• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

chrissie - 05 July 2016 02:03 PM
Oscar - 05 July 2016 01:35 PM

I’ll withdraw my vote for Dreamfall Chapters for 2 reasons:
1. From what I’ve read, it’s a simple and easy game and a CP isn’t really needed to guide the player through it.
2. Black Dahlia has been added, and we’re unlikely to have such a good opportunity to play this difficult and rare game together.

Hey Oscar, I never saw the CPT primarily as a means to guide a player through a game (you can use a walkthrough for that surely?) & more of a means of sharing your experience & discussing the different aspects of it especially as in this case there are variations to be had from alternative choices.

Good point. There’s already a 62 page thread on Dreamfall Chapters sharing those things.

Karlok - 05 July 2016 02:02 PM

I’m not sure if that means you’re voting for Black Dahlia?

In all fairness I can’t vote for it yet. I’ll need to find a copy and get it working first.

Advie - 05 July 2016 03:15 PM

and Oscar i like you man and still but you need to grow a bit, and take things more easy, go on ignore this comment, it doesnt really matter.

and thats all..

Thanks Advie. I hope one day you can actually participate in a CP, rather than just voting and disappearing whenever a CP starts.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sorry I haven’t been able to update the results for a couple of days, but here they are.

Please try to be more clear of whether or not you are actually voting for a game, or just making comments. Also try to avoid making conditional votes as they tend to mud up everything, expressing interest in a game and asking questions is of course fine, but please make up your mind before voting, or simply change your vote later if you change your mind - Thanks in advance.

Mikekelly - 01 July 2016 07:53 PM

Looks like Dreamfall: Chapters so far. I’m finishing up Kathy Rain and knee deep in Zero Time Dilemma as we speak so this is a maybe for me.

Does that mean that your vote and offer to lead Kathy Rain and Zero Effect 3 is a maybe / conditional vote?

SoccerDude28 - 02 July 2016 04:46 PM

Same here concerning Black Dhalia. I tried to install it before but couldn’t get it to run on windows 10. Any ideas how to get it to work?

Was that meant as a conditional vote for Black Dhalia?

zobraks - 05 July 2016 01:40 PM

Don’t forget who started it all:

zobraks - 02 June 2016 02:55 AM

I want to play Black Dahlia in 5 hours.

Was that meant as a vote for Black Dahlia?

Nominees and Votes:
The votes in brackets [] are those that are either unclear or conditional votes.

5 [8]: Black Dahlia
- Wilco (leader), Karlok, Diego, Crabapple, Sefir, [Rtrooney], [SoccerDude28], [Zobraks]

5: Dreamfall Chapters
- Iznogood (leader), Chrissie, Noddy, Giom, Sefir

4: Spycraft
- Diego (leader), Oscar, Karlok, Kabouter

3: Goetia
- Chrissie, Sefir, Iznogood

2 [3]: Kathy Rain
- [Mikekelly (leader)], Chrissie, Kabouter

2: Fran Bow
- Mikekelly (leader), Iznogood

2: Hotel Dusk
- Mikekelly (leader), Karlok

1: Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick
- Oscar

0 [1]: Zero Effect 3 -
- [Mikekelly (leader)]

Anybody is free to nominate or vote for whatever game they would like to play as the next community playthrough, just post the name of the game in this thread.

The voting will run for approximately 15 days, exact deadline will be posted later. If there is a tie at the end, a new vote will start between the tied games as agree upon in this thread.

First round: everyone can vote for multiple games

Second round in case of tie,
  - Only tied games are eligible for the vote
  - Anyone can vote (even people who did not vote during the first round)
  - People who voted for only one game during the first round retain their vote for that game but they can recast their vote another game if they so wish
  - People who voted for more than one game must vote again but only chose a single game.

In the unlikely event there’s still a tie, the leader of the thread or score keeper will decide the winner

Duration of rounds:

First round: 15 days
Second round: 5 days

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 05 July 2016 01:53 PM

I’ll withdraw too not because that DFC isn’t a great community playthrough, no its otherwise -when players get different scenarios and the fun of discussing them-  because these votings are getting too ridiculous .

They have indeed become ridiculous, but it would still be a shame if the CPT disappeared just because there are some who are hell bent on sabotaging the votes and/or are using this thread for their own twisted purposes.

I urge you to reconsider withdrawing your vote.

Edit:

Oscar - 05 July 2016 06:01 PM

Good point. There’s already a 62 page thread on Dreamfall Chapters sharing those things.

Not really - There is a 62 page thread following the development of the game and discussing some other aspects, like technical issues, performance and reviews, but it has nothing to do with the things normally being discussed in a CPT - Two entirely different things.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Ah, Iznogood is back! Smile Please remove my vote for Goetia. Thank you.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

its obvious it didnt take Karlok a min to post the results, seems she is happy she been able displease Izno from playing the game he wanted, hold your horses Lady, no need to disrespect anyone.

sorry Izno.

A couple of days, actually. No matter, what’s a couple of days or minutes among friends…

and Oscar i like you man and still but you need to grow a bit, and take things more easy, go on ignore this comment, it doesnt really matter.

and thats all..

Thanks Advie. I hope one day you can actually participate in a CP, rather than just voting and disappearing whenever a CP starts.

And telling other people in private that he is voting just for the hell of it (ha, ha) but has no intention whatsoever of participating.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

stop bi*chin around that never happened!

Thank you for understanding, but let me clarify one point?

all the time thru CPTs i have gotten the chance to participate twice for games i voted for, one was with diego (leader) and i went thru the game almost until the end and apologized there for not being able to finish it.

and the 2nd with Sefir (leader) and backed off out of decency, because i didnt like the game, and upon hinting this while the developer was around it sounded very rude so it was for the best.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 05 July 2016 09:05 PM

http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_exclamation.gif
stop bi*chin around that never happened!

Oh yes, it did happen! Remember your vote for Discworld?

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Plug in my vote for Black Dahlia. Even if I can’t get the game to work on my system, I can certainly contribute via my walkthrough experience. I hope to get it up and running via Karlok’s link.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Iznogood - 05 July 2016 07:37 PM

Was that meant as a conditional vote for Black Dhalia?

SoccerDude28 - 02 July 2016 04:46 PM

Same here concerning Black Dhalia. I tried to install it before but couldn’t get it to run on windows 10. Any ideas how to get it to work?

Sure put me down for Black Dhalia. I did not have the time yet to try making it work using wilco’s method, but I’ll get it to work somehow. If everything else fails, I have a Win XP computer collecting dust just for the sole purpose of playing old games like this one.

Also please add me to Dreamfall Chapters. I have bought it for really cheap in a sale, and have yet to play through it. I was waiting for all the chapters to be available so a community playthrough would be a good excuse to plow through it.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Actually, cancel my vote for Dreamfall Chapters. I have a big project coming up and won’t be able to participate end of july/august.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

By the time this vote ends you’ll finish your upcoming project and be free again, Giom.

Iznogood - 05 July 2016 07:37 PM
zobraks - 05 July 2016 01:40 PM

Don’t forget who started it all:

zobraks - 02 June 2016 02:55 AM

I want to play Black Dahlia in 5 hours.

Was that meant as a vote for Black Dahlia?

No, it was just a reminder.

I could vote for a game (Black Dahlia), let it win and then not play it (like so many voters do), but that’s not my style.

P.S. I don’t like votes.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 06 July 2016 03:31 AM

I… vote for a game (Black Dahlia)

He said it again!!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Does that mean that your vote and offer to lead Kathy Rain and Zero Effect 3 is a maybe / conditional vote?

No, my votes for Kathy Rain and Zero Effect 3 are firm, I am voting for those games.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I decided to read the thread about the tiebreaker rules. I now have a headache, but it was worth it: The duration of the first voting round was to be 10 days, not 15. And then Chrissie asked Timovieman for his opinion. http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/7601/P45/#107866

I’m perfectly ok with the proposition as it is. I only have some doubts about assigning a fixed length to the first voting round. It usually takes a couple of days to get going (and to get some game nominations in), and depending on the “vote keeper”, the round lasts until a specific date, or until no new votes have come in for a couple of days. Do we need to fix this? Or would a more general (flexible?) 10-14 days or so be better? Just thinking out loud here…

Timovieman was just thinking out loud here. Nobody responded to his post, nobody agreed or disagreed with it. Nothing else was said about the duration of the first round in the thread.

So, my dear giom, rtrooney, and Iznogood: It appears you good people got it wrong and/or are suffering from a bad memory. Where does the number 15 come from?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

It looks like the 15 days comes from giom’s post #45, but that includes the runoff.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/7601/P30

giom - 06 March 2016 02:33 PM

-  How long should the Voting be: (one week was too short, so it’s been changed 15 days with the first round lasting 10 days and the second round lasting 5 days)

It looks like someone didn’t finish reading the sentence when scanning the thread (oops).
Which means July 6 should be when the first vote ends? (if we start counting from June 26)
Someone check my math.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top