• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

There are two things I should now mention:

1) Smileys don’t show. I only see the code for them.
2) The prices for the Adventure Shop games in the site footer appear in Euros even though I’m in Canada. When clicking the shop links, I’m correctly redirected to the US version of the shop however.

Both of these things worked correctly about two days ago so maybe something changed behind the scenes, which in turn caused this?

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Zin: Both those issues should be fixed now.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Wow, that was fast! Smile

I confirm that both issues are indeed fixed. Thank you Marek!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

There’s something weird going on with the screenshot galleries: if you compare this page and that page, they both display 30 thumbnails, but most of them are not the same (i.e. they appear on one page but not the other).

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

The viewable galleries (currently) have a 30-screenshot limit, but some games have more than 30 stored in the database.  I guess a random sampling of 30 is picked for each.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I seem to often not get mail when something is posted in a thread I am subscribed to. Very annoying. Do more people have that?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Hi. Forum looks very nice.
Just a couple of things I wanted to mention.

1. When you go to any page of the Games A-Z, eg, ‘S’ and click on a game beginning with ‘S’,  and then press the back button, it defaults back to the ‘A’ page of games instead of back to the ‘S’ page of games. This was the same on the old forums. Just thought it might be nice if the back button of the browser took you back to the previous page you were viewing, particularly since some letters have several pages of their own. So if the game you searched was on, say, page 7 of ‘M’ and you want to go back to that page but forgot it was page 7, that it doesn’t go back to ‘A’ so that you have to search for the specific page again. If that makes sense!  Yum

2. Visible members actually viewing a forum. It seems to have disappeared. I know it’s fashionable to keep forums clean of that to stop slowdown, but I do think it adds to the vibe/atmosphere when you see who else is viewing.

Food for thought anyway.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I really wish I wouldn’t have to scroll down every time I want to go to a new page. Isn’t this forum software supposed to be identical to the Double Fine forums? In that case, it should be possible to change pages at the top as well.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

I’m also really missing the option to change page from the top. Especially on the iPad, where I often miss-click and end up on the first page instead of the last and have to scroll down to change.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Small bug report: I see the Hype-o-Meter has been updated (and the RSS feed now tells me about that, which is great! Thumbs Up ). However, the comments seem to have been disabled, and the archive is empty (I was curious to see what got bumped off to make room for Beyond and The Cave).

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

We’ll add those glitches to the list.

In the meantime, to answer your question, it was Haunted and Lost Chronicles of Zerzura that were dropped, both of them for falling prey to publisher bankruptcy limbo.  (And Cognition bumped Walking Dead.)

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Thanks for the info! (I miss the detailed HoM updates, though I understand those were a lot of work to write.)

Am I a bad person for having no idea what Haunted and Chronicles of Zerzura were? (A search reveals they were new games from developers whose games I’ve never played. I don’t mind their getting thrown out the HoM then.)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so i will not be able to follow back the last month and the previous months Hype-o-Meter(s), like with the old AG!?

Edit: ahh it seems like only a glitch .. i am sure that the archive will be active soon

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Kurufinwe - 08 June 2012 02:01 PM

Small bug report: I see the Hype-o-Meter has been updated (and the RSS feed now tells me about that, which is great! Thumbs Up ). However, the comments seem to have been disabled, and the archive is empty (I was curious to see what got bumped off to make room for Beyond and The Cave).

Thanks. Both are now fixed.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

Jackal - 08 June 2012 05:00 PM

We’ll add those glitches to the list.

In the meantime, to answer your question, it was Haunted and Lost Chronicles of Zerzura that were dropped, both of them for falling prey to publisher bankruptcy limbo.  (And Cognition bumped Walking Dead.)

Awesome! Thank you, guys!!! you rock! Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top