• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Tonight, I can no longer get the site or the forum to scroll with the middle mouse wheel.  Other sites are working fine.  Could be something on my end, but are other users having this trouble currently?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I can still scroll fine but I’m annoyed by this malware warning popping up now. Also getting a lot of “page not found” here and there. Reloading and trying links again usually works there, don’t know what’s going on.

I’d also like to be redirected to the current thread when logging in.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-12-19

PM

I’m sorry if this has been mentioned already; just wanted to report another bug.
On the games list, by choosing the ‘PlayStation’ filter, it shows ALL PlayStation titles. And I mean not only PS1 titles, but also titles for PS2 and PS3.
This one should be easy to fix, I reckon.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I am finding while surfing on my Ipad that the screenshots at the top of the reviews are not rendering and only showing as a white box.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

In the A-Z game review list, when I click a particular letter of the alphabet to check out a game review there, then use my back button, I end up at beginning of the entire game list instead of the letter I chose.  If I’m checking out the “R” games, I’d like to stay with that letter instead of going back to the beginning, clicking “R” again, and having to search through all the “R” games for the next one on the list. This was frustrating with the old board, and I was hoping it would have been fixed with the new one.  Is there any chance that this can be or is being addressed?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I understand the reason for moderating the new user review/ratings. However once it has been approved it appears I can edit the review to my hearts content without moderation.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Lucien21: Review moderation is as designed - it’s meant to be an initial filter. While you can edit afterwards, if that privilege gets abused this will either get flagged by a mod or the review would get reported by users through the report link.

I just looked at the site on my iPad and don’t see the problem you describe. Was it a broken image icon above the top image of a review? There’s a 1x1 pixel hit tracker image there that was broken earlier in the week - maybe that’s what you saw. Images should work fine on iPad (I regularly test on this device myself). Let me know if you still see any issues.

Lady Kestrel: this is unfortunately not a feature we can add. The Games A-Z is a dynamic page that gets refreshed on the fly, which is why results show up so quickly (without reloading the entire page). It’s aslo why we can have many filtering options. The back button doesn’t work in that situation. Sorry!

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 27 May 2012 01:00 AM

In the A-Z game review list, when I click a particular letter of the alphabet to check out a game review there, then use my back button, I end up at beginning of the entire game list instead of the letter I chose.  If I’m checking out the “R” games, I’d like to stay with that letter instead of going back to the beginning, clicking “R” again, and having to search through all the “R” games for the next one on the list. This was frustrating with the old board, and I was hoping it would have been fixed with the new one.  Is there any chance that this can be or is being addressed?

You could open the reviews you’re interested in in separate tabs (middle-click the links), so that you always have the list in your original tab, exactly at the point where you left it. That’s what I usually do.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Interplay - 21 May 2012 11:44 PM

With the new site, there is no longer a section on the front page for recent comments on articles by users.  It has been replaced by recent user reviews.  This way, there is no way to see recent comments unless you happen to visit the page for the game.  Is there a way this information could be added back to the home page?  IMO, this is much more useful than knowing that a game was recently reviewed/rated by a user.  (Having the user ratings is awesome, btw).

Thanks so much for adding the latest comments back to the front page.  It really helps.  And again, congratulations on all the hard work you all have put in with the update.  Thanks.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-05-29

PM

first,i’m new in the forum so please, be gentle Smile
and now for the feedback on the new site:
1. I notice that the reviews of some older games(below 2000,i think) are missing. Is this a deliberate decision by the administrators?
2. Maybe I just can’t see it,but i thinks there is no “sort by release date” on the Games A-Z section. I think that feature is important for people who are new to the genre(like me) and want to play the games in particular order.
3. Lastly, the new looks and features are very nice Smile I especially appreciated the search filter in Games A-Z section.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Hi and welcome!

Adding that sort option to Games A-Z is on our to do list. Smile

While we go back and review older classic titles from time to time, we might not have a review for every game from way back. The site started around 2002 (or 1998 in a different form) so it’s starting from around that time that we reviewed every new release.

Retired AG founder

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I noticed that when you create a user rating it has a drop down list for number of hours as well as rating.

However when you edit the rating there seems to be an extra drop down list for how hard the game is.

Is there any way to add that option to the original creation part?

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

I had not visited or posted in here for ages and was delighted to explore this major new update to the site and forums. Congratulations to you Marek and all staff members for dramatically enhancing what is definitely the best adventure gaming website around.

The new layout, fonts, and database features are top-notch. The only thing I miss is a drop-down menu at the bottom of each forum page enabling much quicker browsing, but I see it’s been mentioned already. I also see the Adventure Shop forum section has been removed though I assume it’s better that way; I recall the shop owners were not always quick to answer users’ questions in there. I do know they answer rapidly when requests are sent via their website directly, having done so twice now.

I am looking forward to visiting the site much more often.

Nice work!

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

This thread has two posts by Psychocandy but his/her Total Posts count is at 1. Is there a bug in the counting of posts?

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

One more thing…

I keep getting unsubscribed from threads I follow whenever I post in them. (At least, I think that’s when it happens. The only other explanation is that it happens at random…) I assume that the issue is that I’ve unchecked “Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread” by default. Is there any way to fix that behavior without changing my default or having to remember to manually check the box when I post in those threads?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top