• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oh that is terrible, somebody do something to that bastard, I can’t watch this, I’m joining in Tongue

>spit on Lafond
>kick Lafond in the nuts
>hit Lafond with the tray
>hit Lafond with the goblet
>hit Lafond with the flagon
>throw spices at Lafond eyes

Do we have anything else? Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Restored.

“Welcome, ma petite.” Lafond bows you in.

Lafond’s Bedroom
  Lafond’s bedroom shows all the outpourings of his megalomania. Royal hues of purple and gold weigh down the hangings on the bed and the eastward window, as if trying to smother the moonbeam shining in.
  Lafond is leering, lip curled.
  A lace-covered table crouches beside a wing-backed chair in one corner. Sitting on the table is a green goblet, a blue goblet and a flagon.
  “Have some wine.” Lafond pours wine into two glasses, giving a blue one to you. “Drink this down. We have a long night ahead of us.” He drains his own.

>

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

If you attack Lafond more than once this is what happens…

>KICK LAFOND
Lafond grabs your hair and pulls your head sharply back, clinching your arms to your sides. Twisting your wrist, pain stabbing down your arm, he forces his mouth on yours, hard, thrusting, cutting your lips. He releases you. “Let that be a warning to you, my love.”
  Lafond waits impatiently for you to drink.

>HIT LAFOND
Lafond hits you back. The end is not sweet and not fast.

***  You have died   ***

Blowing the spices is a good idea but we don’t have those yet. Try it later!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Didn’t Karlok get the spices earlier?

Edit; Ah wait, the restore is earlier. right?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ok, I’ve read the last pages better. I think we still have the Laudanum, right?

>X Blue Globlet
>X Lafond
>Pour bottle on blue goblet?
>wait
>get spices?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 25 April 2016 05:54 AM

If you attack Lafond more than once this is what happens…

And you can’t be more specific with HOW you want to hit Lafond? Because several of the things wilco mentioned are valid weapons, imo.

Especially the spices, we have to rub those in his eyes!

Yeah, the laudanum in his wine sounds like a plan.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 25 April 2016 06:40 AM

And you can’t be more specific with HOW you want to hit Lafond? Because several of the things wilco mentioned are valid weapons, imo.

Take it from me, they won’t work. Frown

Especially the spices, we have to rub those in his eyes!

Yeah, the laudanum in his wine sounds like a plan.

Go for it!

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Okay, let’s try Timovieman’s plan.

>DRINK WINE
You empty the blue goblet of wine.
  “Good girl,” he says, “Let’s see more cooperation of this sort.”
  Suddenly, the door slams open. It is Jamison, coatless, sword bared, his shirt ripped. “Thank God I am not too late. Leave, darling, before I skewer this dog to his bedposts,” he cries. The scar on his cheek gleams coldly.
  With a yell, Crulley and the butler jump out of the darkness behind him. Nicholas struggles, but soon lies unconscious on the floor.
  “Take him to the dungeon,” Lafond says, setting down his glass. “You, butler, stay nearby. I do not wish to be disturbed again.
  “Now that we are rid of that intrusion, cherie, I will change into something more comfortable. Pour me more wine.” He crosses to the wardrobe removing his coat and vest, turned slightly away from you.

>POUR WINE IN GREEN
You fill the green goblet with wine.
  “In private, call me Jean, or whatever endearment you choose, once I have approved it.” Lafond is looking into the wardrobe.

>PUT LAUDANUM IN GREEN
You squeeze three colorless drops into the green goblet. You sense Lafond hesitate, then continue primping.
  The butler enters, laying a silver tray of cold chicken on the table. “The kitchen wench has gone, your grace. I took the liberty of fetching these myself.” He bows and leaves the room.
  “Sprinkle some spices on the fowl, ma petite,” Lafond says, donning a long brocade robe, his back to you. “They are hot, but delicious.”

>Z
Time passes…
  “Tsk. The cook has gone too far. She shall be ‘leaving us’ tomorrow.” Lafond adjusts the lace at his neck.

>Z
Time passes…
  Lafond strolls to the table smiling slyly. “But you haven’t finished pouring the wine.” He tops off both glasses. “Which glass was mine? I seem to have forgotten.” He points at the green goblet and smiles in a way that does not grant you confidence. “Is this it?”

>YES
You nod.
  “Ah yes, of course.” Lafond obligingly takes the green goblet.
  He inhales deeply of the bouquet of his wine, then turns to you. “You must think me very naive to fall for such a trick. I saw you pour something into one of these glasses—although I cannot smell it.” He switches goblets, setting the green goblet into your nerveless grasp and taking up the other, smiling evilly. “Now you will drink from the cup intended for me.”

>NO
You shake your head, teeth clenched.
  “Drink. We must not waste all night.” Lafond pushes the glass toward your mouth.

>NO
You shake your head, teeth clenched.
  Lafond grows suddenly violent. “I will not have insubordination. You shall cooperate, minx.” He forces the quantity of wine down your throat.
  Lafond takes the leather bottle and drops it out the window. “You shall not need this. You may suffer no headaches in my employ.”
  He lifts his glass to drink, but stops. “Your father, for all his idiotic meddling in other people’s business, is not a fool. I doubt you are, either.” He calls in the butler, ordering him to empty the blue goblet. The man reports no odd taste and returns to his post.

>GET SPICES
You take a pinch of spices between your thumb and forefinger.
  Lafond draws near, whispering indecencies. He caresses your lily white neck, his fingers ice-cold despite the tropic heat.

>BLOW SPICES AT LAFOND
You blow the spices off your fingertips, directly into Lafond’s face. He sneezes, his eyes watering from the heat of the peppers. Reaching blindly for some wine, he instead upsets the table, shattering a glass. Lafond stumbles cursing out of the room, in search of relief.
  Your face convulses in a prodigious yawn.

>Z
Time passes…
  You stare into space for a long, thoughtless moment. It seems very hard to think, you think, but you aren’t sure.

>Z
Time passes…
  Your eyes are extraordinarily dry. You blink to moisten them, and snort awake a minute later, drool dripping down your chin.

>Z
Time passes…
  Sleep overtakes you and you slump into unconsiousness.
  You wake at sunrise. The governor of St. Sinistra provides you with food and shelter; at least, until he grows tired of your body and your presence.

***    You have suffered
    a fate worse than death ***

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

We’re making good progress. Smile
Let’s do it again, but better.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It seems it’s a battle of wits

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 25 April 2016 03:40 PM

It seems it’s a battle of wits

LOL! How do you clever people always manage to find appropriate videos…

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

What happens if you pour into the blue cup?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

or put spices AND laudanum on chicken?!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

If you pour wine and laudanum in the blue goblet, the same thing happens (he asks which glass is his and then gets you to drink from it, while he drinks from the other).

If you put the laudanum on the chicken then he catches you:
>PUT LAUDANUM ON CHICKEN
Lafond bounds to your side, grabbing the leather bottle out of your hand before you can use it. “What have we here? Trying to poison yourself? Or me?” He throws it out the shutters.

You can, however, put laudanum on the spice. But Lafond doesn’t eat the chicken, so putting the spice on it doesn’t do anything.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 25 April 2016 04:24 PM

LOL! How do you clever people always manage to find appropriate videos…

If you haven’t seen The Princess Bride, then I urge you to watch it. It’s an absolute classic, and you’ll be quoting it for the rest of your life. Wink

Oscar - 25 April 2016 10:46 PM

If you pour wine and laudanum in the blue goblet, the same thing happens (he asks which glass is his and then gets you to drink from it, while he drinks from the other).

Don’t we need to fill both cups?
And maybe, in Princess Bride style, poison them both?

The game came out the same year as the movie, it could be a reference.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top