• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I am not sure where to put this…

This is not strictly feedback on the new forum but just a (hopefully) relevant observation/question. Does anyone else get the feeling that the forum traffic and post volume have decreased significantly? For example, as I write this, the active members box has five names in it and that’s the fewest I’ve ever seen. It’s possible that this has to do with the log in/out problems but it’s still worrying. Marek and Co., is my casual empiricism vindicated by your logs?

I do hope that the decrease is due to people waiting for their favorite forum features to be re-incorporated rather than users quitting permanently. So I am keeping fingers crossed that as the hard-working AG staff irons out all the kinks, traffic will bounce back up.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Not sure how useful post counts are as a statistic, but for what it’s worth:

Posts per day in the week prior to relaunch: 129.57
Posts per day in the 5 days since launch: 163.2

Of course, there might have been more posts than usual due to the relaunch. There might also have been less due to there not being a Thread Must Die thread, which probably skewed the stats.

So, the low number of active users you saw were just a coincidence. Anecdotally, usually when I’m logged in there’s about 15 - 20 users active, which seems pretty normal.

Retired AG founder

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Thank you, Marek! It certainly feels good to be wrong on this one.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Is there a way to subscribe to threads without email notification, like in a control panel list?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

No one leisure suit larry (of the famous 6 parts) in the A-Z Game Index?!

I hope i am just Blind!!!

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Adventurere No.1 - 24 May 2012 09:51 PM

Leisure Suit Larry? Never heard of it! What a silly name…

(Seriously though: the Larry games start on page 5 of the L games.)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TerminusEst - 24 May 2012 10:19 PM
Adventurere No.1 - 24 May 2012 09:51 PM

Leisure Suit Larry? Never heard of it! What a silly name…

(Seriously though: the Larry games start on page 5 of the L games.)

looool… thank god , I am Blind !  Grin Grin

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2004-11-26

PM

FYI - Apparently the ignore member feature is not working properly.

Resident science freak

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Going back to an earlier point in this thread, would anyone mind if I zapped the post count indicator below the avatars from the template?

The join date and the Sr Member title after 100 posts should be enough to show who are the residents and who are only visiting.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Marek - 25 May 2012 08:36 AM

Going back to an earlier point in this thread, would anyone mind if I zapped the post count indicator below the avatars from the template?

The join date and the Sr Member title after 100 posts should be enough to show who are the residents and who are only visiting.

Zapped… you mean, as in “deleted”? Yes, I’d mind. Could you please explain why you’d want to do that?

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Don’t know if this has been mentioned, but I don’t care to wade through a bunch of pages just to find out, but page 20 and 21 of the top 100 Adventures of all time are giving 404’s.

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Cheers. The pages worked, but the links to them on page 1 were broken. Fixed them.

Retired AG founder

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Fien - 25 May 2012 10:00 AM

Zapped… you mean, as in “deleted”? Yes, I’d mind. Could you please explain why you’d want to do that?

Having trouble finding the specific post atm, but earlier in the thread people said the post counts didn’t matter and could be deleted. I personally don’t really care either way, but I’m just saying that if people want this it can be done. Might not do it now, though, as you said you’d mind.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Marek - 25 May 2012 10:15 AM

Cheers. The pages worked, but the links to them on page 1 were broken. Fixed them.

There’s still a problem. The link to 10-6 leads to the page with 5-1, and the link to 5-1 leads to the page with the list.

EDIT: Ah-ha! Page 12 has the contents of both page 12 and what should be page 13, so everything after that got shifted.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Having trouble finding the specific post atm, but earlier in the thread people said the post counts didn’t matter and could be deleted. I personally don’t really care either way, but I’m just saying that if people want this it can be done. Might not do it now, though, as you said you’d mind.

Well, post counts don’t do a thing for someone’s “credibility”, but for me there’s more to post counts than that.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top