• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: A Vampyre Story

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 03 June 2013 04:53 PM
millenia - 03 June 2013 03:21 PM

Tongue

I like your colors better.

Wasn’t you the one that didn’t like the purple/violet pallet that much? (I love it btw)
Your image has much less of these colours.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

rtrooney - 03 June 2013 10:13 PM

I’m sure I’m missing some hot spots. I will say that going through the “see, touch, connverse” on everything is entertaining, but frustrating if it doesn’t lead to anything. I’ve yet to find a use for the Fly option.

I think I’ve found at least two uses for flying this far (and some good jokes) and I’ve just taken the first round around the part of the castle that is available atm. So yes, maybe you need to look harder Smile

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

millenia - 04 June 2013 04:55 AM
rtrooney - 03 June 2013 10:13 PM

I’m sure I’m missing some hot spots. I will say that going through the “see, touch, connverse” on everything is entertaining, but frustrating if it doesn’t lead to anything. I’ve yet to find a use for the Fly option.

I think I’ve found at least two uses for flying this far (and some good jokes) and I’ve just taken the first round around the part of the castle that is available atm. So yes, maybe you need to look harder Smile

millenia is right. There are at least two “fly-hotspots” nessesary to proceed.
One is above the gargoyle. and the other is ?he banner in the main hall.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I never though I’d say it but Mona is a good character. I really hated her at the start and even before the end of the first section I was trying everything just to hear the responses. I don’t even like vampires and am sick of them in my movies and games. She’s not at all lovable so I don’t know what it is. Might be simply the voice acting.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I’m finding it mildly painful to click on everything as most of the jokes would fall into what I would call the “groaner” category.  I have to admit, though, that I laughed out loud at “No, thank you.  I never drink. . . perfume.”  Grin

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

I’m late because I had such a busy weekend but I’ll join the play through later tonight. I’ve already played through the game twice before though so I can catch up pretty quickly. It still takes a while though because there is so much to click on, even if a lot of the jokes are cringe inducing (which I love).

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Alright, some screenshots incoming. Totally spoiler free apart from jokes.

The first joke that made me laugh a bit (just because of the mental image):

The first pun that actually entertained me (though it is also terrible):

There was another fun joke about the window:

Mona: It’s a rather beautiful piece of stained glass.
Froderick: Yeah, except for that huge freakin’ spider right in the middle of it.
Mona: That’s not part of the design. It just crawled up there a few minutes ago.

This one I probably found the most funny of all for some reason:

Also kinda laughed when they were discussing about the animal heads and how they wouldn’t really be able to run free anymore.

Finally:

Äää - Make it stop - Äää.

Will see if I have time today to continue.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

So, when we find the key to the bridge door, are we supposed to wait until the next go-ahead from the leader?

I’m enjoying the playthrough so far.  Mona and Froderick definitely grow on you.  As far as Froderick’s voice, I think the voice acting is very good.  The voice may be annoying (and some really awful jokes come out of that character), but the voice acting fits the character perfectly.  All the acting seems pretty good so far.

I’m undecided about the mechanics of the inventory system.  The only purpose I see for it so far would be to make the game more realistic.  But is this really a game striving for realism?  I kind of prefer the meta jokes other games sometimes make (like a character picking up a piano and putting it in their pocket) to get around the same issue.  However, if the inventory mechanics are incorporated into a puzzle in some way (for example, you lose access to potential inventory items until you find a work around), I would change my mind completely.  Even if it doesn’t occur in this game, it’s an interesting idea that could provide a puzzle twist to the usual inventory-based puzzles in another future game.

Really like the background art, but I agree with the earlier comments about it looking soft or “fuzzy”.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 04 June 2013 02:46 AM

Wasn’t you the one that didn’t like the purple/violet pallet that much? (I love it btw)
Your image has much less of these colours.

I actually dig the color palette, it’s just that I’m not really sure if the “blur” thing I mentioned comes from the unusual color palette, or something else (and I’m not playing on a really big monitor). But millenia’s picture actually gave me an idea - I’ll try to tweak a little my graphic card as to try to “sharpen” the things a bit.

RayB - 03 June 2013 09:14 PM

Is it possible to over-write a save?

No, the save system creates new slot each time you save. You can however manually delete them, saved games are stored in assets/scripts folder.

BTW, Bill Tiller has just updated his A Vampyre Story: Year One campaign with a new reward: Map of Draxsylvania.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

No progress tonight. I played for a little while, was a bit stuckish and then the game froze. I’ll try again another day with better brain.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Why you did this diego? Why you don’t wait for the rest of us to move there next week and you continue to proceed ahead of the playthrough without us? You could have posted this (well made) map AFTER next week, when we would all have explored all the areas you mention in the castle and you would have been within the pace of the playthrough… I am disappointed…  Frown

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Okey-dokey! Deleted! Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ve just remembered:

This has to be one of the COZIEST adventure locations! Smile Seriously, I think it’s a combination of a snowing weather, comfy-looking bad, candle lights… and music, that gives me a great feel of “warmness” each time I climb up in to the room.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, I’ve got the key. But, I’ve encountered a technical glitch that may keep me from completing the game.

Save Game doesn’t. When I save a game and return to that saved game all inventory items in the coffin at the time of the original save are gone. Thus requiring me to replay to re-acquire them. It’s a very tedious process, and by the time you’ve done it four times, seems hardly worth the effort.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

diego - 04 June 2013 06:30 PM

This has to be one of the COZIEST adventure locations! Smile Seriously, I think it’s a combination of a snowing weather, comfy-looking bad, candle lights… and music, that gives me a great feel of “warmness” each time I climb up in to the room.

Yes, it is cozy if you ignore the wilted flowers and the “vases.”

I’m not making much progress tonight.  I’ve talked to everyone and know what they need, but my ideas aren’t working yet.  I also had a small glitch where escape wouldn’t take me to the main menu for some reason, so I had to force quit without a save.  Luckily it was only the conversation with Edgar that I had to repeat.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top