• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco, if you got the factory working then that room is lighted. Remember: Always use the spacebar for finding the hotspots.  Wink

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That one is really a pixel-hunt even Runaway would be proud of.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 20 January 2015 12:28 PM

That is if you don’t use the spacebar to highlight the hotspots.

KEEP THE SPACEBAR PRESSED PEOPLE!!!  Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 20 January 2015 01:53 PM
diego - 20 January 2015 12:28 PM

Got it and arrived on the other side of the island. I’m using the spacebar and still managed to miss that hotspot! Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 20 January 2015 01:53 PM

My rule for any (and The Whispered World) game is simple: I’m exploring the screen on my own until I get bored. How long will that be, depends on the game and the current location. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My rule for any (and The Whispered World) game is simple: I’m exploring the screen on my own until I get bored. How long will that be, depends on the game and the current location.

I much prefer the adventure games that light up all the hot spots for you if requested. Sadly, Syberia HD on the ipad does not give you the option to turn them off - which is distracting for many gamers.

In “The Whispered World” it pretty much works perfectly, just one press of the spacebar
and all pixel hunting is over.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You’re all cheats! Pixel-hunting is part of the TWW challenge! Using spacebar is like using a walkthrough!

Tongue

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Mikekelly - 20 January 2015 07:58 PM

Sadly, Syberia HD on the ipad does not give you the option to turn them off - which is distracting for many gamers.

That happens to the Android version as well and it is simply infuriating.

Oscar - 20 January 2015 11:35 PM

You’re all cheats! Pixel-hunting is part of the TWW challenge! Using spacebar is like using a walkthrough!

Tongue

You hardcore, you! Tongue
IMHO it depends on the game. I believe that this one’s difficulty may climb off the wall in a perhaps negative way if the hotspot revealer is not used. Don’t get me wrong, I like my games difficult. But sometimes the logic of a puzzle starts from the knowledge that you can actually interact there. How many of us would have thought in the first chapter to use the tree as a cannon if the small pool of oil beneath it was difficult to find? But perhaps I’m wrong here.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sefir - 21 January 2015 01:53 AM
Oscar - 20 January 2015 11:35 PM

Tongue

You hardcore, you! Tongue

Not really, the first thing I do on a new screen is press spacebar. Naughty

I see it as a continuation of text adventures where they tell you everything you can interact with. You see:
A tree
A hole
Spot

Pixel hunting wasn’t invented until graphic adventures and the hotspot revealer simply made them truer to the text adventure spirit.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m trying to persist but the problem with the unresponsive cursor has reared it’s ugly head again! I don’t know what I can do but I’m trying anyway!
A couple of quotes I liked included clicking on the statue at the beginning of the scene to get: “What would anyone do with 5 hands - I don’t know what to do with 2” Also I thought it was quite sad & touching when Sadwick looked at the candles “I like candle light. It reminds me of my mother’s grave”

I’ve met Bando & just love, love, love him - I think I know what to do but just working on now how?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 21 January 2015 09:07 AM

I’m trying to persist but the problem with the unresponsive cursor has reared it’s ugly head again!

Try this - ALT-TAB the game to your desktop, then go back to the game. It solver whenever I have choppy issues, like Sadwick’s animation and response.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

chrissie - 21 January 2015 09:07 AM

I’ve met Bando & just love, love, love him

I actually thoroughly disliked both Bando and Reuben. Irritated the hell out of me. And Reuben’s hypocrisy always shouting down to Bando to tell him to shut up as he was too loud.

This is a chapter ending spoiler. Be warned.
I always wondered what happened to all of them when Kalida landed at Corona (and where did she go to?)

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Jabod - 21 January 2015 09:13 AM

I always wondered what happened to all of them when Kalida landed at Corona (and where did she go to?

The most logical thing she could do is return to the lake though…

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Sefir - 21 January 2015 11:21 AM
Jabod - 21 January 2015 09:13 AM

I always wondered what happened to all of them when Kalida landed at Corona (and where did she go to?

The most logical thing she could do is return to the lake though…

Can’t agree with that.

Kalida has now woken up after who knows how many years akip. She’s bound to want to do something new and interesting. Who knows, she might be broody(which would cause a problem or two on the inhabited part of the “island”. I wonder what Malachi would make of it!) or just fancy a night out on the tiles. How did they all, Sadwick and Spot included, manage to stay “on-board” as it were? What of the psychology of Kalida? Was she grumpy in the morning? If so, and she’d been asleep for a long time, just think of the mood she’d be in. Questions, questions. Daedelic, there’s a game waiting to be made there Sarcastic

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Grin

Well, TWW 2 is supposed to come out in the early 2015. Perhaps we will get some answers there. Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top