• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You can’t get the rapier, diego. It’s down there with Jamison, you’re up here all by yourself.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> swing from rope again

Maybe it’ll work this time. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Good girl! Brave too.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>swing on chandelier
“Aaieeee!” The cry comes uncalled to your lips as you swoop down from the balcony, petticoats flying, on the end of the rope.
  Your timing is perfect: you slam into Lafond just as he steps into his lunge. His rapier stabs wildly, piercing Nicholas’s shoulder, missing his heart. You and Lafond roll into a snowball of petticoats and brocade, dropping everything between you.

Nicholas shouts, from far away, “Let me go! Let me deliver Lafond to a ‘better’ world.”
  “A gentleman can’t kill an unconscious man!” That is Papa’s voice. “And you’re in no shape to continue, Nicholas. Rodney—help my daughter. I’ll take Nick.”
  Cookie leans over you. “We must get back to the ship, Miss. Dragoons surround the house.” Nicholas, injured but still arguing, is already on the veranda, half-forced, half-supported by your father, shadowed by Lucy. Cookie helps you to your feet and rushes after them, expecting you to follow. Lafond lies nearby, apparently unconscious.

Ballroom
  Lafond, his wig awry, sprawls across the parquet floor.
  You can see a jewelled brooch, a bit of mirror, a cotton frock, a flower, breeches, a shirt, a powder horn, a large key, a flagon and a silver tray here.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> get all
> follow papa

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>GET ALL
Taken.

>S
Veranda

>S
Lawn

>D
Beach
  Cookie, Lucy and your father are moving towards the skiff.
  Nicholas stands alone at one edge of the beach. He has a rapier.
  You splash into the rising surf and pain needles up your leg. Blood swirls out from your shoe in the shallow water, flowing over a small pointed stone.
  A shot rings out over the roar of the surf. Turning, you see that Lafond stands at the top of the cliff, a pistol in each hand. “Trying to sneak out the back, cowards? You will die like your brother, Falcon. Snivelling for mercy.” He hands one gun to Crulley, standing nearby, and levels the other at Jamison.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

hide behind stone

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> stand in front of Jamison
> x beach
> x Jamison
> x Lafond
> x Crulley

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>HIDE BEHIND STONE
You can’t hide there.
  As the gun fires, Cookie throws himself before his captain. He cries out, blood blossoming on his shoulder, and falls face first into the sand. Lucy runs to him.
  Jamison yells up the cliff, brandishing his sword. “Fight like a man, Lafond. You have drawn my blood once tonight—let me draw yours.”
  Lafond sneers. “On one condition. If I win, your lady comes to me. You will have no need of her when you are dead.”
  Nicholas stiffens, glances at the dragoons on the cliff above, and turns slowly to you. He says nothing, his face hard, but his eyes tell you what you want to know. “Answer, my darling. Yes or no?”

>STAND IN FRONT OF JAMISON
Don’t bother.
  Lafond calls down to you, “My pretty doxy, do make up your mind. Yes or no?”

>X BEACH
Beach
  This is a tiny beach, at the base of vine-covered cliffs. To the east, the Helena Louise floats serenely on the lagoon. Halfway out to the ship is a skiff crowded with men; another skiff sits on the sand.
  Immediately north of you, a rocky staircase is hewn into the cliff. A sizable number of dragoons huddle at the top.
  Crulley stands with the dragoons.
  Lafond stands halfway up the cliff stairs.
  Lucy cleans the sand from Quick’s quiescent face, as Papa stands nearby.
  Nicholas stands alone at one edge of the beach. He has a rapier.
  You can see a stone here.
  Lafond cries, “No deal then. Take them, men!” The dragoons pour down the cliff.

***  You have died   ***

Oh dear. Too bad! Foot in mouth

Well, thanks for playing guys, it’s been a pleasure. Too bad you couldn’t win. Maybe next time, huh? 

***THREAD CLOSED***

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How about…

> throw stone at Lafond

?

Or just answer “Yes” to the question.

Edit: when was the last time we saved the game? Tongue

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

A pirate always remembers to save. Wink

>GET STONE
Taken.
  As the gun fires, Cookie throws himself before his captain. He cries out, blood blossoming on his shoulder, and falls face first into the sand. Lucy runs to him.
  Jamison yells up the cliff, brandishing his sword. “Fight like a man, Lafond. You have drawn my blood once tonight—let me draw yours.”
  Lafond sneers. “On one condition. If I win, your lady comes to me. You will have no need of her when you are dead.”
  Nicholas stiffens, glances at the dragoons on the cliff above, and turns slowly to you. He says nothing, his face hard, but his eyes tell you what you want to know. “Answer, my darling. Yes or no?”

>YES
You have no breath to speak. You nod once, never taking your eyes off Nicholas Jamison.
  Nicholas looks determined. “I accept. So long as my people go free if I win. Order your dragoons to obey us, then.” In answer, Lafond jumps off the cliff like a huge brocaded bat to land in front of Captain Jamison. “Die then, fool!”
  The pistol, spinning from Lafond’s grip, drops to the sand nearby.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

What kind of crap is this part of the game? No, seriously! If Lafond wins the duel, he can do as he pleases with you, so why ask Jamison for “his lady”. And what kind of fool asks you if you agree to a horrible fate in the hands of Lafond. Jamison could even say YES without consulting you. You could hold that against him later, I suppose, but sheesh I really think this part is idiotic.

EDIT: Oscar, I now know what to do with the garter we never got. Smile

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 28 April 2016 09:36 AM

What kind of crap is this part of the game? No, seriously! If Lafond wins the duel, he can do as he pleases with you, so why ask Jamison for “his lady”. And what kind of fool asks you if you agree to a horrible fate in the hands of Lafond. Jamison could even say YES without consulting you. You could hold that against him later, I suppose, but sheesh I really think this part is idiotic.

Maybe so, but it’s based on hundreds of hours of research about pirates and remote island governor tyrants and their shared honor system. Thumbs Up

EDIT: Oscar, I now know what to do with the garter we never got. Smile

What? Don’t keep me in suspense!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It leads to a slightly different ending. I’ll post it later, when we’ve finished.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 28 April 2016 09:45 AM

Maybe so, but it’s based on hundreds of hours of research about pirates and remote island governor tyrants and their shared honor system. Thumbs Up

And the woo by a dashing pirate! Don’t forget the dashing pirate!

BTW, Lafond is too forgiving for a villain. He’s becoming my favorite character. I’d say “Yes” anyway. Heart Eyes

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top