• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Jabod - 05 July 2016 09:06 AM

On checking my various spare licences I find I do have a copy of 64 bit 7 Pro available so I think I’ll wipe that PC and rebuild it accordingly and we’ll see what happens. Be an interesting exercise whatever the outcome Smile

The same Win7 licence code can normally activate both 32bit and 64bit versions (separately), so you could even try both! Laughing

Maybe interesting to try 32bit first if you think it was 64bit previously.
Cheers
Nod

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Noddy - 05 July 2016 09:27 AM
Jabod - 05 July 2016 09:06 AM

On checking my various spare licences I find I do have a copy of 64 bit 7 Pro available so I think I’ll wipe that PC and rebuild it accordingly and we’ll see what happens. Be an interesting exercise whatever the outcome Smile

The same Win7 licence code can normally activate both 32bit and 64bit versions (separately), so you could even try both! Laughing

Maybe interesting to try 32bit first if you think it was 64bit previously.
Cheers
Nod

Not in my experience Noddy. I have build discs that only need a genuine licence key (as opposed to the normal Windows disc that comes with PCs and is directly linked to a specific key) and have had to restart a build because I didn’t know whether the key was 32 bit or 64 bit and guessed incorrectly. This is only on 7 as I don’t have build discs for 8 or 10.

But, since it’s experimental anyway, why not try 32 bit first Smile If it fails it’s only an hour at most wasted.
Once I’ve started I’ll open a new thread with the results to save cluttering up this play-through thread with what is, after all, off topic stuff Innocent

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

I’ve been very busy lately, and after finishing Kathy Rain haven’t spent a lot of time with games. I’m probably going to be busy (redecorating) for a while, and I want to play through The Longest Journey and Dreamfall first, before tackling Dreamfall Chapters. So I wouldn’t take part in a playthrough for that game now, as playing two long games before the playthourhg started would be impossible.

I’ve already got Spycraft in my gog collection, and was tempted to join Diego and Karlok in the other thread. A CP might give me the push I need to start playing, so I vote for Spycraft.

You can also add a vote for Kathy Rain. As I already played it, it wouldn’t take much of my time to join in, and I’d like to discuss the game with others.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I want to make sure Red Thread is finished patching Dreamfall Chapters before I start playing it, so I’m not voting for it this time. I’d be interested CPT after this one though.

If Black Dahlia wins, I plan to use the computer I originally played Black Dahlia on—a 233MHz computer with Windows 98. It needed a new power supply earlier this year—wasn’t initializing its parts properly at boot—but is working fine with the new power supply. Black Dahlia is still installed on it from over 15 years ago. Not sure if I want to uninstall/reinstall or just go with what’s already there.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ll withdraw my vote for Dreamfall Chapters for 2 reasons:
1. From what I’ve read, it’s a simple and easy game and a CP isn’t really needed to guide the player through it.
2. Black Dahlia has been added, and we’re unlikely to have such a good opportunity to play this difficult and rare game together.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Don’t forget who started it all:

zobraks - 02 June 2016 02:55 AM

I want to play Black Dahlia in 5 hours.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I’ll withdraw too not because that DFC isn’t a great community playthrough, no its otherwise -when players get different scenarios and the fun of discussing them-  because these votings are getting too ridiculous .

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 05 July 2016 01:35 PM

1. From what I’ve read, it’s a simple and easy game and a CP isn’t really needed to guide the player through it.
2. Black Dahlia has been added, and we’re unlikely to have such a good opportunity to play this difficult and rare game together.

I’m not sure if that means you’re voting for Black Dahlia?

Nominees and Votes:

5 or 6: Black Dahlia
- wilco (leader), Karlok, diego, crabapple, Sefir, Oscar (?) (tentative votes not included)

5: Dreamfall Chapters
- Iznogood (leader), Chrissie, Noddy, Sefir, giom

3: Spycraft
- Diego (leader), Oscar, Karlok, kabouter

3: Goetia
- Chrissie, Karlok, Sefir

3: Kathy Rain
- Mikekelly (leader), Chrissie, kabouter

2: Fran Bow
- Mikekelly (leader), Iznogood

2: Hotel Dusk
- Mikekelly (leader), Karlok

1: Zero Effect 3
- Mikekelly (leader)

1: Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick
- Oscar

Anybody is free to nominate or vote for whatever game they would like to play as the next community playthrough, just post the name of the game in this thread.

The voting will run until 11 July. If there is a tie at the end, a new vote will start between the tied games as agree upon in this thread.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 05 July 2016 01:35 PM

Hey Oscar, I never saw the CPT primarily as a means to guide a player through a game (you can use a walkthrough for that surely?) & more of a means of sharing your experience & discussing the different aspects of it especially as in this case there are variations to be had from alternative choices. 

I have Black Dahlia but unless I switch computers (which is a hassle at the mo & the game still might prove to be unplayable) I just don’t have the time to ‘fiddle’ in the next month but I would dearly love to get the game to play Smile I may work on it in the hope I can get it set-up for a future CPT if it’s not chosen this time.  Smile

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

chrissie - 05 July 2016 02:03 PM

I have Black Dahlia but unless I switch computers (which is a hassle at the mo) the game still might prove to be unplayable - I would dearly love to get the game to work but I’m too busy in the next month to have enough time to ‘fiddle’! Smile I may work on it in the hope I can get it set-up for a future CPT if it’s not chosen this time.  Smile

I’ll be doing an update in the next few days regarding how I get on with XP Mode but I have discovered this in the meantime: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11060/create-an-xp-mode-for-windows7-home-versions-and-vista/

It may help others to install BD on their current machine.
Caveat. I haven’t tried it myself and I’m unlikely to have the time to do so in the near future.

PS
Chrissie. Your inbox is full Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok, you forgot Zobraks:

zobraks - 02 June 2016 02:55 AM

I want to play Black Dahlia

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jabod - 05 July 2016 02:18 PM

PS
Chrissie. Your inbox is full Smile

Yes, I’m a bit sloppy with my ‘housework’ - ‘spring-cleaning’ coming but meanwhile there’s some space there now Jabod!  Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its obvious it didnt take Karlok a min to post the results, seems she is happy she been able displease Izno from playing the game he wanted, hold your horses Lady, no need to disrespect anyone.

sorry Izno.

and Oscar i like you man and still but you need to grow a bit, and take things more easy, go on ignore this comment, it doesnt really matter.

and thats all..

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Just a little song to lighten up the mood, and remind us of those “beautiful” times when we had no playthroughs Grin Tongue

Imagine (there’s no playthrough)

Imagine there’s no playthrough
Playing all alone,
No choices upon us
Just pick the game you want
Imagine all the people
Playing for themselves… Aha-ah…

Imagine there’s no voting
Sorry Karlok, Sefir, Izno-good
No Zobraks, no offtopic
And no tiebreaker, too
Imagine all the people
Playing game in peace… Yoohoo, ooh

You may say I hate gamemasters
but I want to play as one
I hope someday you WON’T join,
And the game will be played by one

Imagine no playthrough chunks
Play without deadline
No need for hints or spoilers
You can take your time,
Imagine all the people
NOT sharing what they play… Yoohoo, ooh

You may say I hate gamemasters
but I want to play as one
I hope someday you WON’T join,
And the game will be played by one

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Good Diego.
well it might be me taking playing (adventure) too serious

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top