• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: A Vampyre Story

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

millenia - 31 May 2013 05:01 PM

Still don’t see a sale, dammit!  Shifty Eyed

I think I’ll buy and install this tomorrow anyway, the assignment is done.

Describe sale Smile Amazon is $9.99 + free 2-day shipping if you’re a Prime member.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Interplay - 31 May 2013 10:43 AM

I’ve never participated in a community playthrough before, but I purchased A Vampyre Story a while back and could just never really get into it.  Maybe playing with the group will motivate me more.  I’m in. 

EDIT: I reinstalled and tested the game since I recently upgraded.  I’ve overclocked my GPU and now I’m good to go.

I’ve only played one other myself, the recently finished Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon. Will be nice to have a fellow Casual Gamer along for the ride. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

rtrooney - 31 May 2013 07:21 PM
Interplay - 31 May 2013 10:43 AM

I’ve never participated in a community playthrough before, but I purchased A Vampyre Story a while back and could just never really get into it.  Maybe playing with the group will motivate me more.  I’m in. 

EDIT: I reinstalled and tested the game since I recently upgraded.  I’ve overclocked my GPU and now I’m good to go.

I’ve only played one other myself, the recently finished Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon. Will be nice to have a fellow Casual Gamer along for the ride. Smile

I think if anyone else called me a casual gamer, those would be fighting words.  Pan  But I know what you mean.  We contributors to/defenders of the casual thread have to stick together.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The kickstarter for AVS: Year One is live!

Go check it out here.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Installed and ready

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Locked and loaded.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I got it from DotEMU—DRM-free for $9.99.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Aaaaand - off we go! I’m preparing myself tonight by watching “Sleepy Hollow” - haven’t seen it yet, and Froderick gave me a nice incentive Grin:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Ah, now I understand the reference to:

Ample supplies of thick salty merlot with an aftertaste of iron

Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

diego - 02 June 2013 07:02 PM

Aaaaand - off we go!

How nice of you to fail to complete CCS and then jump start AVS. Have you no shame?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

As I said earlier, I like your enthusiasm diego, but please, wait for me next time…I am the playthrough leader and the one who gives the green light here, or I may have a hard time to keep everyone on a straight line. Well, green light is on. You have until 10/6 to…find the key that opens the bridge door. You can also try the various comments in hotspots and familiarize with the game’s. characters and interface.

rtrooney - 02 June 2013 10:14 PM
diego - 02 June 2013 07:02 PM

Aaaaand - off we go!

How nice of you to fail to complete CCS and then jump start AVS. Have you no shame?

I understand what you try to do, but you should better leave these matters to me. Otherwise someone might take what you say as bullying/patronizing. And there is no shame in not finishing a playthrough (he is still playing CCS after all)....

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 03 June 2013 12:44 AM

please, wait for me next time…

Oops, sorry Tongue, I thought I was greenlighted as soon as it was 3/6 on my calendar Grin

Anyway, here’s an interesting anecdote: As I said, I’ve installed A Vampyre Story years ago, and it somehow always happened that I was playing it during the winter time - it’s probably that the game has a lovely “Christmas-snowy” atmosphere (it also reminds me of Halloween, probably because of this picture) and so it always seemed suited to me to be played in that part of the year. This is probably the first time I’ve started it in the spring/summer time and what happened - as soon as I loaded the game, a pretty large hail storm started from clear skies Gasp ice balls were literally falling to the room in through my window. So, in a way, it’s not that this playthrough went without a snow, either. Laughing

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

green light is on. You have until 10/6 to…find the key that opens the bridge door.

are you serious! a week to find the key?, its my 1st playthrough yeah, but that sounds just like (how to say it) ... ZzzZZzzzzz! Sealed Lips

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Advie - 03 June 2013 11:00 AM

green light is on. You have until 10/6 to…find the key that opens the bridge door.

are you serious! a week to find the key?, its my 1st playthrough yeah, but that sounds just like (how to say it) ... ZzzZZzzzzz! Sealed Lips

This may be your first playthrough, but that post shows no respect to me, or the platyhrough I am leading on. Particularly since you were prejudiced against the game and you never came in any AGCP voting (though an experienced forum member).

There are people that actually can’t participate 24h/day playing. They can have use only a small amount of their time in playing. Believe me, it is a fast pace playthrough.

Have you find the key yet? If yes, then you can wait. I’m sure there are numerous hotspots with plenty of humour and smart comments you can have fun at.

You haven’t find the key yet? Stop complaining because unjust complains ruin the playthrough for me and perhaps for many fellow players.

I made myself perfectly clear at my first post about the playthrough pace. Take it or leave it.
In any case, if anyone doesn’t want to participate in the proposing pace then he/she doesn’t have to join this thread.

And if I sound a little harsh Advie, then the fact that your boringness-impled comment (that could have been perfectly sent to me as a simple remark on a private message and perhaps discussed on a different tone) was publicly posted on the playthrough thread, surely didn’t make things better at all.

diego - 03 June 2013 09:08 AM

Oops, sorry Tongue, I thought I was greenlighted as soon as it was 3/6 on my calendar Grin

No, generally I give the signal to start each chapter by posting it. The announced date is to have you prepared for it.

diego - 03 June 2013 09:08 AM

Anyway, here’s an interesting anecdote…snowing…

Nah… it doesn’t work here… Just came from a sunny beach. Cool

EDIT: People, feel free to post your first impressions about the game. (Of course you like the backgrounds! It’s about Froderick’s voice, the game’s humour and the inventory system that I believe there will be an interesting discussion…)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am not disrespecting nor you are being harsh! its not about Sefir it a Q how the playthough being held here.
but any how i really SORRY as my post (i see now) is discouraging for the whole thing here which had been taking months to be decided and above that for your efforts .. i hope you take my post as just a pun failed inquiry Sefir.. that last thing i want to do is to be disrespectful to the most nicest member of AGforums

Edited

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top