• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i see you Guys are importing some important articles from the old AG as the Top20 and 100 ... i hope(want) you have any plan for importing the HoM Archives too ... because there is nothing better for keeping track of the Adventure Gaming than following the previous HoM(s) and catch what great games i missed ...

in that most anticipated Adventures wise, A-Z reviews dont offer that same intensity for collecting the Old releases .

Please!

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2006-06-06

PM

I have trouble with replies timing out. It does not even tell me I timed out, I just get a blank form. I would prefer to keep what I wrote, with perhaps a message saying that my session ‘timed-out’. (Not sure if this has anything to do with logging out. Still, annoying).

I’m also having some general posting trouble - I get a message about my reply not being posted, even though it has been. This may because I double-clicked on the ‘submit’ button, which means it is the same thing from the old forum preventing multiple posts at the same time. Then maybe put a message which explains this rather than the current ‘something failed’ one.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I removed all my cookies yesterday, logged back in and haven’t had to log in since. Good job!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Some minor nit-picking regarding the forums:

I often make my posts in a simple text editor before I copy-paste them on the forums. The new forums contain some changes in the usage of BB-code. Is it possible to address some of these things:

Is it possible to add the “strike” BB-code again? It would be nice to say things like “I’m [s]pants[/s] trousers at puzzles” for instance, and seeing the word pants being crossed out.

Also, the underline tags are wrong. This should be underlined because I used U-tags. As you can see it’s in italics instead.

One final thing: when putting more than two blank lines between paragraphs, the post gets modified as if there was only *one* blank line between them.

^ One blank line

^ Two blank lines

^ Three blank li… oops…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Quoting someone now requires you to put both the author and the timestamp in the BB-code. Like so (without the dots): [.quote author=“TimovieMan” date=“1339412376”.].

Omitting either one makes the quote-tags fail.

Replacing the incomprehensible date-number with a blank gives us this awkward looking timestamp:

TimovieMan -

Test

Is there a way to make the date-part optional?

Also, the syntax was different in the old forums, there I could simply use: [.quote=TimovieMan.] (without the dots).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

tsa - 10 June 2012 02:41 PM

I removed all my cookies yesterday, logged back in and haven’t had to log in since. Good job!

I followed your lead and am having the same result. No more constant logging in, woo!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

How do I remove cookies on the iPhone? I still have to log in there.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 11 June 2012 06:27 AM

Is it possible to add the “strike” BB-code again? It would be nice to say things like “I’m [s]pants[/s] trousers at puzzles” for instance, and seeing the word pants being crossed out.

You can use [ del ] instead (without spaces; where is the [noparse] tag?!).

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 11 June 2012 10:04 AM
TimovieMan - 11 June 2012 06:27 AM

You can use [ del ] instead (without spaces; where is the [noparse] tag?!).

That works! Spank Thank you!

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Jatsie - 11 June 2012 08:13 AM
tsa - 10 June 2012 02:41 PM

I followed your lead and am having the same result. No more constant logging in, woo!

Trying the same thing did nothing for me.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

For some reason whenever I access a review the main screenshot doesn’t load. Chrome Win 7 x64

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Trumgottist - 11 June 2012 01:43 PM

Trying the same thing did nothing for me.

Same here.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Will the ‘quote of the day/week/month’ thingy be making a return?

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Was this website attacked about an hour or so ago? I tried clicking on a thread but was redirected to an explicit website. I thought my computer was infected.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

thejobloshow - 13 June 2012 09:52 AM

Was this website attacked about an hour or so ago? I tried clicking on a thread but was redirected to an explicit website. I thought my computer was infected.

Unfortunately, yes. Frown The site was infected for about an hour or two today. We had been clean for about 2,5 weeks before this latest attack, but I guess we weren’t off the hook yet. We’re doing everything we can to stop these.

Retired AG founder

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top