• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Bonsai - 04 September 2013 03:58 PM

.Got the copyright issue answered and possibly got an exclusive at the same time Wink

You’re welcome.

Yeah, what a scoop, huh?! The amateur social scientist in me is suddenly curious to see how long before the news spread from our obscure corner of the net (or Harlan’s even-more-obscure one) to Twitter or GOG’s forums or wherever else people go for such stuff. Smile Harlan might have spilled some beans there that he shouldn’t have. Grin

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

TerminusEst - 04 September 2013 04:03 PM

Yeah, what a scoop, huh?! The amateur social scientist in me is suddenly curious to see how long before the news spread from our obscure corner of the net (or Harlan’s even-more-obscure one) to Twitter or GOG’s forums or wherever else people go for such stuff. Smile Harlan might have spilled some beans there that he shouldn’t have. Grin

well there was a comment on their post about the announcement tomorrow that makes it look likes it’s already been rumoured. might be that it’s been known for a while on Harlan’s site.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TerminusEst - 04 September 2013 03:37 PM

Stephen Kick is the guy who brought System Shock 2 back to life. In light of this, I suggest we do not do IHNMAIMS as a community playthrough at this time and wait for the (surely) upcoming version of IHNMAIMS that should be compatible with newer OS. Or at least news thereof. Or maybe pester Stephen Kick/Night Dive for details. Thoughts?

EDIT: Based on their facebook page, Night Dive are about to make a major announcement tomorrow. For all we know, they just might release an updated digital version of IHNMAIMS as soon as tomorrow!

I believe absolutely nothing until it happens (& if it does what a weird coincidence?)  but until then I will stick to my vote!

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

.Got the copyright issue answered and possibly got an exclusive at the same time Wink

You’re welcome.

Yeah, what a scoop, huh?

Why don’t you lighten up and stop being an ass.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Bonsai - 04 September 2013 04:28 PM

You’re welcome.

Yeah, what a scoop, huh?

Why don’t you lighten up and stop being an ass.

Well, that was uncalled for…

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TerminusEst - 04 September 2013 03:37 PM

Stephen Kick is the guy who brought System Shock 2 back to life. In light of this, I suggest we do not do IHNMAIMS as a community playthrough at this time and wait for the (surely) upcoming version of IHNMAIMS that should be compatible with newer OS. Or at least news thereof. Or maybe pester Stephen Kick/Night Dive for details. Thoughts?

EDIT: Based on their facebook page, Night Dive are about to make a major announcement tomorrow. For all we know, they just might release an updated digital version of IHNMAIMS as soon as tomorrow!

Karmillo - 04 September 2013 03:39 PM

is it possible for me to retract my vote for it?

TerminusEst - 04 September 2013 03:54 PM

Yes, I would like to do the same at least until Night Dive’s announcement tomorrow.

chrissie - 04 September 2013 04:27 PM

I believe absolutely nothing until it happens (& if it does what a weird coincidence?)  but until then I will stick to my vote!

I have to agree with chrissie on that. I see no guarantee at all, most players didn’t mention ANY problems in having IHNMAIMS running (as already said, it is easily emulated) and I have no purpose at all to remove the IHNMAIMS proposal from the voting list, especially since other people have voted for it and want to play it too as their next playthrough (and me being very negative in proposing it for a future playthrough for the Xth time).

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Update

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream: (Sefir leader), TimovieMan, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie, badlemon, RayB, Toefur
Discworld: Timovieman, Kurufinwe, Karmillo, Iznogood, Kasper F. Nielsen, chrissie (optional), Oscar, wilco
Fahrenheit: (Kurufinwe leader), TimovieMan, wilco
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon: (Sefir leader), Kurufinwe, Iznogood, wilco
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: (Iznogood leader), Sefir, wilco
Mission Critical: TimovieMan, Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TerminusEst
RAMA: (Zifnab leader), Iznogood, Sefir, Oscar
Inherit the Earth: Karmillo, Kurufinwe, TimovieMan, wilco, rtrooney, TerminusEst, RayB, zifnab
Memoria: (Iznogood leader), diego, Sefir

After the last day, IHNMAIMS lost 2 votes and that makes it a tripple tie between IHNMAIMS, Disc and ITE, all of them with 8 votes. Only one of them has a leader though..

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

That certainly answers the question to my satisfaction. I will not be downloading an abandonware version of the game. I also will not be paying sky-high prices for it either. Status of the CP seems to be up in the air re: IHNMAIMS. We’ll see what the news of the re-release brings. Perhaps more reasonable pricing and a digital download that is playable out-of-the-box.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Pretty much the same deal goes with Discworld. I don’t own a copy and the current inventory on the market is limited and too costly for my situation. Curious about the announcement so guess it won’t hurt to wait another day.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Night Dive posted this photo on facebook some time ago:

But they also posted this more recently:

Interested to see what tomorrow is about

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

RayB - 04 September 2013 08:24 PM

Pretty much the same deal goes with Discworld. I don’t own a copy and the current inventory on the market is limited and too costly for my situation. Curious about the announcement so guess it won’t hurt to wait another day.

This doesn’t seem to be a problem in the uk(I guess cause it was made here?), there seems to be plenty of copies on ebay at an affordable price. There’s even a bunch of the console versions too.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I see my response from Harlan about IHNMAIMS has made it to Night Dive Studio’s Facebook page via a poster….and tomorrow, Thursday, is GOG’s new game release day (or so I’m told).  Maybe…? but Grim would be awesome as well.

Night Dive Studios Facebook page

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It would also seem that there is a delay.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 04 September 2013 04:27 PM

Same for me.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Well, there you go.

http://www.gog.com/news/release_i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream

(I guess I may end up joining the playthrough.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top