• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

TimovieMan - 17 November 2013 07:47 AM
Oscar - 16 November 2013 11:03 PM

Solution: Play shorter games! Smile

I haven’t even been able to start Ted’s chapter in IHNMAIMS yet, so the length of the games is irrelevant. My gaming time has dropped to zero. Shorter games won’t solve that. Frown

Then try the other solution: Quit work, get a divorce and estrange yourself from your family. Perfect!

(and it’s only right for an AG forum mod to do so) Grin

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

diego - 18 November 2013 08:03 PM

No, this is Wanted aka Westerner (sequel to 3 Skulls of the Toltecs), and the sequel to it is called Fenimore Fillmore’s Revenge aka Westerner 2

You’re right, I see I have the older(?) Dreamcatcher version which is titled “Wanted: a <Wild> Western Adventure” but the product descriptions are identical. Foot in mouth

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Although I promoted it as not a Josh Mandel game, if FPFP gets a nod, I will do my best to get Josh involved. He and I have a “connection” with this game as we tried on several levels to put together a sequel.

So, I’m voting again for FPFP. That’s the Chicago way!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m probably okay with Wanted or Freddy Pharkas too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Okay, add me to FPFP because that’d be neat to play.

Also, add me to Inherit the Earth, may as well see what the deal is and put it behind me…

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Update:
Discworld: millenia, Iznogood, Karlok
Fahrenheit: icx, HandsFree
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), icx, wilco, Iznogood,
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: Sefir, HandsFree, wilco, RayB, diego (optional), Iznogood,
Mission Critical:
RAMA:
Inherit the Earth: (Lady Kestrel leader), rtrooney, HandsFree, chrissie, wilco, RayB, millenia, Iznogood, Toefur
Memoria: Sefir
Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist: rtrooney, zifnab, millenia, Toefur
Dreamfall: Sefir, icx, Toefur, RayB, Karlok
Spycraft: Sefir, Toefur, Karlok, diego, millenia
Dragonsphere: Sefir, Karlok, millenia
The 7th Guest: Sefir, RayB, millenia
The Cat Lady: (Sefir leader), icx, HandsFree, chrissie, wilco, RayB, millenia
Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure: (diego leader), millenia, Sefir
Sanitarium: Sefir, icx, toefur, millenia
Full Throttle:
Toonstruck: (diego leader), Sefir
Grim Fandango: (Sefir leader)

Up to this point, ITE begins strong with 9 votes, followed (unexpectingly) by the Cat Lady 2 votes behind. ITE is still leaderless however, as many other games.

rtrooney, while I love Josh Mandel humour, I really don’t like Al Lowe humour (for example, I rate the humour in CCS as 10/10 and in the LSL series around 3/10, with the Larry one a possible exception). Is FPFP a game suitable for me to play?

Kurufinwe - 18 November 2013 07:49 AM
Sefir - 18 November 2013 07:19 AM

And unfortunately, millenia was right. Sanitarium and Full Throttle are off the list as they already had their CPs in the past…

Why, though? Sanitarium was over 3 years ago, and Full Throttle 5 years ago. Most of the people who took part in them aren’t around anymore, and many current active members weren’t here back then (including yourself). If there’s someone who’s willing to lead the playthrough and several people interested in taking part (both of which are very much hypothetical at this point), then what’s wrong with revisiting a game? If the previous playthrough of the game is too fresh, then there won’t be many people interested in taking part in a new one and the votes will reflect that.

A reasonable statement. They are back on the list.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oh, what the hell, I’ll join Inherit the Earth! Foot in mouth

I’ll also lead Toonstruck.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL!

We should do the community playthrough in MO-O-O-O-ORSE

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Zifnab - 18 November 2013 08:17 PM

Then try the other solution: Quit work, get a divorce and estrange yourself from your family. Perfect!

Now that sounds tempting. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I got Inherit the Earth from GOG and played if for half an hour. I’m already bored stiff. I guess my fairy tale days are over. Sefir, please remove my name from the list.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 19 November 2013 08:44 AM
Zifnab - 18 November 2013 08:17 PM

Now that sounds tempting. Tongue

Too many sleepless nights, eh Tim?  Grin

If Inherit the Earth is chosen, I can lead the playthrough.  I’ve played it at least twice, but would need a bit of time to look at my notes and decide how to divide it up.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 19 November 2013 06:42 AM

rtrooney, while I love Josh Mandel humour, I really don’t like Al Lowe humour (for example, I rate the humour in CCS as 10/10 and in the LSL series around 3/10, with the Larry one a possible exception). Is FPFP a game suitable for me to play?

I’m surprised you haven’t played this. The humor is, to my thinking, mostly a Josh Mandel product. E.g., Freddy’s faithful Indian companion is not named Tonto, but Srini. While, again to my thinking, the story outline, plotting, puzzles etc. are an Al Lowe product.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 November 2013 11:23 AM

Actually, the nights are pretty decent, and I’m not as sleep-deprived as I thought I’d be. It’s the days that are restless. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 19 November 2013 06:20 PM
Lady Kestrel - 19 November 2013 11:23 AM

Actually, the nights are pretty decent, and I’m not as sleep-deprived as I thought I’d be. It’s the days that are restless. Smile

Ah, work!  I remember work.  Laughing

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I see that the Tex Murphy games are getting a few votes. AKA lots of votes! I wonder if it’s because we’ve all played them and replayed them so many times that this would be a walkthrough that would last three weeks. And then we can get onto better stuff.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top