• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I see it as a continuation of text adventures where they tell you everything you can interact with. You see:
A tree
A hole
Spot

Yes, I see it that way too. Not cheating at all - just a way for great point and click adventures like this one to have some of the features of the great text adventures.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 21 January 2015 09:10 AM
chrissie - 21 January 2015 09:07 AM

I’m trying to persist but the problem with the unresponsive cursor has reared it’s ugly head again!

Try this - ALT-TAB the game to your desktop, then go back to the game. It solver whenever I have choppy issues, like Sadwick’s animation and response.

Thanks for the tip diego - it really hasn’t done the trick but I’ve managed to battle on to finish the chapter anyway!  And what a wacky chapter it was that had me chuckling a lot of the time with the craziness of some of the puzzles bringing Discworld to mind & even more so at the end!

Oscar - 20 January 2015 11:35 PM

You’re all cheats! Pixel-hunting is part of the TWW challenge! Using spacebar is like using a walkthrough!
Tongue

I’m a double cheat, I used the spacebar & still managed to miss the other half of the cog-wheel & had to peak at a walkthrough here & there as I got so stuck. But, after I’d caught the mouse & looked at it in inventory there was a hint that it liked dirty laundry so it was obvious that you needed to use it to get grandpa’s pantaloons

Jabod - 21 January 2015 09:13 AM
chrissie - 21 January 2015 09:07 AM

I’ve met Bando & just love, love, love him

I actually thoroughly disliked both Bando and Reuben. Irritated the hell out of me. And Reuben’s hypocrisy always shouting down to Bando to tell him to shut up as he was too loud.

No, I didn’t like Reuben but I couldn’t help loving Bando’s passion for the subjects mentioned!

I thought it was a lovely chapter, very humorous & sweet in places. 

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

chrissie - 21 January 2015 10:54 PM

I’m a double cheat, I used the spacebar & still managed to miss the other half of the cog-wheel & had to peak at a walkthrough here & there as I got so stuck.

Frown
There is no need to peek at walkthroughs you know. You could have perfectly well asked us. Wilco did exactly that for the exact same thing just 2 days ago….

chrissie - 21 January 2015 10:54 PM

I’ve managed to battle on to finish the chapter anyway!  And what a wacky chapter it was that had me chuckling a lot of the time with the craziness of some of the puzzles bringing Discworld to mind & even more so at the end!

Frown  again.
I am starting to feel bad about the fact that I persuaded you to buy a version of a game that you are are not enjoying to its full potential but battling your way through technical problems instead… I hope the next chapter will have less tech issues…

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sefir - 22 January 2015 01:56 AM

There is no need to peek at walkthroughs you know. You could have perfectly well asked us. Wilco did exactly that for the exact same thing just 2 days ago….

.....I am starting to feel bad about the fact that I persuaded you to buy a version of a game that you are are not enjoying to its full potential but battling your way through technical problems instead… I hope the next chapter will have less tech issues…

Please don’t feel bad Sefir as I’d already bought the game a few months ago very cheap in a GoG sale! The technical problems just amount to a lack of response to mouse clicks which double or triple clicking overcomes otherwise the game is fine - I’m wondering whether Microsoft updates a few days ago are to blame?

Yes, I think it’s nicer to ask for a nudge here rather than peek at a walkthrough but when you want to know what you’re supposed to do now! this minute!....

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If you loved the Rock Bros, you’ll be happy to see:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I hope the next chapter moves the plot forward more than Chapter 2. Nothing really happened except for the rather predictable revelation at the end. Obstacles, another obstacle and more obstacles.

I’m also a little bit scared by the story, actually. The world is going to end and I’m going to be responsible? How horrible! I do hope it’s a happy ending. The only thing worse would be a cliffhanger.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 22 January 2015 07:47 AM

I hope the next chapter moves the plot forward more than Chapter 2.

It does, but you’ll want to wait for Chapter 4 for the fireworks. Chapter 3 also features some controversial, but in my view beautiful puzzles (though with a much different mechanics than the object-using in Chapter 2) because I know it spawned the biggest debate when it comes to obstacles.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I’m also a little bit scared by the story, actually. The world is going to end and I’m going to be responsible? How horrible! I do hope it’s a happy ending. The only thing worse would be a cliffhanger.

Sadwick is scared too!!
But you don’t have to be. The story is one of the greatest (if not the best) aspects of this game. As for the ending, the special edition has an extra one to choose according to your liking. But all in good time. There is still chapter 3 to see….

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m also a little bit scared by the story, actually. The world is going to end and I’m going to be responsible?

Yes and no.

How horrible!

Yes and no.

I do hope it’s a happy ending.

Yes and no.

The only thing worse would be a cliffhanger.

No cliffhanger. Smile

Confused? You will be even more confused after the next chapter.  Laughing

Seriously. I’m very much looking forward to the discussion of the ending. I should say endings, but there’s only one in the original game. As I don’t have the Special Edition I watched the alternative ending on youtube. Bluh.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the chapter.

Waking Khalida was not really a twist. When Sadwick was talking to Yoda I wanted scream to him -  Khalida is the island!
Chess puzzle annoyed me but it was an ok chapter. I agree that it doesn’t move the story very forward.

This is has very Neverending Story feel. I suppose it was a big influence.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also have finished the chapter.

The chapter improved at the end - the finale caught me by surprise, didn’t see that one coming at the beginning of the chapter.

Also, Spot can do more now, which is always a good thing.

The game is now 50% complete, and I will replay it again in the future.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

wilco - 22 January 2015 02:37 PM

I finished the chapter.

Waking Khalida was not really a twist. When Sadwick was talking to Yoda I wanted scream to him -  Khalida is the island!
Chess puzzle annoyed me but it was an ok chapter. I agree that it doesn’t move the story very forward.

I dont get how people had problems with the chess puzzle. When you were moving a piece the square changed colour to tell you it was the right place to put it, it was more or less a case of waving each piece around the board to find the blue squares.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lucien21 - 23 January 2015 04:05 AM

I dont get how people had problems with the chess puzzle. When you were moving a piece the square changed colour to tell you it was the right place to put it, it was more or less a case of waving each piece around the board to find the blue squares.

That depends on the queen positions. Most times, all positions are covered from some other queen, meaning that you have to rearrange the entire board to find a single spare position. Many, many times of rearanging…. Solving it fast can be a sign that you are either very lucky or a chess master IMO.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I finished the chapter.

My copy certainly didn’t do that. Or if it did, I didn’t notice.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 23 January 2015 04:34 AM

I finished the chapter.

My copy certainly didn’t do that. Or if it did, I didn’t notice.

I think the blue square showed when there was a queen intersecting in that moment, it didn’t reveal the final right place for the piece.
I wasn’t very fond of it because it is puzzle that keeps showing up and I don’t find it very interesting. Well, at least it wasn’t a farmer crossing the river on boat puzzle Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top