• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 08 February 2015 12:59 PM

Smile Ok, ok,  Now I stopped the blue sphere and time stands still Stop?

Well, yes. After all, you stopped everything. Time included. Tongue

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I just finished the color puzzle. I just moved the dials randomly until I got the blue color at the end. Is there more to it, or do you just use trial and error?

So far loving this chapter.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just finished the Spot puzzle. Best puzzle in the game period. They should make a full game around Spot

Oh, I would buy and play a full game with only spot in it!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 08 February 2015 12:09 PM

I now turned on the fountain and Spot turned into a shell (NOOOOO) we stop here for now, right?

He he, that was also the point where I first stopped, great minds think alike Wink
But rereading Sefir’s description I realized I had to do a bit more, I guess I was impossible to be more specific about the stopping point, without also spoiling the scene.

SoccerDude28 - 08 February 2015 07:27 PM

I just finished the color puzzle. I just moved the dials randomly until I got the blue color at the end. Is there more to it, or do you just use trial and error?

If you pay close attention and write down which colours mix to produce which colours, you could probably solve it logical or on paper, but it doesn’t use any colour system I have ever heard of, so yeah I also just randomly hit the buttons until I got it right. Magic colours perhaps?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 09 February 2015 06:07 AM
wilco - 08 February 2015 12:09 PM

I now turned on the fountain and Spot turned into a shell (NOOOOO) we stop here for now, right?

He he, that was also the point where I first stopped, great minds think alike Wink
But rereading Sefir’s description I realized I had to do a bit more, I guess I was impossible to be more specific about the stopping point, without also spoiling the scene.

Sefir ir putting extra riddles for our enjoyment, mark of a great playthrough leader Smile

As for the plot I have no idea where this is going, I think at some point butterfly Spot will show up but I’m not really sure what will follow now after the time stop thing or who is the blue sphere.

What about the different endings decision? Is it right at the ending?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 09 February 2015 02:07 PM

What about the different endings decision? Is it right at the ending?

Yes. Don’t worry, you’ll immediately know it.

The “2nd ending” however is more of an easter egg like achievement than anything… left me a bit disappointed….

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 09 February 2015 02:36 PM

The “2nd ending” however is more of an easter egg like achievement than anything… left me a bit disappointed….

IMO, they shouldn’t have added a second ending, especially not this one. It was perfect the way it was.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

IMO, they shouldn’t have added a second ending, especially not this one. It was perfect the way it was.

This is completely true.

I do love spot at the end of the game however!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Mikekelly, please use spoiler tags in your comment about the end of the game.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Love how the game gives you tiny clues when you’re close to the exact solution. They overdid it in one instance, near the end of the third chapter, though.

Asgils, actively preparing for the attack.

The ultimate whining - the way he says “Like the goals I’ve set myself” is probably the reasons why some hate don’t like Sadwick’s voice.

Commentary icon should really have been done in the same style as Spot’s icons. It covered this ugly(ier) trophy!

One of my favorite view in the game. (and Sadwick doing the Guybrush:

)

This view was mirrored in the preview (I kinda like it even better).

There’s a cool lighting effect here. I don’t know if that’s because of the ceiling or my fiery Spot! Tongue

Another cool effect with the armor sticking in front on the far right.

Too late?! The leader of the Asgils is sleeping in the kitchen!!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 02 February 2015 11:20 AM

Nice to know where the reference comes from. I wonder how many more cultural references I lost….

More of a trivia… (DON’T read this if you’re still in Chapter 3):

In Chapter 2, when looking at the painting:

which is a reference to Marco Hullen, the author of the game.

A reference to “Lord of the Rings”. “Mellon” is a magic word for Doors of Durin on which it is written “Speak, friend, and enter”.

The famous Larry 1 quote.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Phew! Finally, done with the 3rd chapter. I need to get over the insult to my pride and admit that the one puzzle that stumped me is the most obvious one, and the one I’ve been boasting around with - and that’s closing the already opened door. They got me on the fourth attempt. Tongue

And that’s probably of the nice view that distracted me:

I love how they took care that views through doors, windows… are relevant to the scene. (like in Sadwick’s or grandpa’s trailer). Those little things can sometimes boost the immersion.

Like I said, I liked the rotating rooms, and even the fact how trivial the reason is for it. I’m holding by my statement though, that the first chapter is my favorite, but the third one probably has the best puzzles.

What I didn’t particularly like is the “run of the mill”, intense orchestra music in this part. Well, not that it sucked, but having being stuck for few hours in the village, I needed something more lighthearted to boost my spirits up, so I put Dire Straits on instead Tongue. There’s nothing better than hearing “Once Upon a Time in the West” once you finally get out of the gully and get a sight of Corona!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I don’t know if I can catch up with the tempo for the 4th chapter… until when do you plan for us to finish the entire chapter, Sefir?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 11 February 2015 07:07 AM

I don’t know if I can catch up with the tempo for the 4th chapter… until when do you plan for us to finish the entire chapter, Sefir?

As always, there is no time limit to finish the game. We just…finish the game.

THAT DOESN’T GIVE YOU AN EXCUSE FOR FOREVER ABANDONING THIS PLAYTHROUGH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME LIKE YOU DID IN OVERSHEER, THE SPACE BAR AND CALLAHAN’S CROSSTIME SALOON AMONG OTHERS.

I wanted to be clear with you this time.  Naughty

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 11 February 2015 10:22 AM

I wanted to be clear with you this time.  Naughty

Relax, I’m just asking what’s the date to finish the entire 4th chapter? Tongue Because, if I understood, it’s separated in two parts?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top