• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 11 February 2015 10:27 AM
Sefir - 11 February 2015 10:22 AM

I wanted to be clear with you this time.  Naughty

Relax, I’m just asking what’s the date to finish the entire 4th chapter? Tongue Because, if I understood, it’s separated in two parts?

The 4th chapter is the last of the game. I seperated it into 2 parts. The one is the one we currently play. The other one (starts 16/2), is much, much smaller and I expect the grand majority here will have it finished in a session or two. The reason I did that way is because I wanted almost everyone to finish in about the same time. I never put time limits in finishing a playthrough and I never will. We just finish the game.  The thread will meet its end when we get tired of discussing about the game and another playthrough gets voted in the appropriate voting thread.

EDIT: You are not asking just to subtly find the politest moment to uprise an interest of a Toonstruck AGCP now, would you?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 11 February 2015 10:44 AM

EDIT: You are not asking just to subtly find the politest moment to uprise an interest of a Toonstruck AGCP now, would you?

Nah, I was actually hoping for a longer 4th chapter official deadline… Gray Matter and Discworld were, for example a two-months playthroughs, while TWW is just out of its first… Tongue And LK, chrissie… are still behind if I’m not mistaken.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 11 February 2015 10:52 AM
Sefir - 11 February 2015 10:44 AM

Nah, I was actually hoping for a longer 4th chapter official deadline… Gray Matter and Discworld were, for example a two-months playthroughs, while TWW is just out of its first… Tongue

Almost one and a half to be precise.

And I believe that there will be lots of commentary and discussion too after we finish the game, so there go your 2 months! Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 11 February 2015 10:58 AM

Almost one and a half to be precise.

One month and 5 (five) days are almost one and a half?! Boy, Sefir, what did you eat today? A mildew soup?! Tongue (I’m going by the official date in the first post, I don’t care when we actually started the game Tongue)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

There’s nothing better than hearing “Once Upon a Time in the West” once you finally get out of the gully and get a sight of Corona!

That is such a good idea - listen to your own music while playing a game - I’ll have to give this a whirl sometime.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Well, time to move on. Pun intended!! Tongue

The world was in the verge of destruction, but it seems that Sadwick manages to save it!! Ehmmmm….why no one is cheering about it??

Time has stopped. This creates some interesting new facts. This is the last part of the game. It is rather small, but I expect lots of interesting discussion after the end (BTW, to find the other ending option, you have to choose it 10 times more or less when the opportunity occurs). Just remember the spoiler tags. Wink

It was a great playthrough, of a game that I highly admire. I would like to thank everyone who participated on it.

Of course there is no deadline. Just finish the game already!! Smile

I will end this post by quoting Grandpa’s words of wisdom from the first chapter.

“I had a vision once too, you know! An angel appeared and told me one day that my pantaloons will save the world!”

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Better late than never!:

1. How many lanterns are at the first screen of the 3rd Chapter, with “5 levers”?

1) 16 on the right, and one on the left
2) 20 on the right, and one on the left
3) 15 on the right, and one on the left

2. Gourney, Loucaux’s henchman, has:

1) Tail all the way to the ground
2) Very short tail
3) Gourney doesn’t have a tail

3. The house across the water at the main village screen, has exactly:

1) 1 window
2) 2 windows
3) Doesn’t have any windows

4. How many suit of armors are visible in the Weapons room:

1) 3
2) 4
3) 5

5. One of the jars in the kitchen contains:

1) Pickled bugs
2) Pickled slugs
3) Pickled squids

6. When Loucaux fell asleep, he’s:

1) Sitting on a stool, head on a table
2) Knees on a ground, head on a table
3) Lying on the table

7. Krubba is standing on a:

1) barrel
2) furnace
3) wooden railing

8. When inspecting trophies in the Secret Trophy room, Sadwick decides that:

1) Left trophy is uglier
2) Right trophy is uglier
3) He couldn’t decide

9. When meeting Maurice for the first time, he calls Sadwick and Spot:

1) rapscallions
2) scalawags
3) scoundrels

10. The birds in Maurice’s garden are:

1) Green
2) Blue
3) Turquoise

11. When meeting the end of a railway, and held together:

1) Sadwick has his eyes closed, Spot has his eyes opened
2) Spot has his eyes closed, Sadwick has his eyes opened
3) They both have their eyes closed

0-4 points PRISON GUARD!
5-7 COOK!
8-10 CURATOR!
11 ENGINEER!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

These are getting more and more difficult. I don’t know if the fact that the 3rd chapter was 2 weeks ago does matter….

9/11. Missed the 1 and 9 questions. Also, a couple of them were answered correctly purely by guessing.

EDIT: I love Krubba. I do believe that a life of a scarecrow in the Maurice field is much better than the life of an Asgil gong hitter.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Got 5… COOK!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the game. Twist! Wasn’t expecting it. Good ending. I guess The Neverending Story feel has a reason. They share some of the premises.
The pictures at the credits were interesting to make some paralells between real life a fantasy world with all the different objects and people. I guess Spot was the dog?.
The alternative ending is really just a small easter egg (and not even subtitled…)
About the final puzzles who also burped the entire alphabet before figuring the answer? Smile

And that TWW2 trailer at the end, looked good but so grim Neutral

Thanks Sefir for leading and all the participants (I hope there we’ll still have a final quiz, diego). I had a very good time with a game that was stuck in my endless backlog limbo.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished the game. Twist! Wasn’t expecting it.

Yes, I also finished the game - I also was not expecting the ending.

However, getting spot back looking better than ever was wonderful.

Great time - I got a 7 on the quiz too. I also would be interested in seeing a chapter 4 quiz.

Overall, a great game and I would play a sequel.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

6-Cook though I would have gotten 2 more correct if I had stuck with my intuition and not second guessed myself.

I will however challenge question 11, as you can see in this youtube clip or these 3 stillshots I made from the video First, Second and Third Spot is actually the first to close his eyes while Sadwick’s are still open, and later Spot also briefly closes his eyes while Sadwicks are still closed, making all 3 answers equally correct. Pan So my actual score is 7 which is… eh… still cook.

wilco - 14 February 2015 06:12 AM

I finished the game. Twist! Wasn’t expecting it. Good ending. I guess The Neverending Story feel has a reason. They share some of the premises.

Originally I actually predicted the ending Cool, of course not the details but the general plot twist. And the reason I did so is not so much because of the clues in the game, but more because of what Wilco also mentioned.
The game feels very similar to the books by Michael Ende, not just The Never Ending Story, but also others he has written. He often likes to break down the barrier between fantasy and the real world, and let at least part of the story take place in the imagination or dreams of his protagonist. I even believe he also has a sick boy in a hospital bed in one of his stories, though I might be remembering that wrong.

There are however also some in-game clues, like when there is the earthquake in the first chapter, and some electrical wires suddenly appear in Sadwick’s trailer, which I interpret as someone using a defibrillator or similar on the real Sadwick in the hospital.

I haven’t finished the game yet, but plan on getting started as soon as I’m done typing this.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 14 February 2015 09:25 AM

I will however challenge question 11…

Hehe… I was expecting this. Yes, it could be interpreted in several ways, but if we make distinction between BLINKING and closing eyes for a couple of seconds, than I’m sorry, but Sadwick is a coward and Spot is not. Tongue

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 14 February 2015 09:57 AM

I will however challenge question 11…

Hehe… I was expecting this. Yes, it could be interpreted in several ways, but if we make distinction between BLINKING and closing eyes for a couple of seconds, than I’m sorry, but Sadwick is a coward and Spot is not. Tongue

Calling it blinking will only account for the 3rd stillshot, and blinking happens faster than that, but as seen in the first Spot already has his eyes closed when the camera first shifts to Sadwick holding Spot, and we don’t know for how long he had his eyes closed before that, he might have closed them immediately when the train took off, and only opened them when he was “safe” in the hands of Sadwick, making Spot the bigger coward of the two Tongue

(Though if the train had crashed he would probably just have learned a new form)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Originally I actually predicted the ending Cool, of course not the details but the general plot twist. And the reason I did so is not so much because of the clues in the game, but more because of what Wilco also mentioned.
The game feels very similar to the books by Michael Ende, not just The Never Ending Story, but also others he has written. He often likes to break down the barrier between fantasy and the real world, and let at least part of the story take place in the imagination or dreams of his protagonist. I even believe he also has a sick boy in a hospital bed in one of his stories, though I might be remembering that wrong.

There are however also some in-game clues, like when there is the earthquake in the first chapter, and some electrical wires suddenly appear in Sadwick’s trailer, which I interpret as someone using a defibrillator or similar on the real Sadwick in the hospital.

I had commented on the similarities with Neverending story earlier but it was more about the “upcoming doom” feeling and fantasy chaarcters tone, I wasn’t really expecting it to also have a real world/storybook twist. I should have seen it coming! The twist does bring the whole game to a new light (like the earthquake you mention).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top