• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021OOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I had some difficulties with the forum today while at work (during my lunch break, don’t bug me Tongue).
Using Internet Explorer 9 (9.0.8112.16421) on Windows 7 / 64-bit.

First I couldn’t log in. Or better: I could log in, but I’d remain a guest. I could log in indefinitely (each time giving my username and password and being redirected again to the main page), but I’d be a guest each time, needing to log in again.

Secondly, the pages were displayed oddly. Every time I watched a thread where a picture got posted, that picture would be superimposed over the rest, pushing the text beneath it (from the post that the picture was in) over a lower post, making both unreadable.
The catalogue at the bottom of each page had a similar problem: it was displayed over the bottom post of each page, making that bottom post unreadable.

Thirdly, the spoilers wouldn’t re-appear when I hovered over them, I had to select the text to be able to read them, just like in the old forums.

These things hadn’t happened before. Did you perhaps change something last night or this morning?

Everything’s fine when I come here from my home PC (Vista 64-bit, Firefox 13.0), though.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Marek - 13 June 2012 10:12 AM
thejobloshow - 13 June 2012 09:52 AM

Was this website attacked about an hour or so ago? I tried clicking on a thread but was redirected to an explicit website. I thought my computer was infected.

Unfortunately, yes. Frown The site was infected for about an hour or two today. We had been clean for about 2,5 weeks before this latest attack, but I guess we weren’t off the hook yet. We’re doing everything we can to stop these.

What’s with all those attacks lately? We didn’t seem to have them on the old forum. Did you change provider or something? Or is it just perception?
I don’t mean to be critical, just curious Smile.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Just wanted to mention that everything’s ok again now. Contrary to yesterday (see my post above).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

tsa - 13 June 2012 02:15 PM

What’s with all those attacks lately? We didn’t seem to have them on the old forum. Did you change provider or something? Or is it just perception? I don’t mean to be critical, just curious Smile.

It’s not just perception, these attacks started only recently. The problems described by TimovieMan were all due to malicious code injection. It’s very hard to figure out how/where they’re carried out. It’s a frustrating situation.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-12-31

PM

Are you able to access the archived pages, because whenever I click on the connection it justs sends me to the main forum page. Meh

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I used to work, but it doesn’t work anymore for me either.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Today the MacAfee site advisor started warning me that AG is a dangerous site. It hadn’t done so before. Nothing from my anti-virus software either.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Anyone else don’t see those faded gray frames around the Quotes, today?!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I see them. They seem lighter than normal though.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i adjusted the Gamma Setting of the Monitor and i see them better now ,but no one touches this Lap But me !

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Cool, something Marek doesn’t have to fix! Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I was going to say that I can no longer visit the archives (the link just brings me back to the new forums - but the address bar does indicate that I’m in the archive subdomain of the site).
But I see it’s already mentioned.

So never mind me, carry on improving the site, and keep up the good work! Grin

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

We took the archive offline temporarily to see whether vBulletin or the old site have anything to do with the hacks. They’ll be back later.

Retired AG founder

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

what about the Archived Forums Mr.Marek ?
its been a while (more than a week now) and i can not get to it, whenever i click the link it directs me (here) to the new AG’s Forum ...

i think someone also mentioned this issue before too.

sorry for troubling you ... but i m really in need to check some old threads there

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Advie - 19 June 2012 03:28 PM

i think someone also mentioned this issue before too.

sorry for troubling you ... but i m really in need to check some old threads there

That’s exactly what Marek was just talking about.

The archive is offline until further notice, so you’ll just have to deal without those old threads for now.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top