• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

So far:

Pandora Directive (regardless of outcome I need to play this game soon to be caught up with the series)
ITE
7th Guest (Not sure if I ever played/finished but available on GOG)
The Cat Lady (No arm twisting for me to re-play as a CP)
Dreamfall (Planned on a replay closer to the release of Chapters but can’t be too choosy with such things. Got it to play on Win7 laptop)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Pandora Directive, if Fien’s gonna join it and zobraks would make a cameo appearance.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I am still most interested in Inherit The Earth, The Cat Lady, 7th Guest and Discworld (if someone else leads).

I guess also Sanitarium (though there was an earlier playthrough?).

I most likely will not participate in Dreamfall as I want to play both TLJ and Dreamfall before the Chapters and I wouldn’t really want to force a quick TLJ replay just right now. Also not thrilled about Tex games since I played them rather recently.

Fahrenheit, perhaps. Might even be something I could lead at some point.

I’m interested in Memoria but I haven’t played the Chains of Satinav yet and not really thrilled about the 20€ price either. (Most of the other games I already have.)

Rest of the titles - maybe.

I don’t mind skipping a playthrough either, I have a long queue of games to play by myself anyway.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I don’t have a lot of energy for thinking/writing about games at present, so I’ll refrain from voting. If I happen to be really in the mood for whatever gets picked, I might end up taking part in the playthrough, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 17 November 2013 02:39 PM

Pandora Directive, if Fien’s gonna join it and zobraks would make a cameo appearance.

You should’ve said “I’ll play if Adventurere stops praising Sierra” if you wanted to make your taking part in a playthrough look even less plausible.

P.S. I miss Fien too.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, these are the proposals and the votes thus far. As you can see, the biggest problem here is the lack of leaders. Step on oh brave ones!! The AG community needs you!! This voting will last until 30/11, so be free to vote, or propose up to that date (of course, the sooner a proposal is made, the more chances it has to get voted).

Discworld: millenia
Fahrenheit: icx, HandsFree
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), icx, wilco
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: Sefir, HandsFree, wilco, RayB, diego (optional),
Mission Critical:
RAMA:
Inherit the Earth: rtrooney, HandsFree, chrissie, wilco, RayB, millenia
Memoria: Sefir
Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist: rtrooney, zifnab
Dreamfall: Sefir, icx, Toefur, RayB
Spycraft: Sefir, Toefur
Dragonsphere: Sefir
The 7th Guest: Sefir, RayB, millenia
The Cat Lady: (Sefir leader), icx, HandsFree, chrissie, wilco, RayB, millenia

And unfortunately, millenia was right. Sanitarium and Full Throttle are off the list as they already had their CPs in the past…

rtrooney - 16 November 2013 09:56 PM

Somewhere my apology for jumping the gun did not get posted. Or, at least I can’t find it.

I’m neither qualified, not do I desire to handle the voting.

Nah, nothing to worry about. Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Sefir - 18 November 2013 07:19 AM

Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist

Fix’d. Tongue

And unfortunately, millenia was right. Sanitarium and Full Throttle are off the list as they already had their CPs in the past…

Why, though? Sanitarium was over 3 years ago, and Full Throttle 5 years ago. Most of the people who took part in them aren’t around anymore, and many current active members weren’t here back then (including yourself). If there’s someone who’s willing to lead the playthrough and several people interested in taking part (both of which are very much hypothetical at this point), then what’s wrong with revisiting a game? If the previous playthrough of the game is too fresh, then there won’t be many people interested in taking part in a new one and the votes will reflect that.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

And my votes go to:

Discworld: Because it’s about time that I replay this great game
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: I really need to replay the Tex Murphy series before the Tesla Effect is released
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: Ditto, and it is better than UAKM.
Inherit the Earth: Because I have never played it, it it would be nice to play a game I have never played before in the CP

I will even offer to lead the playthrough of The Pandora Directive, though expect something like the blind leading the blind, well at least the one eyed leading the CP Wink

A CP of Dreamfall would also be great, but I think it is too soon with about a year before Chapters is released.

I know I suggested Memoria myself in the last round, but since it didn’t win I replayed it myself, and a normal playthrough a replay and a CP replay so shortly after each other would simply be too much.

The Cat Lady would be very well suited for a CP, but it might be a bit too soon to replay it for me, besides after the IHNMAIMS I think I would prefer something a bit less dark. Perhaps at a later time.

The rest with a clear exception of Fahrenheit, are games I might consider joining a CP if they win, or I might not, I haven’t really decided yet.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ll lead Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

My votes:
Inherit the Earth
Spycraft
Dragonsphere
Dreamfall
Discworld

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ll join Spycraft.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Bleh, fine, just add me to Spycraft and Dragonsphere, I’m interested enough.

Where can you get that Wanted?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s on Adventure Shop for $6.99 - http://us-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/The-Westerner—795-44.html

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

diego - 18 November 2013 11:54 AM

It’s on Adventure Shop for $6.99 - http://us-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/The-Westerner—795-44.html

Actually I think that’s the sequel to Wanted, which was only released in Europe which is why I’d never heard of it. Good to know.  Thumbs Up

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

No, this is Wanted aka Westerner (sequel to 3 Skulls of the Toltecs), and the sequel to it is called Fenimore Fillmore’s Revenge aka Westerner 2

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top