps we didn’t make enough noise about it.

Edit: Quote from ... well take a guess

“Million-to-one chances,” she said, “crop up nine times out of ten.”

Traditionally, one has to say “it’s a million-to-one chance, but it might just work!” to invoke this rule. It also has to be exactly a million to one - none of this fiddly “995,351 to 1” business, or whatever other number you might end up with. So while the list of things that people have accomplished with million to one chances is quite impressive, the list of things they have failed to accomplish with odds a few percentage points off in either direction is probably a lot longer and involves a lot more fatalities.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sefir - 05 September 2013 07:49 AM

A weird and welcome coincidence indeed..

I believe in fate…..which seems to be the preface of so many AGs as well.

Well enjoy a fantastic game.

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

Hmm depending on when the playthrough starts, I would be interested in joining IHNMAIMS now that it’s on GOG - I have to finish a couple of Gamescom articles first though.

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

it’s going to be a mass playthrough Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This isn’t funny anymore - Bad Mojo, GAG and Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon playthrough - authors show up, A Vampyre Story playthrough - Bill Tiller launches AVS Year 1 Kickstarter… and now this. I swear there’s some adventure mastermind watching this forum closely. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Hehe, I still can’t get over it. Monday I was thinking that Thursday was payday and I’d write a check, and then the rumor mills kicked in and wow. If it speeds up the voting process I’d like to rescind my vote for ITE.

Sefir - 05 September 2013 07:49 AM

Don’t. A boxed edition is like a collector’s item compared to a digital GOG version.

Absolutely, I’ve heard that his new boxed editions include a mouse pad and the book. I’m not really a collector though.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

As long as I don’t tell the missus, it’s water under the bridge… Tongue

Iznogood - 05 September 2013 07:49 AM

Edit: Quote from ... well take a guess

Sounds like Terry Pratchett to me… Grin

RayB - 05 September 2013 12:14 PM

Absolutely, I’ve heard that his new boxed editions include a mouse pad and the book. I’m not really a collector though.

Darnit, why couldn’t the version I bought be one of those? Angry

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That is a neat coincidence, but since the Mac version isn’t being released on GOG, so I’m afraid I won’t be getting it anytime soon.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Update

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream: (Sefir leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie, badlemon, RayB, Toefur, wilco, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, PolloDiablo, Dara100
Discworld: Timovieman, Kurufinwe, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie (optional), Oscar, wilco
Fahrenheit: (Kurufinwe leader), TimovieMan, wilco
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), Kurufinwe, Iznogood, wilco
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: (Iznogood leader), Sefir, wilco
Mission Critical: TimovieMan, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TerminusEst
RAMA: (Zifnab leader), Iznogood, Sefir, Oscar
Inherit the Earth: Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, wilco, rtrooney, TerminusEst, RayB, zifnab
Memoria: (Iznogood leader), diego, Sefir

Mass change since the last updaate. The GOG release of IHNMAIMS made it a clear favourite with 13 (!!) votes (I haven’t seen that many players since the CCS playthrough). Can ITE or Disc gather up at least 6 votes and a leader to beat the odds in the remaining 3 days? It remains to be seen.

diego - 05 September 2013 11:05 AM

This isn’t funny anymore - Bad Mojo, GAG and Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon playthrough - authors show up, A Vampyre Story playthrough - Bill Tiller launches AVS Year 1 Kickstarter… and now this.

We have a nice community now, don’t we? Smile
It’s nice to know that our voice is heard…

diego - 05 September 2013 11:05 AM

I swear there’s some adventure mastermind watching this forum closely. Grin

Hey! We all are adventure masterminds in these forums!  Grin

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 September 2013 01:40 PM

That is a neat coincidence, but since the Mac version isn’t being released on GOG, so I’m afraid I won’t be getting it anytime soon.

It’s a DOS game. Just extract the GOG version and feed the data files to Boxer / DOSBox / ScummVM. (I’m Windows-less at the moment, so I just did that a couple of hours ago on my macbook; it works fine.)

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I abstained from voting, but now that IHNMAIMS has won out I got the GOG download (didn’t want to open my original boxed game).

I’m running it on WinXP and it doesn’t even need compatability tweaking.

Still not sure how much time I’ll have to play but I’m going to make a stab at it.  Remember it’s a very grim game by a very grim author who is also the voice of AM.  It won’t be a “fun” game in the usual sense at all, I’m afraid.  That’s not to say I haven’t enjoyed - although that is not the right word - his works, however.  The original story freaked me out and I’m not easily freaked.  I recommend it to you.

RayB, you said you heard the new boxes contain the book as well?  Are those the GOG giveaways?  I’m wondering if they’ll be available for purchase because mine doesn’t have a book and where you saw that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top