• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckySefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 22 April 2016 08:54 AM

“Now to rescue Lucy—Nicholas will have told you about her. You get him while I get Lucy, and the four of us will meet down at the beach.

Damn! Jamison hasn’t told us anything about Lucy. I tried asking about her several times, but that hot-blooded pirate doesn’t pay attention, he only wants one thing from our plucky lass. He’s just a little bit more civil and polite than the rest of the males, that’s all.

Here’s an alternative first meeting with Lafond in the ballroom after you freed papa. When he asks you to dance, refuse.

> “No”, you say, chin trembling.
> “A mistake, ma petite”. Lafond gestures to a shadowy figure, who disappears into the east wing. “Say adieu to your dear Papa.”
> z
> You see Crulley come in from the east wing and beckon to Lafond. “’E’s gone! The cocky cropper ’as disappeared!” Lafond looks around angrily, eyes narrowed, “Then get his compatriot. Take Falcon.” Crulley runs out the front door, reappearing a moment later with help.

There’s a commotion from the east. A woman screams and a man yells, “Stop, Pirate!” and Jamison is dragged out of the ballroom by two burly dragoons. An officer quiets the guests. “This is the buccaneer who has been pirating our ships. He had the audacity to come here tonight intending to assassinate our dear governor. Do not worry, ladies, he was arrogant enough to come alone.” The officer marches after his men. The dancers return to their banal conversations.

Only the painful grip Lafond has on your arm prevents you from swooning away. “Ah, so that’s the way of it,” he purrs, noticing your sudden pallor. “All the better for me.” He pulls you unresisting into a dance.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well, nothing else to do now except lead papa back to the library

>S
Corner
  This short passage turns from east to north to stop abruptly at an iron door.
  Papa enters just a few steps behind you.

>E
Dungeon
  You sense, rather than see, the rusty skeletons of old cages and torture devices that line the walls of this cavernous room. One flaming torch, high on a wall, casts mad licks of light into the darkness. Passages lead north and west. Set deep in the rocky floor is an open trapdoor.
  A pair of manacles hangs from iron chains attached high on the wall.
  Papa mutters something to himself. You hear an occasional “Zounds!”

>N
Anteroom
  Two exits lead from this cavernous room, north and south. The walls drip with wet, forming a huge pool on the floor.
  The crocodile lies half in the pool, sleeping.
  Papa follows you.
  Your father stops, smiling at the crocodile, “Hello, chum, how are you?” He bends over the creature, and scratches its bumpy snout, muttering, “Never seen you sleep like this before.” It stirs to life as your father walks over to you by the north entrance. The reptile, waking, lunges after him, choking on its chain.

>N
Bottom of Stairwell
  Flickering torchlight lights the bottom of a spiral staircase. A draft blows from the east; a passage leads south.
  Papa mutters something to himself. You hear an occasional “Zounds!”

>UP
Stairwell
  Cool salt air, blowing past a torch on a spiral staircase below you, ruffles your hair and circles south into the library.
  Papa enters just a few steps behind you.

>S
You move beyond the portrait into the library.

Library
  Everything in this private office is larger than life. A huge portrait, slightly awry from the wall, decorates the north side, and black drapes mask the east wall. Bookshelves tower over a cherry desk, and a massive wooden globe squats in a corner. Music wafts distantly from the ballroom across the hall to the south.
  An expensive hat is hanging on a knob.
  Papa follows you.
  “A window!” your father exclaims. “I shall creep out to the kitchen. Get the Falcon.” He climbs out the window.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

go to the folly through the window, then w and w. Smile

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>e
By the House
  You crouch in the hedge by the house, twigs poking into you, the cliff crumbling away to the east. The hedge seems less dense to the south. An open window is directly west of you.
  There is a commotion from the west. A woman screams and a man yells, “Stop, Pirate!” You run to the foyer in time to see two dragoons dragging out the battered frame of Captain Jamison.
  An officer quiets the guests, “This is the buccaneer who has been pirating our ships. He had the audacity to come here tonight intending to assassinate our dear governor. Do not worry, ladies, he was arrogant enough to come alone.” The officer marches after his men. The dancers return to their banal conversations.

Foyer
  A grandiose staircase splits and twists up to the next floor here, framing the entrance south to the ballroom. Long hallways lead east and west; cool night air drifts in through the front door, north of you.
  The butler stands near the entrance to the ballroom.
  The butler walks up to you. “M. Lafond requests your presence in his room immediately, Miss.” He points up the stairs, bows, and leaves.

(You head back out the window and make your way to the forest)

>W
Forest
  Buried in the subtropical undergrowth, you lose all sense of being on someone’s private estate; jungle seems to extend for miles on all sides of you. A footworn path curves from east to north here, and the vegetation lessens to the northeast.
  Two whispered voices come from the path ahead, one reassuring, the other desperate—they sound like your father and Lucy. Peering over a bush, you see the couple share a fond embrace before they meander off into the jungle.

SCORE UPDATE:
>SCORE
In 596 turns, you have achieved a score of 15 out of 25 points. This gives you the rank of Daring Demoiselle.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

>Go to upstairs hall east
>open door
>north

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Upstairs Hall
  You stand in a carpeted hallway, leading west to a stair landing. To the north is an ornately carved door. From the south comes the impression of light and air.

>OPEN DOOR
Opened.

>N
“Welcome, ma petite.” Lafond bows you in.

{Chapter IV}

Lafond’s Bedroom
  Lafond’s bedroom shows all the outpourings of his megalomania. Royal hues of purple and gold weigh down the hangings on the bed and the eastward window, as if trying to smother the moonbeam shining in.
  Lafond is leering, lip curled.
  A lace-covered table crouches beside a wing-backed chair in one corner. Sitting on the table is a green goblet, a blue goblet and a flagon.
  “Have some wine.” Lafond pours wine into two glasses, giving a blue one to you. “Drink this down. We have a long night ahead of us.” He drains his own.

You have a blue goblet, a leather bottle, a large key, a powder horn, your reticule (hanging from your wrist), a shirt, breeches, a flower, a cotton frock, a bit of mirror and a jewelled brooch. It seems that your reticule contains a missive, smelling salts and a banknote. You are wearing a beautiful ball gown, your kid slippers and a linen chemise.
  Lafond waits impatiently for you to drink.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

save Smile
examine everyhing, in particular Lafond
drink wine if you must

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>X BLUE GOBLET
The blue goblet is brimming with wine.
  He angrily takes the blue goblet and sets it on the table. The quantity of wine slops a dark stain across the lace. “Do not try my patience, little one. I have those you love, remember.”

>X LAFOND
Wigged in dark brown curls, dressed in velvets and brocade, he is warmly attractive. Until you meet his eyes, stone gray and cold.
  Suddenly, the door slams open. It is Jamison, coatless, sword bared, his shirt ripped. “Thank God I am not too late. Leave, darling, before I skewer this dog to his bedposts,” he cries. The scar on his cheek gleams coldly.
  With a yell, Crulley and the butler jump out of the darkness behind him. Nicholas struggles, but soon lies unconscious on the floor.
  “Take him to the dungeon,” Lafond says, setting down his glass. “You, butler, stay nearby. I do not wish to be disturbed again.
  “Now that we are rid of that intrusion, cherie, I will change into something more comfortable. Pour me more wine.” He crosses to the wardrobe removing his coat and vest, turned slightly away from you.

>X GREEN GOBLET
The green goblet is ornate and expensive.
  “In private, call me Jean, or whatever endearment you choose, once I have approved it.” Lafond is looking into the wardrobe.

>X FLAGON
Some wine sloshes around inside.
  The butler enters, laying a silver tray of cold chicken on the table. “The kitchen wench has gone, your grace. I took the liberty of fetching these myself.” He bows and leaves the room.
  “Sprinkle some spices on the fowl, ma petite,” Lafond says, donning a long brocade robe, his back to you. “They are hot, but delicious.”

>X SPICES
The well in the silver tray is filled with a mixture of salt and other spices, predominantly red and black pepper.
  “Tsk. The cook has gone too far. She shall be ‘leaving us’ tomorrow.” Lafond adjusts the lace at his neck.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

> get spices
> put spices on chicken
> x bed
> x window
> x table

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>GET SPICES
You take a pinch of spices between your thumb and forefinger.
  Lafond strolls to the table smiling slyly. “But you haven’t finished pouring the wine.” He tops off both glasses.
  Lafond takes the green goblet and salutes you, gulping down the contents. 
  Lafond draws near, whispering indecencies. He caresses your lily white neck, his fingers ice-cold despite the tropic heat.

>PUT SPICES ON CHICKEN
You sprinkle some spices on a wing and nibble at it. The peppery heat hits you like a wave, leaving you gasping, eyes watering.
  Lafond slides his hand up your neck and into your hair, letting it fall down your back in thick waves and tresses. He lays everything you carry on the floor.

>X BED
You gaze at the purple and gold bed, fearing it is your destiny.
  The spices dribble out from between your fingers.
  One by one Lafond undoes your buttons. He pulls open your bodice. Your clothes float to the floor.

>X WINDOW
Old fashioned wooden shutters, not glass, fill the window frame. A dusty moonbeam swirls in, setting alight threads of gold embroidered in the drapes.
  Lafond runs his fingers down your naked spine, and compliments your body. He removes his dressing gown.

>X TABLE
You can see a silver tray, a green goblet, a blue goblet and a flagon.
  Lafond kisses your shoulder, your neck, your ear. “Close your eyes, if you will,” he taunts, “and pretend I am your dearest Captain Jamison. But I am greater than he will ever be.” He kisses you, his lips thin and cold.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

>Bite Lafond

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>BITE LAFOND
Lafond grabs your hair and pulls your head sharply back, clinching your arms to your sides. Twisting your wrist, pain stabbing down your arm, he forces his mouth on yours, hard, thrusting, cutting your lips. He releases you. “Let that be a warning to you, my love.”
  Lafond leads you over to the bed.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nobody?

Okay, let’s get this over with.

> z
> z
z all the way. Huu!

> restore Smile

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

What happened to diego and TimovieMan?  Cry

>z
Time passes…
  Lafond leads you over to the bed.

>z
Time passes…
  Lafond pulls the sheets up to cover you both, pressing his long flaccid body against yours. Waves crash against the base of the cliff.

***    You have suffered
    a fate worse than death ***

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Cry

Diego probably lost interest. Come back, diego! All is forgiven. Tongue
I’m hoping Timovieman is still interested.

Restore?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top