• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Kurufinwe - 21 May 2012 01:06 PM

I can see them fine. But they’re at P, not A.

Major facepalm! Evidently, I am also alphabet-challenged. Thank you, Kurufinwe!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

As for the main site - it’s great, you really nailed it in updating but preserving the old style, colors palette etc… But I have some gripes: somehow all feels a bit “heavier”, bigger and loads a little bit slower (or that’s just my trustworthy Opera Grin). Also, this:

was somehow more aesthetically pleasing than

And I’m not the biggest fan of pull down menus and platform separation, but I guess it will make the life easier to you. But I can’t stress enough how I miss all reviews sorted and ranked in one page.

As for the forums - I beg you to find way in bringing the vBulletin back.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

It is not an important thing I just thought I’d let you know;
I miss the updates from the main site on top of the forum.
I have the forum open in a tab all the time, and the update box was a nice way to learn about new articles.
I’m guessing it wasn’t much used or maybe you want people to visit the front page more often (which I totally understand), I just thought I’d put it out there that it was a feature I liked and am missing now that it’s gone.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I don’t think this has been mentioned yet - is there a way to turn on on-screen notifications when a PM is received? I turned on email alerts but I would still like a little box to pop up when I visit the forum that tells me I have a new PM waiting for me…

Also, quotes in PMs just show up as regular text that’s indented (as opposed to being offset in a shaded box as they are on the forum). It makes the messages hard to read, would be nice if that same quote style (or at least something that’s differentiated a bit more) carried over into PMs…

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-03-08

PM

I have just a few issues with the new forums, most of which are personal preference.  The thread titles are huge.  It makes me feel like I am visiting a forum for people that have difficulty reading.

I preferred how the old forum dated posts as today and yesterday rather than the date for posts made within the last 48 hrs.  I also miss seeing people’s location underneath their avatar if they chose to provide it.  Most of all I miss being able to preview the first post in a thread by hovering the mouse pointer over the thread title, but I don’t know if anyone else actually used that feature.

These are all quite minor though, I think the update was a success overall.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Diego: those fonts look really rough in your browser. What version of Opera are you using? Upgrade it and the site might look way better, as the custom font we use was really designed for use with smooth font rendering.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

tsa - 21 May 2012 04:17 AM

Oh I think I missed that tickbox. But indeed, it should be a standard option IMANVHO Smile.

I’ve just tried it, and that box was ticked by default for me. Maybe Marek has changed the default?

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Yes, I changed it today. Makes total sense for it to be ticked by default.

BTW, as a general reminder in this thread: you can also make suggestions by using the “feedback” button on the right side of the screen. The advantage of this is that other people can vote on suggestions they agree with, which helps us prioritize a little better.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I have another thing for on the list of things to fix. When the old forums were still functioning, if someone posted in a certan thread you would get an email with a subject header like: Reply to thread ‘The AG Community Blog’. That was handy because you could sift through your emails and see which one you found the most interesting. Now you only get Someone just posted in AG forums. I wonder if the old situation could be ‘remade?’ That would be very convenient.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I don’t know if it’s just me, but the “keep me logged in” option doesn’t seem to be working. When I come back to the forum after a day, I have to log in again. It’s no big deal, but I figured you might be interested to know.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Picture thumbnails (at least of the pictures posted at PhotoBucket) don’t work with these new forums (if you click on a thumbnail, a picture can’t be found at PB). Please fix that.

Here’s an example.
Christ, I can’t even link the opening post (only) in a thread now, so I linked the whole thread.

If you payed ANYTHING for this forum software, you’ve been ripped-off.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

In addition…is there a way to have links open in a new window instead of being redirected away from the Forum?

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

GreyFuss - 21 May 2012 05:25 PM

In addition…is there a way to have links open in a new window instead of being redirected away from the Forum?

Yes, you can right-click on the link. (There are additional options, depending on your OS / browser.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

tsa - 21 May 2012 04:15 PM

I have another thing for on the list of things to fix. When the old forums were still functioning, if someone posted in a certan thread you would get an email with a subject header like: Reply to thread ‘The AG Community Blog’. That was handy because you could sift through your emails and see which one you found the most interesting. Now you only get Someone just posted in AG forums. I wonder if the old situation could be ‘remade?’ That would be very convenient.

Done - it’ll now have the thread title in the subject line.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Trumgottist - 21 May 2012 04:53 PM

I don’t know if it’s just me, but the “keep me logged in” option doesn’t seem to be working. When I come back to the forum after a day, I have to log in again. It’s no big deal, but I figured you might be interested to know.

Same problem here. I emptied my cache and, most importantly, deleted my cookies. It doesn’t matter. As soon as I close my browser, thus kill the session, I have to login again.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top