• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Oscar - 11 July 2016 11:26 PM
rtrooney - 11 July 2016 10:19 PM

And how do statements made on another thread in any way apply here?

And also, how do statements made here in any way apply to an actual CP? You don’t see a contradiction there?

No I don’t. As venomous as the comments have been here, and they have carried over to the tied game thread, I am sure that once the playthrough starts, those people participating in it will get along quite well.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rtrooney - 12 July 2016 11:20 PM
Oscar - 11 July 2016 11:26 PM
rtrooney - 11 July 2016 10:19 PM

And how do statements made on another thread in any way apply here?

And also, how do statements made here in any way apply to an actual CP? You don’t see a contradiction there?

No I don’t. As venomous as the comments have been here, and they have carried over to the tied game thread, I am sure that once the playthrough starts, those people participating in it will get along quite well.

I agree. So why cancel votes because of venom in this thread?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hmm, spycraft is on gog apparently, im going to try to be in.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Oscar - 12 July 2016 11:39 PM

I agree. So why cancel votes because of venom in this thread?

Because on the off chance things don’t go well, I don’t want to be part of it. I also didn’t vote for the winning game, and have no desire to play it. And finally, I have other life issues that take precedence.

Other than that, no reason. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Each post has a report function - so if we think it does not meet the forum guidelines we should report it.

Please - report a post before adding fuel to the fire. This forum belongs to all of us and we all have a responsibility for its content.

That said - we’ve had some really good CPTs - I can recall Scratches for example with the developer - a great time.

That said - Diego - lets post the “Spycraft” CPT which I will play in - not because I like the game, because CPTs are fun and should continue.

After that we’ll have another vote - even if I have to lead it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

It seems that the Spycraft community playthrough is winding down (with a whimper, not a bang). Would people be interested in starting a discussion on a new playthrough? I see that the voting last time around didn’t go super smoothly but the community playthrough is a great tradition and I’ve enjoyed participating in it whenever possible.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Winding down is a euphemism for death spiral. Last post was in November 2016. TimovieMan suggested that playthroughs such as this occasionally get a “second wind” and find a way to completion. Don’t see it happening here. Seeing as you opened the topic, the floor is yours.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rtrooney - 07 January 2017 07:35 PM

Winding down is a euphemism for death spiral. Last post was in November 2016. TimovieMan suggested that playthroughs such as this occasionally get a “second wind” and find a way to completion. Don’t see it happening here. Seeing as you opened the topic, the floor is yours.

For the Spycraft playthrough to get a “second wind” it would have needed a “first wind”. Even diego abandoned it because he was frustrated over the lack of posts. I don’t blame him.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fair enough. Let’s call it “unfinished”, and unsticky the thread then.

It’s not like it’s the first CPT not to make it to completion… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

rtrooney - 07 January 2017 07:35 PM

Well, let’s see. Here’re the games (other than Spycraft) that got more than one vote in the previous voting round: Black Dahlia, Dreamfall Chapters, Goetia, Hotel Dusk, Kathy Rain. Would y’all be excited to play any of these? Any CPT leaders willing to step up for these games? Any other suggestions? Personally, I would love to do Kathy Rain.

I have any number of games I’d love to see in a CPT on my to-play list but those are useless without a leader. I recently played Cognition and can probably lead a CPT if necessary. But Cognition was part of the AG Challenge a year ago. And besides, in all honesty, at this point of time, I would prefer to sit back and enjoy playing something fresh.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Of the games mentioned I think you need to scratch Black Dahlia from the list. It’s not available on either GOG or Steam. And if you have the original game, as I do, lots of luck getting it to play on modern equipment. I’ve tried and have never succeeded in getting it to run.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 08 January 2017 12:39 PM

Of the games mentioned I think you need to scratch Black Dahlia from the list. It’s not available on either GOG or Steam. And if you have the original game, as I do, lots of luck getting it to play on modern equipment. I’ve tried and have never succeeded in getting it to run.

I have the game too & couldn’t get it to run either!

I would be interested in playing Kathy Rain in a CPT!  Smile

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

What a shame - it will be the 70th anniversary of the Black Dahlia murder next Sunday, so it would have been great timing.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished the game. Our CPT leaders need to be much more involved in future CPTs.

I vote for Hotel Dusk, Kathy Rain.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Anyone tried this procedure with Black Dahlia?

He uses DXWnd
https://www.play-old-pc-games.com/compatibility-tools/using-dxwnd/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top