• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What are you looking forward to in 2015

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

After looking back to last year it’s tradition to see what is coming up next year.

Looking at the Hype-O-Meter I’m mostly looking forward toBook of Unwritten Tales 2 (the first 4 parts delivered a great adventure, no reason the last part will disappoint) and also Armikrog).
Samorost 3 and Asylum will probably deliver strong adventures.
Curious to see Kings Quest and Devil’s Men.
Thimbleweed Park and Syberia 3 are not 2015 and the rest are not that interesting to me.

Outside the Hype-O-meter Dreamfall Chapters, Kentucky Route Zero, Journey Down, Dog mendonça and PizzaBoy, Firewatch is other stuff to antecipate.

In portable consoles I hope The Great Ace Attorney comes out this year. Vita will have Steins; Gate and Corpse Party: Blood Drive to look for.

I’m also confident 2015 will finally be the year Spaceventure, The Witness and The Last Guardian will finally be released.

Outside specific games I’m curious to see what the Sierra brand revival will actually bring, what will be the follow-up to Revolution and Big Finish Games kickstarter, more indies showing up out of nowhere and who the hell wil win the Big AG tournament Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Another visual novel im really excited about coming to the vita in february: tokyo twilight ghost hunters.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Innocent Dreamfall Chapters Innocent

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

What I’m looking forward too in no particular order

Grim Fandango Remastered
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Next Quantic Dreams game for PS4 (Although this may be 2016)
Stasis
Life is Strange
Asylum
Broken Age part 2
Dreamfall Chapters
Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Maybe Braken Tor/Last Crown or Dark Fall 4 will appear
Lost Horizon 2
Monolith
Silence
Firewatch
The Witness
Everybodies gone to the rapture
1979 Revolution
Murder
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça and Pizzaboy

Last Guardian coming out long before Spaceventure does Smile

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

For me (again in no order):

BoUT2  I’ve not played any of the chapters yet (not even downloaded any) as I hate episodic gaming.

STASIS  although it’s isometric which I normally don’t like and turning, or so it seems, more into a horror survival game. Time will tell.

Dreamfall Chapters As per BoUT2

Nelly Cootalot and the Fowl Fleet  Really looking forward to this!

I’m sure I’ve forgotten at least one game but, hey-ho Tongue

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 01 January 2015 02:12 PM

Another visual novel im really excited about coming to the vita in february: tokyo twilight ghost hunters.

Cool, didn’t know about this one, the more the merrier.

Rockpapershotgun has a handy list for pc adventures

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/01/best-pc-games-of-2015/3/

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Armikrog - Obduction - Ithaka of the Clouds - Kentucky Route Zero 4/5
Xing - Samorost 3 - Broken Age part 2
Blackenrock/Last Crown - St Christopher’s School Lockdown
Whispered World 2 - Stasis - Sunset

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m still greatly anticipating Spaceventure and Armikrog and both games look amazing at this point of time. 

Other titles include Night in the Woods, King’s Quest even with its Dirk the Daring-like incarnation of King Graham, Life is StrangeThimbleweed Park and 2Dark. Being very optimistic over the release date of the last two titles.

There’s still so much to catch up to though. The Dreamfall Chapters looks amazing but I wouldn’t dare play it until I’ve completed Dreamfall and I decided to replay The Longest Journey on iOS instead.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I think the game I’m most excited about is A Playwright’s Tale. The most stunning looking game in a long time.

I’m also looking very much forward to:

Broken Age part 2
Duke Grabowski
Kaptain Brawe 2
Armikrog
SpaceVenture
Simon the Sorcerer: Between Worlds
Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Kings Quest 2015
Shardlight
Technobabylon
Nelly Cootalot – The Fowl Fleet
The Devil’s Men
Silence: The Whispered World 2
Dreamfall Chapters
Monolith
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça and Pizzaboy
The Pendulo Studios/Microïds game
and probably a few I’ve forgotten.

Holy crap, 2015 is gonna be a good year me thinks. Grin

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Life is Strange, Grim Fandango HD and Broken Age Act 2 are my more immediate most anticipated games.

Also some more Telltale Borderlands, and the last chapter of BoUT2.

That’s only the first few months. Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

STASIS - I’m more than ready to drool over Christopher Bischoff’s graphics while being scared out of my wits by sudden apparitions and whatever other hellish things Maracheck will have to endure…

Dreamfall: Chapters - I’ll wait until all episodes are out, though, and I’ll replay TLJ and Dreamfall first which could take… well, forever… Meh

The St. Christopher’s School Lockdown - although I probably won’t play the first episode as I prefer to wait until it’s all out (which could take years still), I’m very curious to read the reviews of this as it looks top notch.

Hearing whatever news there might be about Zero Escape 3 and the conclusion to the awesome first two games.

Finally getting around to play The Last Express.

Becoming a dad again (and this time trying not to get it to destroy my game-time again). Tongue

And now that that picture in the OP has reminded me: flying cars, hoverboards, insanely accurate weather reports, holographic Jaws commercials and ultra-fast expansive microwave dinners. Grin Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Dag, either I had forgotten about the new Simon the Sorcerer coming out or I didn’t know about it, but, now I am stoked!  that is great news.  I am looking forward to that one the most and the last chapter of BOuT2. I’ve had so much fun with the early release of BOuT2 and can’t wait until I can play more.

Also Silence, the Whispered World 2 looks awesome. I enjoyed Kaptain Brawe1 quite a bit and am looking forward to that.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I want to experience the whole of Tales From the Borderlands after amazing pilot.
And ofcourse what other people here have mentioned already plus Soma and EGTRapture.

Even for AGs in terms of diversity, 2015 gonna be insane.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

More “Tales on the Borderlands” and “Game of Thrones” on ios.

Also - Gabriel Knight remake on ios.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

1. Catyph
2. Cradle
3. Reset
4. anything by Wadjet Eye
5. Nelly Cootalot
The rest of my Kickstarters, and hopefully since Anna’s Quest is now going to be published by Daedalic, we will see it this year.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

The Last Crown. I will probably also look forward to it in 2016 and 2017, but it will be finished one day.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top