• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sefir - 18 January 2015 04:45 AM

No, of course not.
There are 5 total. 2 are already waiting to the screen next to Mulachai’s cabin (Yaki territory). 3 are missing
The first one is really easy to find and is the one that unlocks the question to Bando where you ask him what they are. Its location is in the cabinet in front of the cogwheel door.
The second one is also easy to find, but tricky to get. Its location is in the screen I posted when we began this chapter.
The last one is the one I mentioned earlier, which is the most difficult to find.

EDIT: Remember, they fear the light!  Wink

Ah yes I forgot about the one in the cabinet. The 2nd is the one still to be found. Is it something to do with the barrel? Because when I use something, anything, with it Sadwick says “I can’t accomplish anything with the ladder”, which is odd. And he doesn’t want to use the ladder on the barrel or the house. Some kind of bug, perhaps?

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Yes, there is something to fo with the barrel AFTER the yaki appears. It doesn’t involve the ladder though. Must be a bug. You did payed attention to the EDIT in my response above, right?

FULL SOLUTION CONCERNING THE “FAST” YAKI
Step 1:Blow off all the candles in the screen.The yaki appears automatically.
Step 2:Try to catch it. It dissapears and appears on the barrel. Try to catch it again. It disapears and appears to its starting position. Put something on the barrel, so that the yaki won’t be able to reappear there. Try the fat Spot.
Step 3:Try to catch it again.  It reapears now on the top of the signing post. Try to catch it again and it will reapear to its starting position. Put down the post with the ax. Try to catch the yaki. Now that it has nowhere to go, it will return to the yaki territory.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Oscar - 18 January 2015 06:11 AM

Because when I use something, anything, with it Sadwick says “I can’t accomplish anything with the ladder”, which is odd. And he doesn’t want to use the ladder on the barrel or the house. Some kind of bug, perhaps?

I get the same. I found the other 2 Yakis very easily but can’t see anything indicating there is a Yaki hiding in the screen Sefir posted.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Chapter 2 done.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I must have found one of the Yakis early on even before opening the door to the area. There was already 3 in the forest when I got there.

I remember opening that cabinet and a bird walking out the first time I was in the cog room. How it got through the door is a mystery though.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Sefir - 18 January 2015 06:32 AM

WHAT. I had NO idea you could do that. So why on earth can fat spot blow the foghorn but not candles? Bad puzzle, bad BAD puzzle.

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

chrissie - 07 January 2015 10:34 AM
Following a tip on the Steam forum I’m now running the game in compatibility mode for Win XP (SP2) & so far it’s working a lot better!

I had to do this as well. Game crashed to the desktop in a few places while playing chapter  

two. This does seem to make the game more stable.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Chapter 2 is my least favorite chapter. I don’t like Bando and his boss, they’re unfunny. Some contrived puzzles. 

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Zifnab - 18 January 2015 06:58 AM
Sefir - 18 January 2015 06:32 AM

WHAT. I had NO idea you could do that. So why on earth can fat spot blow the foghorn but not candles? Bad puzzle, bad BAD puzzle.

Thumbs Up

Because blowing the candles is something Sadwick can do on his own. Sadwick doesn’t have the power to blow the horn. He even mentions it. The puzzle is very good as it is in that department. Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 18 January 2015 07:34 AM

Chapter 2 is my least favorite chapter. I don’t like Bando and his boss, they’re unfunny. Some contrived puzzles.

I would have to agree with you - if I had to rank chapters, Chapter 2 would be at the very bottom (but in a “fierce” competition). Speaking in a lighthearted manner - it’s a “poor man’s” Blood Island or Scabb Island, because they went with the night mood, but there’s less “action” and characters to be found than in Monkey Island 2/3. Of course, the explanation would come much later, but it’s still a bit “undeveloped”/short (that’s why I was surprised with 10 days tempo, instead of a week at most).

However (I’m still replaying it, but as far as I remember), I think this part features some clever, classic-like inventory puzzles. They’re not overly complicated, but everything about them has that “insane”, but still classic fun. From catching the mouse, to getting the pantaloons and blowing the horn - it really does seem like a staple 3d-person puzzles, and makes TWW like a game coming straight from the early 90s, which in this case isn’t a bad thing at all. And the whole thing about Mulachei and yakis is pretty interesting (more than the Bando/Ruben affair, I agree).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 18 January 2015 11:52 AM

...I was surprised with 10 days tempo, instead of a week at most.

There were 2-3 people who stayed behind due to heavy schedule. We will see how this goes. There is a possibility to give the green flag for the 3rd chapter earlier if I see that the grand majority here finished the second chapter.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Done with second chapter. I really like it a lot:
especially the part where you have to sneak past the dog.

The squeaky bed reminded me a little of Day of the Tentacle The best game of all time Smile, although the puzzle was different.
The chess puzzle was awesome. I have heard that puzzle before, but it still took me a good 10-20 minutes to solve it. If there is one thing I can complain about, it’s what most AG’s suffer from, where sometimes logically you should be able to solve a puzzle in multiple ways, but none of them work because the designer had this one specific way in their mind. Would have been nice for a change if any of the logical ways of solving the puzzle works. Lucien21 had a good example about that with the bridge.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

SoccerDude28 - 18 January 2015 01:23 PM

Would have been nice for a change if any of the logical ways of solving the puzzle works. Lucien21 had a good example about that with the bridge.

Indeed, though to be fair, in that particular example Sadwick doesn’t say that he doesn’t need the object in question, just that he is too clumsy and weak to use the ax for that reason….

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m back from London and hope to start the game sometime tomorrow, if I can get my jet-lagged brain functioning properly.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 January 2015 03:14 PM

I’m back from London and hope to start the game sometime tomorrow, if I can get my jet-lagged brain functioning properly.

Welcome back Lady K!
We started the 2nd chapter some days ago (though the fastest of us have already finished this one too). I believe that you will be able to finish both chapters in time.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top