• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Cube Spot looks like he would come in quite handy.

Sefir—interesting. But are you sure those aren’t freckles?  Innocent

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Nope! If you notice him in stagnation-form, he retains them even more clear.! Tongue

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The MTV Spot?! Playing music videos in order to draw attention of you foes while you sneak behind them and take their keys?

My goodness, I thought spot had enough transformation types already - but these new ones are priceless!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Sefir - 19 February 2015 05:33 AM

Nope! If you notice him in stagnation-form, he retains them even more clear.! Tongue

I went back and checked. It would appear that you are correct. Looks like I’ll have to correct the answer to that question on my quiz.  Pan

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I think I may have met a bug - I need to funnel the grease, and I remember that you need to get the ear trumpet from the Astronomer, but he’s not pulling it out (he just stands still), and there’s no dialog options with him. If I recall correctly, you need to wait for him to pull it out than snap it or look at it and talk to him, but no matter how long I wait he just stands.  Don’t help me just yet - just tell me if this is a bug or am I missing something?

I did fairly good in the quiz - though I was fooled with the bear in the “d”. Can’t remember it at all. I also missed 2 clouds type. I’m also an insomniac, a free spirit, and I should apply for a government job. Cool

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Diego—I didn’t encounter a bug there. Mild hint: just talking to the astronomer isn’t enough. You have to do something else.

The mysterious “d” bear from the quiz is on a shirt in Sadwick and Ben’s trailer—it’s hanging upside-down.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 19 February 2015 08:55 AM

Don’t help me just yet - just tell me if this is a bug or am I missing something?

You are missing something!

When you do want some help, all you have to do is scroll some pages back, as Wilco had the same problem.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yep, I was stuck in that one Diego, it’s not a bug. Frown

Another Spot form, this one is the Cool Spot (from 90s game) - his power is just chilling

Also saw this picture of TWW2 of Spot forms that are a bit scary

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 19 February 2015 12:39 PM

Also saw this picture of TWW2 of Spot forms that are a bit scary

No!!
NO!!
Nonononono!!!!!!
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Foot in mouth  Foot in mouth  Foot in mouth  Foot in mouth

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 19 February 2015 12:39 PM

Another Spot form, this one is the Cool Spot (from 90s game) - his power is just chilling

Great! Thumbs Up I’m seeing the “90s rapper” Spot form in that, and he’s singing Ice Ice Baby.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I wish I could chill as easily as Cool Spot can.

I’m completing my Sadwick color collection. I’ve already posted images in which he is blue, purple, orange, green-grey, and brown. I never did quite complete what I hoped would be a rainbow collection. The only time I saw Sadwick blush, near the end, it just turned him from blue to purple, so I never saw him red. And any type of yellow light had no effect, so to the best of my knowledge, he’s never yellow.

Anyway, here he is as a black silhouette.

And here he is when everything around is blue, which in the cutscene seems to make him greyish-white.

What a charming companion he was for the past few weeks! The Sadwick-Spot combination is something rather special.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If we had the Fiery Spot, than the Sub-Zero Spot would come in handy, too:

(Imagine all those giant icicles he could’ve made out of the waterfalls in Chapter 3 with a chilly breath)

In other news, I’ve completed the trumpet puzzle. The squeaky blackboard slipped my mind probably because there wasn’t any chalk left on it.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

If we had the Fiery Spot, than the Sub-Zero Spot would come in handy, too:

How I would LOVE a spot game! Kickstarter anybody!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

To solve the Asgil mystery once and for all, here’s a funny fan art:

I still think those are antennae or eyebrows. Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

So, my overall verdict: 3.5/5
I think that’s slightly on the generous side too. Its place in the Daedelic catalogue, well it’s better than Deponia and Satinav but it’s not their best work. Like Deponia, the jokes are the centrepiece but they sometimes feel forced, with the exception of Spot. This could be a result of translating the German into English because I find this a problem with all Daedelic’s comedic games. The story is a nice idea but isn’t in depth enough and seems like a after-thought to the traditional structure, as if they expanded a 3 hour idea to 15 hours by adding more and more puzzles and locations. And I’ve commented how nothing much happens until the end. Another chapter is another locale to get through, which I recognise as routine Daedelic by now. Better games will introduce crucial characters, Glottis or Oscar, and make things happen. The puzzles I found stock-standard for 3rd person adventure, reasonably logical but nothing really clever. However the ending was really satisfying and graphics and music were excellent.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top