• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 03 February 2015 04:07 AM

Favourite quote from this chapter:
No animals were mistreated during the curse of this game - Except Spot, that is. 

...Sadwick quote, when you try to use the dagger on Krubba. It is indeed one of the best.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 03 February 2015 04:47 AM

Favourite quote from this chapter:
No animals were mistreated during the curse of this game - Except Spot, that is. 

...Sadwick quote, when you try to use the dagger on Krubba. It is indeed one of the best.

Indeed a Sadwick quote, though I believe I triggered it a slightly bit different, can’t remember exactly how though Frown

And now if you will excuse me, I have about 20 pages of comments to read.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

There is also a quite famous (in Denmark) Danish version of this song from 1961 with Dirch Passer and Lily Broberg, and there also exists German and Dutch and probably many other versions of this song. The origin is unknown.

It shows how out-of-touch I am, but I’ve never heard of Dirch Passer before. What an expressive voice! And what an expressive face—I watched him in the Bikini song/sketch as well.

I also adjusted to Sadwick’s voice in Chapter One and am now enjoying his voice. There were some instances in Chapter One where his voice was deeper than usual—I wonder if the voiceover artist did some experimenting when they were first starting to record the voices. I listened to the German voice briefly, but found I prefer the English voice.

I don’t consider this a short game—so far I’ve been playing for 14 hours.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 02 February 2015 06:18 PM

I don’t know if ‘lever’ is correctly translated.

The German word in the game is Hebel and lever is the correct translation.

Strictly, a lever is:

a rigid bar resting on a pivot, used to move a heavy or firmly fixed load with one end when pressure is applied to the other.

Technically, something like that wouldn’t budge using the game’s own solution.

I don’t see a problem with the solution. The lever is up, so hitting it from below with some long object won’t help to bring it down, you need weight.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 03 February 2015 06:55 AM
Oscar - 02 February 2015 06:18 PM

I don’t know if ‘lever’ is correctly translated.

The German word in the game is Hebel and lever is the correct translation.

Strictly, a lever is:

a rigid bar resting on a pivot, used to move a heavy or firmly fixed load with one end when pressure is applied to the other.

Technically, something like that wouldn’t budge using the game’s own solution.

I don’t see a problem with the solution. The lever is up, so hitting it from below with some long object won’t help to bring it down, you need weight.

But you don’t pull a regular lever up, you push it sideways.

Where is the fulcrum on Sadwick’s lever?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I call this a lever too. Don’t you?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Becky - 03 February 2015 05:42 AM

It shows how out-of-touch I am, but I’ve never heard of Dirch Passer before.

He he, he is very famous in Denmark, but not in the rest of the world, so it is perfectly understandable if you have never heard of him before.

I have just finished reading through all the comments, of which there are too many to respond to, and it would probably also be kind of necromancy to bring them up again. But I did took Diego’s two tests and got a measly 5 Shifty Eyed on the first and a respectable 9 Cool on the second.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 03 February 2015 07:41 AM

I call this a lever too. Don’t you?

Yes, and it still operates by pulling down, not out. With the force applied perpendicular, not parallel, to the handle. Unlike the ‘lever’ in TWW.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 03 February 2015 07:41 AM

Hehe, “do not pull”. Naughty

Schmuckbait! Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 03 February 2015 03:49 PM

Yes, and it still operates by pulling down, not out. With the force applied perpendicular, not parallel, to the handle. Unlike the ‘lever’ in TWW.

You’ve lost me. Seriously.  Cry To me, the TWW lever looks exactly like the one in the pic I posted. It’s up, and weight pulls it down.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It just looks like a rope hanging from the roof to me. *shrugs*

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 26 January 2015 12:11 PM

Sefir, you should practice first. Don’t forget to tell us how many you killed.  Innocent

After hundrends of attempts and days of meditating practice, today I killed my first fly!!

I have already accepted the fact that I will never be in the same level with Grand Master diego (2 flies??? Give me a break…) thus, my life is now complete.

EDIT: It is a lever with a rope hanging from it.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 04 February 2015 01:51 AM

After hundrends of attempts and days of meditating practice, today I killed my first fly!!

I have already accepted the fact that I will never be in the same level with Grand Master diego (2 flies??? Give me a break…) thus, my life is now complete.

I also found it satisfying to kill just the one fly and be done with it. Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 04 February 2015 01:51 AM

I have matched Diego’s double several times, but wanted to upstage him by getting three.
Haven’t succeeded yet. Meh
But two is very doable - button-mashing helps. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also adjusted to Sadwick’s voice in Chapter One and am now enjoying his voice.

To be honest, I feel that Sadwick’s voice matches the character perfectly. Not an unpleasant voice to me by any means - one that suits the character perfectly.

I have now finished chapter 3 and am ready for the last chapter to finish the game. Like chapter 2, chapter 3 had an excellent ending.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top