• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Kurufinwe - 22 May 2012 01:22 PM

Bug report: the RSS feed at http://www.adventuregamers.com/rss/ seems to be empty. Cry For years, it’s been my main only access point to articles and news posts and I don’t know what I’ll do without it.

No need to be so dramatic. Tongue Just a little bug - squashed it. (Hadn’t looked at the RSS in a while)

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

1. The underline tag isn’t working for me when writing posts. The result turns out to be italics instead.

2. The limit for sending PMs seems rather small. I didn’t count, but it can’t be much more than 15 a day. Is it possible to make that a little higher?

3. Pictures that are wider than the set forum width get cut off when posted. They appear fine in preview mode though.

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

About the “remember me” option not working: It turns out this is a known current issue with ExpressionEngine 2.5, and I’m told a fix is in development. It’s not something I can address in the meantime, but it’s something the next patch/update of ExpressionEngine will hopefully fix.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Marek - 22 May 2012 03:55 PM

No need to be so dramatic. Tongue Just a little bug - squashed it. (Hadn’t looked at the RSS in a while)

Thanks a lot. My life is complete now.  Cool

(If you have too much time on your hands one day, you might want to add the name of the site to the feed’s title, but that’s a detail.)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The threads have all went scruncy and all I see and grey lines.

Weird.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

Oh noes! What’s happened? The whole forums seem to have collapsed like an accordion and I can’t read anything. Frown

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m getting those same lines instead of text, too.  Very strange!

Edit:  Phew!  It’s fixed now.  Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

and here I was hoping they’re switching to old forums again

*grumpy mode off

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Sorry about that, we had a temporary issue for about 10 min. (Not caused by us and nothing to do with the forums - it shouldn’t happen again.)

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Was there a security issue? I was getting redirects and pop-ups like crazy from this site at the same time when the posts got all crunched together. Not anymore.

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I suggest you start a Kickstarter campaign for a new version of vBulletin and forget about this crap of (disfunctional) forum software.
Seriously, go for it.

*grumpy mode permanently on, this time for a (very) good reason*

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

zane - 22 May 2012 08:39 PM

Was there a security issue? I was getting redirects and pop-ups like crazy from this site at the same time when the posts got all crunched together. Not anymore.

Yes, some spam code got inserted into the site.

(Before people blame the forums for this, it’s not related to the forums.)

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

zobraks - 23 May 2012 04:06 AM

I suggest you start a Kickstarter campaign for a new version of vBulletin and forget about this crap of (disfunctional) forum software.
Seriously, go for it.

*grumpy mode permanently on, this time for a (very) good reason*

I personally think you are not being grumpy, more that you are being disrespectful to the owners and Admins who have put a lot of hard work into this (free of charge I may add).

Fine, you don’t like the change, but show some respect or go elsewhere.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2006-06-06

PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is it possible to make the Comments icon and number on the front page bigger/more visible?
It is both tiny and very very light on my screen. Maybe make it identical to how it looks on the “News Headlines” box?
Also, there is no ‘jump to comments’ button. Moreover, I think the comments should be above the user reviews, as apart from the average score they just take up space.
I am also getting a dead image link on the top of article pages.

Oh, and Congratulations on the new site!

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

This new design is clean to the point of being clinical. Personally I think AG has lost its visual charm with this new layout. Hopefully the site will be just as good though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top