• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> x Jamison
> free Jamison

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>X JAMISON
Eyes closed, his skin with the pallor of death, Nick looks entirely spent.
  Sounds of scraping hook against stone and curses echo out of the well.

>FREE JAMISON
He doesn’t respond.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> x shackles
> open shackles
> kick Crulley in the face if he reaches the top Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>X MANACLES
Nicholas is spread-eagled against the wall, shackled in the pair of manacles.
  Sounds of scraping hook against stone and curses echo out of the well, muffled by the trapdoor.

>OPEN MANACLES
It isn’t that easy.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 27 April 2016 05:16 AM

You know, the game is almost edutainment. I must admit I had to look up a few words like bowsprit, folly, flagon, missive, doxy and a few others. And now I learn that jasmine flowers are white! (yes, poor Oscar isn’t too sharp, to put it bluntly!) But he makes up for it with smashing good looks… Cool

Dashingly smashing. Smile

edit: Is this the reticule (in blue)? Mine didn’t have it either (I didn’t buy it new).

I have no memory of the color blue and the velvet, I thought it was brown or black, but I’m sure my memory is wrong if that’s the pic on the box.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Can you take the hook from Crulley?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 27 April 2016 10:43 AM

LOL, genius!

And then use that to open the manacles. Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 27 April 2016 10:57 AM
wilco - 27 April 2016 10:43 AM

LOL, genius!

And then use that to open the manacles. Tongue

That what I was thinking, pointy object in adventure games usually open locks Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nope.

> get hook
> What an odd thing to attempt.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The brooch?
Unlock manacles with brooch?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>UNLOCK MANACLES WITH BROOCH
You twist the pin of the jewelled brooch in the locks, quickly freeing Nicholas. He falls in a faint at your feet.

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

Oscar - 27 April 2016 06:58 AM

I think many of those words are no longer in use. Apparently the creator, Amy Briggs, did a lot of research into 17th century piracy history. So don’t feel bad!

Indeed. According to the text on the back of the box, “To create this exotic adventure, author Amy Briggs read hundreds of romance novels, researched 17th century costumes and ships, and was wooed by a dashing pirate.”

I can’t help feeling that the last bit might be a slight exaggeration, though. Wink

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

Karlok - 27 April 2016 03:53 AM

EDIT: I tried to Google the reticule, didn’t find anything except at ebay. I could have sworn my reticule didn’t look like that at all…

Mine looks like this.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

eriktorbjorn - 27 April 2016 02:14 PM

Mine looks like this.

Yours looks like the one in Oscar’s pic and the one I found on ebay. Must be correct.

Indeed. According to the text on the back of the box, “To create this exotic adventure, author Amy Briggs read hundreds of romance novels, researched 17th century costumes and ships, and was wooed by a dashing pirate.”

I can’t help feeling that the last bit might be a slight exaggeration, though. Wink

I’d say the rest was more than a bit exaggerated as well. She may have read a few romance novels for her own enjoyment, but costumes? Frock, breeches, shirt, chamise, gown, wig. Pffff. She had to research ships to come up with fore, aft, quarterdeck, and crow’s nest?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 27 April 2016 05:16 AM

I must admit I had to look up a few words like bowsprit, folly, flagon, missive, doxy and a few others.

I can always tell when someone has never read an Agatha Christie novel.  Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top