• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

About the chess puzzle: you can solve it a bit faster by having several queens at a knight’s jump distance away from each other (i.e. two squares up and one to the right). I’ve always found it easier that way.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I too didn’t have much trouble with the chess puzzle, I don’t know if that’s because I played chess a lot… Tongue

The biggest obstacle to me in 2nd chapter was to use the pantaloons on crocodile. I was sure you need to put some ear plugs or something on it, because I thought he’s barking because he hears the bells while I walk upstairs. But it turned out you need to cover his eyes.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I didn’t have any problem solving the ‘chess’ puzzle as to me it was just a logic puzzle I’ve come across a few times before in different formats & the use of chess pieces irrelevant. 

diego - 23 January 2015 07:47 AM

The biggest obstacle to me in 2nd chapter was to use the pantaloons on crocodile. I was sure you need to put some ear plugs or something on it, because I thought he’s barking because he hears the bells while I walk upstairs. But it turned out you need to cover his eyes.

No, using the pantaloons on the pet didn’t spring to mind! but I thought I remembered just it’s mouth being bound to stop it barking - I’m sure when Sadwick starts to go upstairs the pet wakes up & fruitlessly tries to bark as he does see him?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oh yeah, you’re right! But that wouldn’t help me either, because I was looking for any possible solution NOT to wake him up at first place! Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Having bad luck with my back. First lumbar puncture took a week to heal and now I took a stumble on stairs and hit my back on a stair there. So nice. Been spending most of my time on bed.

But I’ve finished the first chapter (got 9/11 from the quiz) and will try to advance in the second this weekend.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 23 January 2015 07:47 AM

I too didn’t have much trouble with the chess puzzle, I don’t know if that’s because I played chess a lot… Tongue

I had no trouble with that particular puzzle but that was because I tried using the sock in the crocodile to shut him up earlier and the answer was some clue I don’t remember. The mouse to get the pantaloons was a bit trickier because it doesn’t make any sense but I was already trying everything on the pantaloons so that was fast.

About the quotes from this chapter I remember there was a funny one if you try to use 5-spot on the statue in the water margin that Sadwick complained about seeing puzzles everywhere just because the statue has 5 arms and you have 5 spot Smile

Edit: Thats some bad luck, millenia. Get well!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The ending reveal of this chapter was awesome and I didn’t expect it at all. I found the second chapter very endearing and actually enjoyed it a little more than the first chapter. Can’t wait for the third chapter to roll.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

millenia - 23 January 2015 08:29 AM

Been spending most of my time on bed.

Look it on the bright side - are you able to play The Whispered World while in bed? Tongue

BTW, I just remembered, even though one of the reasons while I like Chapter 1 more is probably the puzzles (I loved the clock puzzle), don’t you think there’re two very clever “traps” for the players to fall in this chapter: #1 the ladder - if you position it on the window, you may totally forget about it and fail to pick it up later. #2 the last puzzle could deceive you that it’s a musical puzzle, when in reality, it’s a pretty straightforward one.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

diego - 23 January 2015 05:13 PM

#1 the ladder - if you position it on the window, you may totally forget about it and fail to pick it up later.

If you played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, In Atlantis you do use a ladder and then pick it up. So that experience carried through Tongue .

Also Looking behind every door by closing it is a trick I learned from Day of the Tentacle. There are 2 instances in this game where it was useful so far. To get the cork, and to get the mouse.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just remembered, even though one of the reasons while I like Chapter 1 more is probably the puzzles

I liked chapter 1 better too - until the end of chapter 2 - it’s last puzzle was a real hoot and the end of chapter 2 was well worth waiting for.

So - now that I’ve played both 1 and 2, I’d say they are both equally good.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m stuck and feeling really stupid. But I can’t repair the cogwheel, no idea what to do. Tried using the pieces on pretty much everything, and everything on the vice.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m sure all I had to do was to combine the two pieces in inventory & then put them in the vice? - I could be completely wrong of course but I know that I had to fuse them together somehow?

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

chrissie - 24 January 2015 01:41 PM

I’m sure all I had to do was to combine the two pieces in inventory & then put them in the vice?

You need to do that and then use Spot in his flame incarnation to weld them together.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Jabod - 24 January 2015 01:44 PM
chrissie - 24 January 2015 01:41 PM

I’m sure all I had to do was to combine the two pieces in inventory & then put them in the vice?

You need to do that and then use Spot in his flame incarnation to weld them together.

I thought about that but I don’t have Spot.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Where’s Spot?  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top