• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

As per my post on the tie-breaker thread, I’ve more serious issues to deal with than the current playthrough. If Black Dahlia wins, I will participate via my walkthrough. I just don’t have time right now to get things working. If you want to delete my vote because I won’t actually be playing the game, that’s fine. I’ll still be participating as a non-player.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 08 July 2016 07:30 PM

Does that mean you withdraw all your votes?

If I’d wanted to cancel my votes, I would have said so.

You can add your name to the BD votes, but that won’t work either.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 08 July 2016 02:36 AM

Please remove all my votes. I doubt a successful   AGCP can take place under these circumstances (I really hope so though). I’ll be back when the spirit around here gets better.

I’m afraid I will have to agree with you Embarassed
I really love to participate in these CPT, but doing so in such a toxic and troll infested environment seems like a fool’s errand, and sucks all the joy out of it.
So I will also have to remove all my own votes.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Nominees and Votes:

6: Black Dahlia
- Wilco (leader), Diego, Crabapple, Rtrooney, SoccerDude28, Karlok

5: Spycraft
- Diego (leader), Oscar, Kabouter, Lady Kestrel, Karlok

3: Dreamfall Chapters
- Chrissie, Noddy, SoccerDude28

3: Kathy Rain
- Mikekelly (leader), Chrissie, Kabouter

2: Goetia
- Chrissie, Zane

2: Hotel Dusk
- Mikekelly (leader), Karlok

1: Fran Bow
- Mikekelly (leader)

1: Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick
- Oscar

1: Zero Effect 3 -
- Mikekelly (leader)

Anybody is free to nominate or vote for whatever game they would like to play as the next community playthrough, just post the name of the game in this thread.

The voting will run until the 11th of July 24:00 CEST. If there is a tie at the end, a new vote will start between the tied games as agree upon in this thread.

First round: everyone can vote for multiple games

Second round in case of tie,
  - Only tied games are eligible for the vote
  - Anyone can vote (even people who did not vote during the first round)
  - People who voted for only one game during the first round retain their vote for that game but they can recast their vote another game if they so wish
  - People who voted for more than one game must vote again but only chose a single game.

In the unlikely event there’s still a tie, the leader of the thread or score keeper will decide the winner

Duration of rounds:

First round: 15 days
Second round: 5 days

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 10 July 2016 02:40 AM

Please remove all my votes. I doubt a successful   AGCP can take place under these circumstances (I really hope so though). I’ll be back when the spirit around here gets better.

I really love to participate in these CPT, but doing so in such a toxic and troll infested environment seems like a fool’s errand, and sucks all the joy out of it.

Not sure I understand. There have always been arguments. I think the current ones have been particularly bad, but I wouldn’t call them toxic. If that were the case, then the whole thing might as well shut down. Why not take the opposite tack. I.e. These are the games I want to play, and if one of them wins, I’m going to play it regardless of the crap that’s going on. Otherwise you are admitting that the trolls got the better of you. Whatever you decide.

I’m going to try to play BD, if it wins, in a limited capacity.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Iznogood - 10 July 2016 02:40 AM

I’ll just point out that the toxic environment was started by yourself, when you decided to take a complaint personally.

There’s nothing wrong with complaints. The complaints lasted for 1 day. The complaints about complaints have lasted how long? 2 weeks? That is where the trolling has come from. Let it go already and let’s get on with it. This passive-aggressive “I’m not participating if I’m going to be criticised” is childish.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

@Oscar: This didn’t turn toxic overnight but is something that has been going on for a very long time, for more than a year perhaps even two years, and I might add something that the moderators has allowed to happen, by turning the blind eye to it.

@rtrooney: If the price of participating in the CPT is that trolls are free to post slanderous lie after lie about you and twist and turn everything you write, then it is simply not worth it. So far the actual playthroughs has been free of this trolling, but it has reached a level where I’m not convinced they will continue to be so, and participating under those circumstances is simply not any fun.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 11 July 2016 04:25 AM

If the price of participating in the CPT is that trolls are free to post slanderous lie after lie about you and twist and turn everything you write, then it is simply not worth it. So far the actual playthroughs has been free of this trolling, but it has reached a level where I’m not convinced they will continue to be so, and participating under those circumstances is simply not any fun.

Who are those trolls? Are you talking about me?
What slanderous lies have been posted about you?

Take a good look at yourself for once. Recent example: You twisted and turned what I and others said to a newcomer in the giveaway thread, I’m sure you remember. We didn’t believe he was amazed at our reaction and you turned that into not believing what he said about the free game not being the only reason for posting. You called us “rude, distrustful, cynical, misanthropic, insulting”. You’re contributing a lot to what you called a toxic environment.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Same here, this CPT has turned too confrontational for my taste. The C in CPT is community, and there is certainly a lack of in this thread, so I would also like my votes to be removed.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Karlok - 11 July 2016 05:01 AM

Recent example: You twisted and turned what I and others said to a newcomer in the giveaway thread, I’m sure you remember. We didn’t believe he was amazed at our reaction and you turned that into not believing what he said about the free game not being the only reason for posting. You called us “rude, distrustful, cynical, misanthropic, insulting”. You’re contributing a lot to what you called a toxic environment.

And at the end it was as we suspected, they only had joined to get free games, they never appeared again.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And how do statements made on another thread in any way apply here?

This is nuts. You might as well pull my vote as well. I certainly have other issues going on with my grand-daughter. But I was looking forward to jerryrigging a way to play BD. Doesn’t seem that will happen.

The whole AGCPT thread seems to be imploding.

Maybe it will resurface sometime in the future. But, considering the current cross-thread animus, I don’t see that happening in the near future.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rtrooney - 11 July 2016 10:19 PM

And also, how do statements made here in any way apply to an actual CP? You don’t see a contradiction there?

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The voting has closed and the winner with 5 votes is Spycraft.
Congratulations and good luck.

The Final Tally:

5: Spycraft
- Diego (leader), Oscar, Kabouter, Lady Kestrel, Karlok

4: Black Dahlia
- Wilco (leader), Diego, Crabapple, Karlok

3: Kathy Rain
- Mikekelly (leader), Chrissie, Kabouter

2: Dreamfall Chapters
- Chrissie, Noddy

2: Goetia
- Chrissie, Zane

2: Hotel Dusk
- Mikekelly (leader), Karlok

1: Fran Bow
- Mikekelly (leader)

1: Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick
- Oscar

1: Zero Effect 3 -
- Mikekelly (leader)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 11 July 2016 10:19 PM

Have you read Iznogood’s sig which he already carried before my post? But I guess the cross-thread animus he displays is fine with you because he’s one of your buddies.

Once upon a time this forum was troll free and people would debate freely in a civilized manner and in mutual respect!
- Yeah, I know, it sounds unbelievable, but that was actually the case until only a few years ago.

The whole AGCPT thread seems to be imploding.

Maybe it will resurface sometime in the future. But, considering the current cross-thread animus, I don’t see that happening in the near future.

I’m much more worried about AG’s future after Marek’s statement on the front page.

Iznogood - 12 July 2016 12:31 AM

The voting has closed and the winner with 5 votes is Spycraft.
Congratulations and good luck.

Thanks, Iznogood. I wish you luck finding a forum where your civilized manner and respect for people as shown in your sig will be appreciated.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think Marek points out some obvious routes. The most obvious is to stay the course and hope that things improve on their own. The other is to find outside funding to provide for professional management with the intent of increasing the asset value of the property.

It may have been two years ago, maybe longer that Jack posted a similar message. But that time he was opening the possibility of member support. That went pretty much nowhere.

As for all the invective, I only see it in two threads. This one and the tie-break thread. The latter is the one I have to bear the guilt of having started. Wipe those two threads off the map, and the rest of the environment seems quite calm.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top