• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Where’s Crulley when you need him. We know the croc likes his flesh, we could distract it with Crulley.

Eh… Oscar? No peeping, Timovieman! I think we should restore the savedgame Timovieman provided us with. Unless you know another solution, like with the butler and the invitation.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

Can i join?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 21 April 2016 04:50 PM

Where’s Crulley when you need him. We know the croc likes his flesh, we could distract it with Crulley.

Eh… Oscar? No peeping, Timovieman! I think we should restore the savedgame Timovieman provided us with. Unless you know another solution, like with the butler and the invitation.

Yeah, I don’t know of another solution. Also, can you remember if we need the garter? Can we go back for it after rescuing papa?

GrahamDaventry - 21 April 2016 05:04 PM

Can i join?

Yep.

Timovieman, do you want to do something else with the pork? I’ve restored to before throwing it to the croc.

Anteroom
  Two exits lead from this cavernous room, north and south. The walls drip with wet, forming a huge pool on the floor.
  The crocodile lies half in the pool, gazing at you, with baleful eyes, jaws wide open. Dagger-sharp teeth glint in the torchlight.

>I
You have a large key, a powder horn, your reticule (hanging from your wrist), a shirt, breeches, a flower, a cotton frock, a bit of mirror, a leather bottle, a jewelled brooch and a slab of pork. It seems that your reticule contains a missive, smelling salts and a banknote. You are wearing a beautiful ball gown, your kid slippers and a linen chemise.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Please do join, the more the merrier. Timovieman in particular will be glad of your company. He has to solve all puzzles by himself.

Oscar, I don’t think so. I saved dad before going to the ballroom and plain forgot to show him the garter. He goes to fetch Lucy anyway.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hey, I expected a death scene here!!!

Since the pork didn’t work, and since we have laudanum in our inventory:

> use laudanum on pork
> throw pork to crocodile
> wait (x2/x3?)
> s

Edit: yes, Graham, please join!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 21 April 2016 06:48 PM

Nope, you need to work harder for your deaths! Smile

>PUT LAUDANUM ON PORK
You squeeze three colorless drops onto the slab of pork. A patch of salt dissolves as the laudanum absorbs into the meat.

>THROW PORK TO CROCODILE
The crocodile snaps its jaws shut as the slab of pork disappears into its maw.

>WAIT
Time passes…
  With an inaudible creak, the crocodile’s mouth opens again.

>WAIT
Time passes…
  Without warning, the crocodile relaxes, eyes closed, asleep.

>S
You edge past the reptile.

Dungeon
  You sense, rather than see, the rusty skeletons of old cages and torture devices that line the walls of this cavernous room. One flaming torch, high on a wall, casts mad licks of light into the darkness. Passages lead north and west. Set deep in the rocky floor is a closed trapdoor.
  A pair of manacles hangs from iron chains attached high on the wall.

>X TORCH
The torch is flickering madly in the breeze.

>X TRAPDOOR
You can only tell that the trapdoor is closed.

>X MANACLE
A pair of manacles hangs from iron chains attached high on the wall.

>GET TORCH
You can’t reach the torch. Ladies don’t carry them anyway.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 21 April 2016 06:48 PM

Nope, you are too smart to approach the croc or do anything stupid like kick him. But I’ll give you another death scene:

> drink laudanum
> You squeeze three colorless drops into your mouth.
> z
> Time passes… your face convulses in a prodigious yawn.
> z
> Time passes… you stare into space for a long, thoughtless moment. It seems very hard to think, you think, but you aren’t sure.
> z
> Time passes… your eyes are extraordinarily dry. You blink to moisten them, and snort awake a minute later, drool dripping down your chin.
> z
> Time passes… sleep overtakes you and you slump into unconsciousness. You wake at sunrise, too late to save your father or his friend Jamison. The governor of St. Sinistra provides you with food and shelter; at least, until he grows tired of your body and your presence.

*** You have suffered a fate worse than death ***

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 21 April 2016 07:23 PM

> drink laudanum

I know, I tried that as soon as we got the laudanum back on the ship. Wink

> open trapdoor
> x trapdoor

> w
> x everything

Come to think of it: is it a bad thing that we haven’t yet explored the west wing of the mansion, and didn’t go back to talk to the lady in the kitchen?
Those were on the “to do” list before I got carried away with the whole “secret passageway in the library” thing…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>OPEN TRAPDOOR
The door creaks open to reveal a black well, water hushing deep within.

>X WELL
You can only tell that the trapdoor is open.

>LOOK IN WELL
You smell salt water and mold, but you can see nothing.

>W
Corner
  This short passage turns from east to north to stop abruptly at an iron door.

>X DOOR
It is closed.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 22 April 2016 02:39 AM

I know, I tried that as soon as we got the laudanum back on the ship. Wink

So you did… I forgot.
Here’s a short death scene we haven’t seen yet.

> enter trapdoor
> You start to climb down the well, but lose your footing on the slimy rock. The fall to the bottom of the well is endless: you’ve lost consciousness by the time the water overtakes you.

*** You have died ***

Come to think of it: is it a bad thing that we haven’t yet explored the west wing of the mansion, and didn’t go back to talk to the lady in the kitchen?

I don’t think so.

EDIT: Wow, Oscar, I love your sleeping croc!  Cool

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> use large key on door
> open door
> n

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 22 April 2016 05:56 AM

EDIT: Wow, Oscar, I love your sleeping croc!  Cool

My grues are even better! (if we ever get round to playing Zork) Cool

>UNLOCK DOOR WITH KEY
Unlocked.

>OPEN DOOR
Opened.

>N
Cell
  Hewn from dense rock, the cell is a stagnant burrow. Except for the tiniest glow of light from the torch two rooms away, it is pitch black.
  As you enter, a tall bony man moves out of the darkness. “Papa,” you cry, rushing into his arms.
  “Why, hullo, my dear.” He hugs you tightly. “Nick certainly took his time about fetching you.”

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> x dad
> talk to dad about lafond
> talk to dad about jamison
> talk to dad about crulley
> kiss dad

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

A touching reunion! Here’s dad’s reacton when you wear the boy’s clothes instead of the gown:

He squints in horror at your clothes. “I have always found the London fashions quite abominable.”

And if you strip down to your chemise, papa adds: “Aren’t you a trifle cold?”

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>X DAD
Prison has only added a peppery beard to your father’s handsome features. His green eyes still twinkle, his wrists still poke bonily out of his shirt cuffs.
  You briefly explain the current situation to your father.
  “I knew Falcon would do his best to rescue me, once you were safe,” he responds. “Now to rescue Lucy—Nicholas will have told you about her. You get him while I get Lucy, and the four of us will meet down at the beach. Just show me the way out of this maze, and we’ll get started.”

>ASK DAD ABOUT LAFOND
“My dear,” he says rather impatiently, “There are people waiting for our help—I haven’t time to answer your questions just now.”

>KISS DAD
“Smooch!”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top