• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 26 January 2015 10:17 AM

Tip 1: There is a point in this chapter where you’ll need to catch some flies. The way to do it is to use….chopsticks on them. I don’t get it. Is it perhaps more logical in the German language (perhaps chopsticks are translated as “flycatchers” or something similar in German?) and it’s lost in translation? I don’t know. Nevertheless, use chopsticks on flies.

mmm, seems logical. From here:

On to start the chapter

Total Posts: 2992

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ahhh, I see.
However it is very unfair for those who haven’t seen Karate Kid. Tongue
(I’ve seen it a loooong time ago…)

The Tip 1 will remain without spoiler tags.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir, you should practice first. Don’t forget to tell us how many you killed.  Innocent

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 26 January 2015 12:11 PM

Sefir, you should practice first. Don’t forget to tell us how many you killed.  Innocent

Nice one Karlok! Grin

Still trying for my first fly!!
( If Sadwick can do it, I can too!)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TWO!!!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m a MOUSE - 6/11 in diego’s quiz!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 26 January 2015 01:22 PM

TWO!!!

Angry  Angry  Angry

Beginner’s luck!!

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have to apologize for not joining this playthrough.  Upgrading my OS to play it just wasn’t in the cards this month.  I have to keep the current OS (10.6) on my machine to retain Rosetta, which allows me to use Appleworks and other pre-Intel programs.  Otherwise I would lose all my databases and so much more.  I may be able to upgrade my late husband’s computer, but it’s going to require more time and knowledge than I have right now.  I still want to play the game, so I’m glad the playthrough will be here for reference if (when) I get stuck.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

LK, is your late husband’s computer PC? Because The Whispered World requirements are not high at all, an average PC can run it well.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Diego got only two flies?? Pffff… Here’s my score.

Tongue

Sorry Diego, two flies in six seconds is too good to be true.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 26 January 2015 05:09 PM

Sorry Diego, two flies in six seconds is too good to be true.

You get the additional 5 seconds when you kill the first!!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Only a Master Fly Chopper could know that. Wow, you really chopped two flies!

EDIT: I tried again and caught one fly. And got extra seconds. Now for some real fun: Chapter 3.  Yum

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

diego - 26 January 2015 04:14 PM

LK, is your late husband’s computer PC? Because The Whispered World requirements are not high at all, an average PC can run it well.

No, all our computers are Macs.  His, however, was kept in the garage/shop (aka man cave) where he also worked on his motorcycles, so it is currently quite disreputable.  After I get it cleaned up, I’ll have to sort through and eliminate extraneous stuff before I do the upgrade.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That first puzzle of the chapter… I was about to give up when I noticed “it”.

Btw, did anyone complete the card set from Steam? Got this yaki emoticon

And a profile wallpaper

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

wilco - 26 January 2015 06:18 PM

Btw, did anyone complete the card set from Steam? Got this yaki emoticon

Cute! I always thought it would be great if the forum had AG-specific emoticons, like a LeChuck angry face or 3-headed monkey, or a Larry smiley. I know you can use ones from outside but I’m not tech-savvy enough to do that Nerd

Maybe diego will do a “Adventure Game Birds” Quiz, featuring Yaki and Rubber Chicken with a Pulley in the Middle(TM).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top