• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Dara100 - 05 September 2013 05:30 PM

I abstained from voting, but now that IHNMAIMS has won out…

No it didn’t!!!
There are 3 more days of voting!!! But I put your name next to IHNMAIMS in the voting list, since I see that you are willing to join.

It won’t be a “fun” game in the usual sense at all, I’m afraid.

Ahh…Fear is perhaps one right emotion to feel under IHNMAIMS.  Naughty

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Ok, Sefir.  I’ll do my best to keep up.  Laughing

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

RayB, you said you heard the new boxes contain the book as well?  Are those the GOG giveaways?  I’m wondering if they’ll be available for purchase because mine doesn’t have a book and where you saw that.

No, by new boxes I meant new old stock as in if you ordered one of the original games from Harlan’s website. I’m assuming that he wants to get rid of some of the other extras as well. Now that the game has been digitally released I don’t know if it directly affects those sales though. For the price of a postage stamp I suppose I could find out as depending on how the CPT goes (assuming that it does Grin) I just might want to order one for myself for posterity.

Sefir - 05 September 2013 05:33 PM

Ahh…Fear is perhaps one right emotion to feel under IHNMAIMS.  Naughty

Just thinking about the title of the game alone gives me the chills.  Laughing

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Thanks, RayB.  I went to his site and couldn’t even find my way to the game page, just comics.  It actually looked better than when I was first there years ago, believe it or not.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Iznogood - 05 September 2013 07:34 AM

I guess the ones that retracted their vote, will now retract their retraction.

Of course! That was the whole point of retracting my vote in the first place—so I can retract the retraction. Seriously though, getting IHNMAIMS released today was the best possible outcome and the one I was hoping for. I am looking forward to the (inevitable) IHNMAIMS playthrough.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, despite my vote for another game, I decided to give this one a try. But true to my earlier comments about GOG problems, this has hit a new high. My money was accepted, but the game will not install.

$5.99 is not a big deal. Write it off and never deal with them again. But it pisses me off. I’ve already dealt with a 25% failure rate on installed games. and now I can’t even get one to install.

Count me in if I can get the game to install.

Otherwise I will be back promoting ITE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 05 September 2013 08:50 PM

Well, despite my vote for another game, I decided to give this one a try. But true to my earlier comments about GOG problems, this has hit a new high. My money was accepted, but the game will not install.

Hi rtrooney, I’m sorry that you’re experiencing problems installing the game - have you tried their support link about the game & ones that you’ve had trouble with in the past? If you try everything they suggest to no avail & contact them directly & they still can’t help they should refund your money - you shouldn’t have to write-it-off!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Update

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream: (Sefir leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie, badlemon, RayB, Toefur, wilco, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, PolloDiablo, Dara100, TerminusEst, rtrooney
Discworld: Timovieman, Kurufinwe, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie (optional), Oscar, wilco
Fahrenheit: (Kurufinwe leader), TimovieMan, wilco
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), Kurufinwe, Iznogood, wilco
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: (Iznogood leader), Sefir, wilco
Mission Critical: TimovieMan, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TerminusEst
RAMA: (Zifnab leader), Iznogood, Sefir, Oscar
Inherit the Earth: Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, wilco, rtrooney, TerminusEst, RayB, zifnab
Memoria: (Iznogood leader), diego, Sefir

Ok people, the voting just turned into a one-game-show. IHNMAIMS has gathered 15 (!!!) votes (New Record) and is almost a certain winner. Still, there are two more days of voting (perhaps an unecessary typicality)...

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well I finally did get the game installed. I let it play itself through the initial scenes to make sure it worked. Still not sure it does. For those that complained about the retro graphics of ITE…REALLY?

So at least I am no longer “Optional”

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 06 September 2013 09:50 PM

Well I finally did get the game installed. I am no longer “Optional”

Good news. I fixed it in the voting list.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 06 September 2013 03:16 PM

Update

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream: (Sefir leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie, badlemon, RayB, Toefur, wilco, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, PolloDiablo, Dara100, TerminusEst, rtrooney
Discworld: Timovieman, Kurufinwe, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie (optional), Oscar, wilco
Inherit the Earth: Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, wilco, rtrooney, TerminusEst, RayB, zifnab

Go Memoria!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Is this just a weird coincidence, or something’s wrong with the forums so there’s only one post today so far? Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hey, it’s US Open semifinals day.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Due to RL issues I’m still stuck with Obsidian, haven’t really had time to play at all Frown You might have noticed that I haven’t had time to visit the forum much either.

I would like to try to get it done and join the next playthrough but I can’t promise anything, especially if you are starting it very soon. My timetable should be getting a bit easier now but I’m still much behind in many other things. Anyway there’s no chance for me to lead the Discworld in a while (though it is not ruled out for the future), but I can join it if someone else leads. I will try to join pretty much any other game too as soon as I’m done with Obsidian. (Perhaps not the Tex Murphy games since I played them quite recently and I need to play The Overseer and not these two)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Update

LAST DAY OF VOTING!!

zobraks - 07 September 2013 02:28 PM

Hey, it’s US Open semifinals day.

As far as I’m concerned, it is a Eurobasket week as well.  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top