• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

FINAL RESULTS
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream: (Sefir leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie, badlemon, RayB, Toefur, wilco, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, PolloDiablo, Dara100, TerminusEst, rtrooney
Discworld: Timovieman, Kurufinwe, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie (optional), Oscar, wilco
Fahrenheit: (Kurufinwe leader), TimovieMan, wilco
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), Kurufinwe, Iznogood, wilco
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: (Iznogood leader), Sefir, wilco
Mission Critical: TimovieMan, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TerminusEst
RAMA: (Zifnab leader), Iznogood, Sefir, Oscar
Inherit the Earth: Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, wilco, rtrooney, TerminusEst, RayB, zifnab
Memoria: (Iznogood leader), diego, Sefir

The final winner is: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream!! (what a surprise!) with 15 votes!! The GOG release was definetely the decisive “push”.

Let us scream with joy! Grin

I will start the appropriate playthrough thread within the next 3 days, where details of the game and the playthrough itself will be thoroughly discussed.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Go Memor…

uhh, nevermind.

(*hides*)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 08 September 2013 03:09 PM

Go Memor…

uhh, nevermind.

(*hides*)

You!! I’m still waiting for you to finish CCS!!  Tongue

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Kurufinwe already mentioned the sale elsewhere, but since Inherit the Earth was one of the runner-ups in the last voting, I thought it worth noting for you community playthrough folks that ItE is on a 60% off sale this weekend at GOG (as are several other adventure games).

Would be a good time to pick it up if you plan on playing it in the future. Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

someone had mentioned Sanitarium at some other thread .

I know I am not a community playthrough poster but I might like Sanitarium’s idea and I really jump in

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My recommendation is that the whole thread be wiped clean and started anew. Can’t count the number of posts that resulted in a CPT. My guess is lots!

Alternative is to remove all posts that refer to CPTs that have already been played.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Since the IHNMAIMS community playthrough is near the end, any proposals for a new one are gladly acceptable….

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Unofficial proposals deleted.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I repeat my recommendation to clear this thread. Every time a CPT is completed, a new “Time for a new community playthrough” should be started.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

ccccc

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 09 November 2013 09:55 PM

I repeat my recommendation to clear this thread. Every time a CPT is completed, a new “Time for a new community playthrough” should be started.

But…....why??????

It’s not like there aren’t lists of the previous playthroughs or anything like that! In one thread, everything we have said and done is summed up and it is easily found through Tim’s pinned recommendation thread. I personally see no reason in changing this thread with multiple ones…

EDIT: Not to mention that I like having the quick, 1-thread access to previous votings and reccomended games. I would hate to have to search for many different threads…

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 10 November 2013 03:55 AM

EDIT: Not to mention that I like having the quick, 1-thread access to previous votings and reccomended games. I would hate to have to search for many different threads…

Well, there are currently 48 pages. So scrolling back to find something is a bit more complex than monitoring a “What should we do now?” conversation.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 11 November 2013 09:48 PM
Sefir - 10 November 2013 03:55 AM

Well, there are currently 48 pages. So scrolling back to find something is a bit more complex than monitoring a “What should we do now?” conversation.

Not as complex as it would have been with 48 different “Time for a new playthrough” threads though. Scrolling back in one thread is far easier than searching all the forums history for specific threads in a “What we should do now” situations. After all, you don’t need to scroll back to propose a game. There is already a list with the playthroughs played in Tim’s reccomendation list.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Inherit the Earth got a bunch of votes in the last round. Also Discworld but there’s no leader (yet, I’m still a possibility in the future but I really need to read more Rincewind novels and go through the game properly).

I never played 7th Guest and since there is a related kickstarter on, I would suggest it for a playthrough as long as we find a leader.

One of the Broken Sword games might be nice too, but the 5th game is releasing very soon, not sure we have time to finish a game before everyone jumps to the new title.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I would be interested in Inherit the Earth - it attracted my interest with so many votes & it’s very cheap on GOG. Also Discworld & perhaps The Cat Lady that got a few votes in the past.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top